Crossing Lines

Back of Julian.... or I'll hurt you myself. Even if yo are a fictional chatacter. I'll just dive right throuhg my computer screen. And kill you. And maybe say hi to Michael while I'm there. :blush:

“Oh come on, Mom,” Michael groaned, pushing himself up from the table. He began to pace around their kitchen as he spoke. “Look at us? I mean, for all intents and purposes I am her slave and not in the kinky way either,” he added to his smirking sister, knowing she was about to make some comment dripping with sexual undertones. “What future is there going to be for us? One of these days she’s just going to tell me that it’s over between us because that’s all that will ever result from us – nothing. I just…god,” he sighed, rubbing his hands through his sandy hair, “I never should have started this… I’m so stupid.”

I knew that was going to come out sooner or later !!!!!!!!... OMG… next chapter… :lol :

When they arrived at the Robertson’s, Julian slid out of the car first before helping Sydney out. As she walked towards the entrance to the Robertson’s house, she noted the slightly miffed look on Michael’s face; helping her out of the car was usually his job.

felgercarb!!!!!!!!! He’s so heart broken!!!!!!!! :cry: Fix it ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Ph34r:

“Suuuure,” Sydney rolled her eyes. Michael still looked slightly pouty so Sydney walked over to him and gave him a long kiss before taking his hand and pulling him towards the house.

At least Sydney noticed him being jealous...

Yeah right… don’t you try look so innocent! How mean leaving it there… you could have given us at least some nice undressing or make out session… either way… I don’t care :P

he's staying but he's not staying if that made sense

Janet’s being subtle again :rolleyes: Oh come on... a little angst is so much fun :rolleyes: :lol:

We were waiting for the angst to start and I think it just has. Sydney is going to become more infatuated with Julian. Jack will encourage Sydney and Julian to get together. Michael will feel more and more inadequate.

Chris

Sounds like Sydney is going to be spending more time with Julian.
I hope she doesn't start neglecting Michael.

I think Michael will start being intimidated by Julian.
Then he will start pulling back from Sydney.

i'm sensing big trouble with julian on board...
poor michael... with what's been bothering him and with what's happening... i bet he's thinking a lot more...

Chapter 30

“Hey babe, whatcha need?” Michael asked when he saw Sydney’s smiling face appear in the doorway to the garage’s office.

“Well, I was wondering if you could take me to lunch…with Julian,” she added carefully. With the mention of Julian’s name, Michael’s cheerful expression soured quickly.

“Alright,” he said in a short tone. “I’d be happy to,” he said, though his pleasant sentiments were obviously forced. For the past week, Sydney and Julian had been hanging out practically daily, leaving very little time for him to spend any time with Sydney. Sydney and Julian’s dates, at least, they appeared to be dates from what Michael saw from the driver’s seat, included various lunches, social events and even a walk by the lake where Sydney had taken him a year earlier, the first time they’d truly spoken. Michael tried to suppress his growing jealousy because of these outings, but with each passing day that became more and more difficult.

“Michael, you know I’m just doing this to appease my father. If I hang out with Julian for a while and then break up with him casually, my dad can’t yell at me for not trying. I’d be trying which would get him off my back for a while anyway,” Sydney told him.

“I know that,” Michael said, avoiding meeting her eye.

“I don’t have feelings for Julian,” she said.

“I know that,” Michael repeated.

Sydney sighed heavily. “I’ll be back in ten minutes with Julian; we’ll talk about this later.”

Sydney had to admit, she did not enjoy her lunch with Julian even the tiniest little bit. Her mind was preoccupied with Michael, who was sitting in the car, sulking most likely. She felt partly guilty for spending time with Julian, but at the same time, she truly felt no romantic feelings for him. Her only motive for spending time with him was trying to get her father to see that she was willing to go along with his plan, even if she really wasn’t. Before Julian, he was harping on her practically daily that she needed to put some effort into his attempts to find her a husband or, at the very least, stop abusing the candidates he brought her.

“I can’t believe that waitress didn’t recognize you,” Julian said with a slight laugh halfway though their drive home.

“Oh I know. More than that, I can’t believe she was hitting on you so blatantly,” Sydney sighed.

“I know. The nerve of her… I mean, obviously we were on a date!” Julian exclaimed. At this comment, Sydney cringed inwardly. She didn’t even have to look into the front seat to know that Michael’s hands must have been ghostly white from gripping the steering wheel tightly.

When they parked in front of Sydney’s house, Julian hopped out of the car without waiting for Michael to open the door for them. Sydney followed him out of the car and the two of them stood on the gravel driveway just beside the steps for a moment before Julian reached out and stroked Sydney’s cheek softly with his hand. “You know you’re very beautiful,” he said softly. Sydney blushed and tried to look away but before she could, Julian’s lips were on hers. Stunned, she took a step back, but it was too late; the kiss had already happened.

Before she could speak a word, the car they’d just exited drove off quickly and Sydney’s heart sank to the pit of her stomach. She could actually feel Michael’s heart breaking. “Julian…”

“Sydney, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that; I don’t know what came over me,” Julian apologized quickly.

“Julian, I need to tell you something,” Sydney sighed. Julian gave her a curious look and she gestured for him to sit on the nearby steps leading up to the front door of her house. She sat beside him and clasped her hands between her knees. “Julian, I haven’t been completely honest with you and I’m sorry. I’ve been… using you to get my father off my back and I’m sorry.”

“Using me?” Julian asked in a slightly surprised tone.

Sydney nodded guiltily. “I’m sure you’re aware of the fact that my father is trying to find me a husband…,” Sydney sighed. Julian nodded so she continued, “Well, I haven’t been very receptive to his suggestions. Usually I dump my dinner on them,” she laughed slightly. “But you were so nice, I figured we could... you know, hang out for a while and it’d get him off my back. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to drag you along in this but the truth is… the truth is I already have someone in my life, who I love very much.”

“A…boyfriend someone?” Julian asked.

Sydney nodded. “He and I have been together for quite some time now and…and I’m sorry, I can’t be with you; I want to be with him.”

“That’s alright Sydney; I understand. Your happiness is what’s most important,” Julian told her with a smile. “I’ll pack up my things and I’ll be on my way…,” just as he was about to stand, he paused to ask her, “Do you mind if I ask who it is?”

Sydney smiled softly and gestured towards the garage. “Michael, my driver.”

Julian nodded. “I suspected as much. He did seem a bit hostile and… well, the way he looked at you it was obvious he had feelings for you, I just wasn’t sure if you reciprocated them or not.”

“I do,” she assured him.

“Well then, it was nice to meet you, Sydney,” Julian said, extending his hand to her. Sydney shook it and then watched him walk inside before hurrying off towards the garage. There, she found Michael rubbing at a spot on the windshield of the SUV so hard she was afraid he might actually rub a hole in the glass.

“Michael,” she said simply.

He refused to meet her eye but he momentarily sopped his rubbing. “I don’t really want to talk to you right now,” he said shortly.

“Michael, we need to talk.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“YES!” Sydney raised her voice.

That time, Michael looked over at her with a scowl. “No,” he said firmly.

“Damn it, Michael, Julian kissed me; I didn’t initiate that!” she exclaimed.

“I know,” he mumbled.

“Then come talk to me,” she requested. He shook his head. Talking meant ending things and he did not want that to happen; he could not bear for that to happen, even if things were already over. “Fine, you wanna do this right here because either way I’m going to start talking and you’re going to listen to me even if I have to tie you down,” she told him sternly.

“Do I look stupid to you, Sydney? DO I? I know I drive your car and put up your Christmas lights and stuff, but do I really look that dumb? Do you really think I don’t know how this is going to end? We had our time together, what was it? Seven? Eight months? Well, whatever, it was great. But we both knew how this was going to end all along. Princesses don’t marry the help,” he said bitterly, turning back to the windshield.

“God Michael,” Sydney said, emotion beginning to show in her voice. “That’s not really what you think, is it? That’s not what you think of us…that we were just some fling…”

“I know we weren’t a fling, Sydney but…,” he sighed. “What else is there?”

“There’s still us,” she told him.

“No, there isn’t. I want us to end, I-”

“You can’t mean that,” she cut him off as a tear rolled down her cheek.

He nodded solemnly. “I want you to be with him, Sydney. Go. Be with Julian. He can give you things I can’t give you. He’s the better man for you; your father picked him out for you. He’s the one you should be with. He can give you everything you want.”

“No he can’t!” Sydney shouted.

“Yes, he-”

“No he can’t!” Sydney shouted, louder that time. “He can’t give me what I want because I want you, damn it! I don’t care about anyone else or what anyone else says because I want you, only you,” she said, her voice wavering slightly on the end. Michael looked at her with a slightly hopeful expression, though he was still wary.

“You’re right, Michael,” Sydney continued. “My father did pick Julian out and Julian is a good man. Maybe if you weren’t in my life I would have considered Julian as a husband, but the thing is – you are in my life and I’m so glad that you are because… because you can give me so many things Julian can’t.

“You can make me laugh. He can’t do that, Michael, only you can make me laugh until soda comes right out my nose,” she said, smiling softly at the recollection of that event. “Only you can make me feel beautiful when my hair’s a mess and I haven’t showered and I feel like a train wreck. Only you can make my whole body tingle when you kiss the back of my neck even if we have been together for almost a year. Only you can do those things, Michael, which is good because I only want you,” she told him as a few tears slid down her cheek.

Feeling like an idiot, Michael stepped forward and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tightly for a few minutes before giving her a long, sweet kiss. When he pulled back, he brushed her cheeks dry of tears and nuzzled his face against hers. “Maybe,” Sydney sniffed slightly, “we should continue this not in the garage.”

“That’s probably a good idea,” he said with a soft laugh. She grabbed his hand, lacing her fingers through his, before pulling him towards the house.

Once they were safely in her bedroom, Michael pulled her into another hug. “Are you sure?” he asked softly into her ear. “I mean… your father and-”

“It doesn’t matter,” Sydney cut him off. “I love you; you are my best friend; I want to be with you. That’s all that matters,” she smiled.

“Well then,” Michael said, sniffing slightly, trying to hold back his own emotions. “I guess I should make this official then.” He paused to take her hands in his and get down on one knee in front of her. She took one of her hands back only long enough to brush the hair out of her eyes before giving it back to him.

“Sydney, I can’t give you a fancy house… and I can’t promise you all the riches in the world. I’m just me… high school educated police academy graduate me. What I can promise you is that from this day on I’ll love you for the rest of my life. I’ll cherish you more than anything else in this world because you are more precious to me than anything. Every day of our lives together I’ll try to make you happy because you make me so happy and I love you so much. So, will you marry me?” he asked.

“Yes,” she choked out, tears flowing steadily down her face. Michael stood and pulled her immediately into a tight hug, spinning her around in a circle before pulling her down into a searing kiss. Using his tie, Sydney began pulling Michael towards the bed in her room, which elicited a confused look from him. “You wanna celebrate, don’t you?” she smiled.

His confused look melted into a smile as he sighed, “Absolutely,” before kissing her once more.

Before they even reached the bed, Michael’s jacket and tie had already reached the floor. Still kissing, Sydney scooted herself up on the bed as she began the task of unbuttoning Michael’s white shirt. Meanwhile, Michael’s lips were busy attacking her neck and his hands were fumbling with the buttons on her blouse. Once he had it half unbuttoned, he pushed it off her shoulders and Sydney pulled her arms out. Using this brief break in their kissing, Michael let his own shirt float to the floor and he climbed up on the bed beside Sydney.

Once they were kissing again, Michael’s hands traveled across her back to the clasp on Sydney’s bra, which he fumbled with for such a long time that Sydney actually stopped kissing him, pulled back and asked with a laugh, “Having trouble?”

A soft pink shade crossed Michael’s face as he mumbled, “No…”

“Yes, you are,” Sydney giggled. “Have you never unhooked a bra before?”

“Of course I have,” Michael said in an almost proud tone. Sydney gave him a look. “I so did! It just…it just had the clasp in the front, right here,” he said, pointing to the space between the bra cups in the front.

“Oh well, in that case watch and learn,” Sydney smiled before turning around. Instead of unhooking her bra in a quick fashion, like she usually did, she did it slower to demonstrate for Michael how the confusing contraption worked. “Better now?” she smiled.

“Much,” he smiled back before attacking her with kisses again.

was that short enough angst for ya'll :P

hell yer that was short enough angst
is it wrong that i cat wait for cookies sexual inuendo its always soo funny
so glad that he propsed
it was soo cool
i just hope julian is really a nice guy and doent go telling daddy warbucks

While reading this chapter I was like non non non non non because I could feel the angst coming, I really thought Vaughn was going to break up with her and I didn't want that to happen!!!!! But my mood changed when he proposed :jump: , I can't believe they are getting married, just like I can't help but wonder, is it possible for Sydney to become a widower before the wedding, because Jack won"'t be happy when she will tell she is getting married to her driver :P

Yay for engagement and engagement celebrations :P :love:

Now how's Jack gonna react? :thinking:

Me loves engagement celebrations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

WOW, with each dirty part, they're undressing themselves more and more :lol:

Poor Michael and the bra... that made me laugh! I love Sydney being such a simple princess and not a spoiled brat like you wrote her at the beginning in A fine line

Oh they're engaged!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG :woot:

What's daddy gonna say to this???????????? :blink:

YES... There engaged and everything is the way it should be!!! :smiley: At least Julian wasn't an a** about it... Now I can't wait to see how Jack reacts... I can forsee him sending Vaughn on to Siberia, and Syd sneaking out to go get him! :smiley: Great update, can't wait for the next chapter

Gee, I love how you stopped the chapter right when it was getting good! That is soooo you! :smiley:

I can't wait to see what happens next with her Dad and all. :smiley:

Back