Combined Class Abilities

Based on Simu's past games, I believe this will be a skill based game with classes. Dragonrealms was. Think about it. Based on what I've seen of Simu's designs I think class choice will direct the speed at which you learn skills.

Say I wasnt to be a Warrior/Wizard in HJ. I can think of two possibilities of how the skills will turn out for this.

If the combined classes are unequal

Alright. In this situation the WAR/WIZ combo means the warrior aspect is larger than the wizard aspect. So your weapon, shield, armor, multi opponent, etc. skills will all be PRIMARY. Magic skills will be SECONDARY. and other skills will be TERTIARY and maybe another step.

If the combined classes are equal

In this case skills from both classes would be PRIMARY, and other skills would be SECONDARY and TERTIARY based upon an organization system none of us know about yet.

Also, I believe that every level you will get points to choose/buy new abilities based on the skills. Maybe something along the line of a base amount of points + points gained from an equation based on how much you trained that skill before you leveled up. The amount of points for abilities from a skilltype, as well as how fast you rank up in a skill is based on wether you are PRIMARY, SECONDARY, or TERTIARY in that skill.

Of course this is just my speculation on how HJ's system would work, but I believe you will have the chance to learn any skill, given enough time. Classes denote what skills you learn the fastest as per Dragonrealms. There might be a limit on the skills you can learn, say a warrior/healer might not be able to summon an undead pet, but there will be a huge choice to pick from.

I wonder then, if the healer being passive will really have any impact with dual-classing.

I mean, would a warrior/healer not be able to fight at all? If so, then what's the point of the warrior job? Or, if they can fight because of the warrior part, does that negate the disadvantage to being a healer?

Because it has been said that a warrior/wizard would be different form a wizard/warrior, I am guessing the second class is really secondary and that they are unequal.

This would mean the the warrior/healer would probably have just about enough healing power to heal themselves, but couldn't probably ever be a main healer, but the healer/warrior would have enough defensive power to beable to stand up against one monster, but is unlikely to beable to be a tank.

This would mean the the warrior/healer would probably have just about enough healing power to heal themselves, but couldn't probably ever be a main healer, but the healer/warrior would have enough defensive power to beable to stand up against one monster, but is unlikely to beable to be a tank.

sounds like good reasoning to me

Because it has been said that a warrior/wizard would be different form a wizard/warrior, I am guessing the second class is really secondary and that they are unequal.

I just hope that your secondary class isn't so... powered-down as you make it sound.

I also remember them saying something to the effect of "it's not so much that you pick two classes, but that you have two classes that combine to make your true class". So, maybe it really isn't.

Does this mean my play to be Bard / Ranger won't work because I'll be a "Barnger?"

I guess I will stick to Bard Rogue then. Sigh. Bogue it is.

Then there's Warrior/Necromancer, which'll be Warmancer. Heh, that sounds like good name for a really bad metal band. It works the other way around too, Necromancer/Warrior -> Necrorrior. That would most definitely be a death metal band (from Norway no less). 8-X

<British accent> "Eh, okay, I'll get me coat." </British accent>

Taken out of context from the general lore that's posted:

Quillmore Executioners are always Humans. Non-Humans are not accepted into their ranks; indeed, the only way to become such an undesirable is to be abandoned on the doorstep of their foreboding headquarters outside Castle Quill. The role of Executioner is not one that encourages family ties, and Executioners are raised with the belief that their family begins and ends with their fellow wielders of the Axe of Mercy, and no others. Children born of a female Executioner are either adopted out or become Executioners themselves, though usually they are raised in another part of Quillfain to dissuade the parents from becoming attached to the child, and vice versa.

Part Warrior, part Cleric, an Executioner acts in both capacities in his or her task. The Axe of Mercy that severs the head from the body is blessed and prayed over, as is the subject of the Executioner's grim attention. In the case of a Human who has advanced to the Broken state, the Executioner's job goes from ceremonial to survival. Broken infestations - rare, but not unheard of in the remote hinterland where some Humans have put down steadings - are often handled by the Executioners. They ride in, save the day, and leave amidst a rain of ashes. The survivors, if any, praise them on one hand, and spit upon their departing trail, pleading to the powers that be that they not see an Executioner again soon.

Just something I thought was neat ^_^

Back