College/ Universities

Waterloo has no campus! lol. My school's old math dept head had some connections at Waterloo so we have a trip to Waterloo where our school alumnis (who are not at UofWaterloo) come and talk to us and then some profs talk to us about Waterloo. The trip was pretty fun (we stayed over night) but the campus is awful. ;)

I would've chose Italy but that's just me. lol. I"ve never visited Europe. I'm going to Washington DC this year for band trip. ^_^

--Mandy :angelic:

yeah, that's what I thought when I saw waterloo....that it is really small and there is like nothing here. But the only reason I would go would be because I know a lot of people who are going there and not so many at guelph, also the reputation it has for engineering..unless you go to guelph, than I some what know someone :smiley:.

I would have gone to italy, but it is more of a cruise than anything and I don't do well on cruises :thinking: :puke: I'd like to go to europe, mainly for the food, I love food!! and for the experience

:lol: The chances of me going to Guelph is slim as it is. If I get Scholar's Elective at Western, it would be even slimmer. If I managed to get a 95% finals admission average (yes do laugh at this comment because it's not happening) there's probably no chance of me going ot Guelph. ;) McMaster has good rep for engineering too. ;) I think the best reason to go to Waterloo is for their business-math program with Laurier because it's just so unique. ;)

Oooh cruise... I've never been on a cruise before. ever. :mellow:

--Mandy :angelic:

that would be really interesting to do (the business-math program), too bad I didn't do any of the pre-requisites needed to do, and also, I don't think I would make a good businessman :lol:. I did apply for the engineering program at Mac but I dropped it cause I want to be more focused in biochem, instead of the physics part of engineering....unless I can get my physic mark higher than my chem mark than I will go for biophysics. :woot: (you can laugh at this also cause this will never happen) ;)

I've only been on one cruise but it was like for two days, and they were like 3 hours of moving a day, and those three hours where the worst.

yeah, that's what I thought too, about the campus and stuff, but I like the mcmaster campus a lot, cause it doesn't look emensly spread out and it kinda looks like my school....but the waterloo campus looks really small when I went around it and it felt cold and dark, which is why it is not my top choice. ;)

yeah, galapagos/amazon/ecuador, it's one of the trips my school organizes for march break...last year was australia or france...this year its italy or galapagos. So I decided to go to the galapagos cause it was hot and there are beaches and it is a once in a life time trip cause they supposedly only let a certain amount of people there a year. :confused:
Waterloo is kinda dingy, Laurier has a really nice campus though

can anyone from the UK tell me what the local impression of the University of Warwick is?

I'm planning on studying abroad during Fall 2007 there and am wondering what it's like.

I'm going to a comminty college here in the arlington area! TCC ;p dont ask! But i want to transer up to TWU (Texas Women's uni.) *not its not an all girl school anymore!* in Denton texas in a year or so! I'm going to be an Kinsology major and a minor in specail education :D

I got to Flinders University in Adelaide, South Australia and i'm in my second year of studdying Forensic & Analytical Chem!!

The hills are a pain!! yoo much walking!! but the views are amazing and it's not right in the city like the others so there's easy accsess and only 20 mins from home!!

Just got acceptance letters to three of my colleges (6 more to go...) But they were basically my safety schools. I'm a bit anxious and nervous about getting the rest of my decision letters.

And thinking back on the whole application process, I think it would have been worth while to apply to at least one Ivy. I probably would have had a shot, a small shot.. but still of shot, of getting in. But I think I didn't want the rejection letter, so I didn't apply. But I think I should have challenged myself...

The wonderful Brunel University ( of west london )

studying what else but Industrial deisgn and technology, the only place to study it ( other than loughborough but no one mentions that name!)

can anyone from the UK tell me what the local impression of the University of Warwick is?

I'm planning on studying abroad during Fall 2007 there and am wondering what it's like.

aparently really flowery, but my friend who went there a few years ago said the internet kept dying or went slow coz so many people were downloading so much "stuff" but i cant tell you as i haven't been there... i can tell u what oxford, bournemouth or brunel is like though.

Why are you planning on going there? and what you studying?

Back