Colorizations

les, i just love them! i'm full of color envy. how do you get the bg so soft and stuff? no matter how much i try it looks too blurry

Not quite sure... I always do all the color first, and then do the softening, by flattening the image and duplicating it, Gaussianing at 3, then just playing with it on Overlay, changing the saturation, opacity, etc.

HAHAHA. :blush: Thanks guys. I am SO addicted. Finally found a genre of fanart that I'm pretty good at and love doing! ^_^

ETA: Recent attempt:

leslie_03.jpg

Is it me or is Christina Ricci extremely fun to colorize? :lol:

ETA2: OK I think I figured out a way to use thumbnails! *crosses fingers*

And my favorite:

ETA3: OK, they're working now.. I hope they stay that way... :thinking:

Lara - Soooo pretty! I really like the Kate Winslet one. (y)

Jaim - Ooh my favorite is the Liv Tyler one. :love: Gorgeous eye color, especially.

LOL Actually, it wasn't as difficult as it looks. I grabbed one of Vered's incredible geometric/layer textures (I adore them! :love:) and resize it so it fit around the picture. Then I erased the inside using a feathered eraser so it looked more natural (less like I erased it lol). Then I fiddled a LOT with color, opacity, brightness, and I duplicated it once and flipped it so I could get a nice strong border around her face, erasing here and there and adding so it didn't look symmetrical. And that's it! :smiley: I think I also set one or both on Hard Light... not sure... I fiddled with all the options. :lol:

^ OK the explanaition is not supposed to be that long. :mellow: Trust me, it's simpler than it looks.

OK now I have an excuse to post a couple more... ^_^

I made 3 other versions of Kate's -- one for each different hair color she had in Eternal Sunshine. :lol: That was fun... Oh plus I made a pink one for the hell of it. lol :D

hey ya'll, new colourization i made but i don't know which is bestest...so ya'll need to help me!!! thanks to leslie for helping me with the colourful border!!!!!

border.gif

otherborder.gif

thankies for ya'lls input!!!!

second one meg ;)

and man - leslie - you freaking rock at this - the scarlett one and the chirtina one are like totally amazing!!!!!!!! :thud:

Thanks so much Jems! :hug:

ETA: Oy vey. :rolleyes:

Christy Turlington: Julia Stiles:

ETA: Elliot and Olivia :smiley:wub:smiley::

And okaaay. I can't decide which of these two to enter in a challenge. It's just a regular colorization challenge. I would enter the island" one, but I love how the Pretty Brush mascara brush (THANK YOU FOREVER AND A DAY, JAIMIE! :D) came out on the other one! Heeeelpp!

i prefer the second leslie :smiley: the dress addsa little something - pink and sparkly and the make up is great aswell as the tear :smiley: nice work.

btw the Christy Turlington piece is amazing - her listick looks fantastic (y)

Back