Natural abilities

has anyone heard of this suggestion or has it been brought up, the possibilities on natural abilities such as speed increasing as you grow stronger? Such as someone who hunts more and moves around more would be better in shape than someone who sits around at the pub drinking beer every day. For example, being able to run faster into battle against an opponent and just being naturally faster than players that arent as active. dont know if they are going that in depth.

That would be cool, like a skill system. So someone who runs to his destination would be faster then a dude who teleports there all the time, not that much faster but you would notice the speed increase id theres a huge skill gap.

What else could be affected by natural abilties, jumping maybe, swimming, casting speeds, swing speeds. I actually like the idea of being able to become unique by actually working for it.

Sounds like some sort of alternate skill set that'd be cool to maybe invest some wyr or Hero Points to.
I'm sure the majority of the folks here are already against any ideas like this; But how about natural abilities per race? I have a feeling a Suwari could jump.

Im more for teh idea of being able to train your self to have an individual natural ability, not some generic racial trait, that everyone expects, then it just turns into some warcraft style cry when everyone of them arent exactly tthe same, or not exceedingly good, it would be far better to work for a trait you want, then prefect it through out your game career.

Exactly, but what if there were an exceeding amount for each race but one could only logically invest greatly into one or two?

I'll buy into that idea Luciro... racial traits/skills aren't a bad idea, as I seen them in EQ2, and done rather well imo. If there were more than one, but only trainable or able to spend so many points into one or the other (or both), then... to each their own...

~ Jaraeth

I just like seeing races actually be racial. Other than just what 'skin you're in' sort of cosmetic felgercarb.

I hope HJ does impliment trainable natural/racial abilities.

Conversely, I hope the smaller races are slower and less nimble than taller, more lithe races. I dislike it when gnomes and dwarves can keep up with humans and elves and such, their leg animations moving at 2-3x the speed of the larger folk, yet no one is faster than anyone else. Blorch. Blech. Barf.

I totally feel that racial abilities should be implemented. They should also be more than just some worthless bonus, ie +1 to sticking my finger in my nose. I think the racial traits should be like whole new skills, not just a modifier that everyone already has. Make the races unique among each other.

Back