Damaged

thankee 4 all the updates. nick really does need to grow up and learn to ditch his friends but i can understand that it would be hard 4 him to but if he wants ky that much then he is gonna have 2 scrifice stuff 4 her. soz u prob dont want 2 hear this. what is jared gonna do? if the a**hole begs 4 forgivness then i hope that joey kicks him straight back out the front door.
thats my penny's worth today.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

ukaliaschick said:
thankee 4 all the updates.  nick really does need to grow up and learn to ditch his friends but i can understand that it would be hard 4 him to but if he wants ky that much then he is gonna have 2 scrifice stuff 4 her.  soz u prob dont want 2 hear this.  what is jared gonna do?  if the a**hole begs 4 forgivness then i hope that joey kicks him straight back out the front door.
thats my penny's worth today.
ukaliaschick (y)  (n)
Interesting.. :D You two will just have to wait and find out ;)

Spoiler time! This is an easy, and I mean, EASY question. Name the actress that will play Mrs. Vaughn? You only get one guess my babies :D PM me your answer and I will spoil you, I will SPOIL you rotten! I will give you 2 spoilers and that is it! Good luck my beauties :angelic:

aww i dint even get a chance 2 enter..... oh well.. i prefer not having spoilers some times and this is definately one of them.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

Joey smiled at Lawrence as she let him in. He embraced her tightly and kissed her cheek. They withdrew from each other and held hands.
“I ordered some Chinese before I got here,” he told her. “How ya holding up?”
“I’m better,” she brought him into the living room. “I don’t know, seeing Jared after all this time..it was-.”
“A lot to take in?”
She grinned, “You know me too well,” she grasped his hand and led him into the living room.
“What made him come crawling back?”
“Amanda left him for her ex.”
“Hmm..karma really does come back and bite people in the ass,” he pulled the throw blanket over them.
“Pretty much. He was..miserable when I turned him down. If I were still the old me, I would have felt guilty.”
“You didn’t even feel a little bad?”
“No, not really. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.”
“Closure,” he said knowingly.
“Yep, I didn’t know that I wanted it so badly.”
“Now that you have it, what are you going to do?”
“I did call Harrison today,” her expression brightened up. “Things are better between us.” She sighed and said, “That reminds me; Nick f***ed up with Ky again.”
“That boy is so thick headed,” Lawrence shook his hand. “What did he do this time?” Joey told him about the incident. “He needs to be slapped.”
“Definitely.”
“You should kick his ass while wearing your pointed toe Prada boots-wait, scratch that. They’re way to cute to ruin. You should wear the beige ones.”
“That I will,” she said thoughtfully. The doorbell rang. “That’s probably the food, I’ll go get my purse.”
“It’s on me, and I won’t take no for an answer,” he put his hands on her shoulders.
“You’re the best.”
“Damn straight,” he said before kissing her forehead. “You just stay here, sweetie.”
“Thanks,” she called out to him as he left the room.

It was Wednesday, the last day of Nick’s suspension. Ky deleted the many messages he had left on the answering machine. Lightly, she tapped the plastic button. Disapprovingly, Anna shook her head as she sat on the living room couch watching her best friend. Loudly, the doorbell sounded throughout the house.
“I’ll get that,” Anna said. “Ericsson, long time no see.” They hugged.
“Fatherhood tends to take a toll on your social life,” he shrugged. “How have you been?”
“Good, living the life of an average public school student,” she put her hands in the front pockets of her denim jeans.
He leaned in and lowered his voice, “How’s Ky?”
“She’s still pretty pissed off at Nick. He’s been calling for the past few days leaving messages, groveling and doing a great job of it.”
“And she still hasn’t broken down?”
“Nope.”
“She is so damn stubborn.”
“Amen to that.”
“Where is she?”
“In the kitchen, deleting his messages,” she gestured to the kitchen with a nod.
“Good, I gotta talk to her, alone.”
“I’ll take that as a cue to haul my ass upstairs,” she turned off the television.
“Thanks,” he took off his hat and gloves.
“I have to work on my paper anyway, I’ll see ya,” she went upstairs.
Stepping into the kitchen, he spotted her at the table and greeted her.
“Hey Ky,” he approached her.
Closing the textbook in front of her, she said, “Ericsson, what brings you to my neck of the woods?”
“I just thought I’d drop by,” he pulled out a chair. “Harrison has a meeting, he’s going to be a little late.”
“Thanks for informing me. I’ll save him some leftovers.”
He nodded, “I bumped into Nick today.”
“Really? How is that ***hole?”
“Ky, please don’t.”
“What? I’m just saying what he is,” she sneered.
“He didn’t mean what he said.”
“Of course he didn’t, because Keith made him do it. That sorry ass excuse gets old fast. He does have something called ‘free will’.”
“Well, ‘free will’ is just idea for someone like him.”
“Ericsson, what are you doing?”
“I’m trying to make you understand where he’s coming from,” he moved closer to her. “When I saw him today, the way that he was talking to me, he was filled with remorse and guilt.”
“I find that very hard to believe.”
“Ky, he’s got it bad for you.”
She rolled her eyes, “I’m not going to forgive him. I gave him a chance, and he screwed it up.”
“Why are you so quick to just cut people off?”
“Because people suck, that’s why,” her tone was firm.
“Not all of them.”
“That’s what you think.”
“No, it’s common knowledge. Most people are good, and yeah, some of them are asses. But that doesn’t mean that you should just build up these walls around you not letting anyone in.”
“From what my own experience, I’ve learned that people can’t be trusted. Harrison and Anna, are the only people in my life that I can always depend on, that I can trust.”
“How about me, or Jacobs?! Whenever Harrison can’t be there for you, WE are! Do Jacobs and I even matter to you?”
His dark eyes pierced right through her. She was asked a simple question yet, she was afraid to answer.
“Why would you even ask that?”
“Why is it so difficult for you to answer?”
“You and Jacobs know that I love you guys like family.”
“Really? So, why do you feel like you can’t trust us?”
“Look, I’ve known Harrison ALL my life. He’s been there since day one.”
“All right, he has that edge over us. But you don’t have to know someone all their life to love or care about them. I mean, I love you like a sister and I’ve known you for five years”
“You just don’t understand where I’m coming from. I just can’t let anyone into my life, I can’t trust people as easily as you, especially men.”
He paused for a few moments before speaking.
“I’m not your father, neither is Jacobs. We’re never going to let you down or leave you behind like he did. And Nick-he’s not Chris. You have to move on from the past.”
“Maybe that’s easy for you to say, because you haven’t lived my life. Ericsson, you have two parents that love you; you have a wife and a child that just adore you. And when you were in high school, you didn’t have friends that f***ed you over. So where do you get off telling me how to live my life?” She said defensively.
“I know that whole b**** act intimidates everyone else, but it doesn’t work on me. I’m not your enemy Ky.”
“I didn’t say you were,” she glared at him.
“Well you’re treating me like it and with that stare you’re giving me I understand why Nick is afraid to talk to you in person.”
“I’ve had enough this conversation,” she got out her seat and made her out into the living room.
“I haven’t,” he followed her.
“Someone’s here,” she grasped the doorknob.
“How do you know?”
“I heard a car door close while we were in the kitchen,” she opened.
“Nick,” Ericsson said. “Isn’t this a nice coincidence we were just talking about you.”
“You are such an ass,” Ky said to Ericsson.
“You’re welcome, I’ll be leaving now,” he gave Ky a smug smile as he left. “Good luck, Nick.”
“Thanks,” Nick glanced at Ky. “I’ll need it. Can I come in?” She didn’t respond. “Please? I really need to talk to you.”
Reluctantly, she opened the storm door to let him in.

thankee. btw who is ericsson? i neede that cauase i have been having a crappy week so far and that was just the pick me up that i needed. for some reason reading chapters at a time is better than a whole book cause u get the story for longer and yet the story still feels continuous.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

Ericsson is a fellow teacher/friend of Harrison and Ky. Thanks for saying that, I've been having a few crappy days myself. I'm sick and..just..you replying to this fic makes me feel little better. The same goes for mystery chick too. I'm so grateful for having two loyal readers like you two. I don't know..I guess my cold and the fact that only you two seem to be the only people read and reply is just making feel :(

Aww hope you feel better Suga! and... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He set her up?! and he... and nick! *points speechless* *dies* ;)
--mandy :angelic:

“Thanks,” he stepped in. His full lips were quivering.
“It’s freezing out there, I’m that not inhumane,” she closed the front door.
An awkward silence entered the room. Even though she was wearing her baby blue pajama pants and her white tank top, she felt the need to cover herself. Snatching her hooded sweatshirt off the couch, she felt his eyes on her. His gaze made her feel…desired.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” She zipped up her sweatshirt.
“Nothing,” he shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment. “It’s just, you even look pretty when you’re just in your pajamas.”
She suppressed her smile and said, “Hitting on me is not going to get you on my good side again. And would you sit down, I hate tilting my head to look up at you.” She passed him and sat on the sofa.
“I wasn’t hitting on you, I was just being honest,” he sat next to her and his knee brushed against hers.
She concealed the thrill that went through her.
“I love how you and Ericsson set this whole thing up for your own amusement.”
“I didn’t set you up, Ericsson did. He told me that he was going to talk to you tomorrow, not today.”
“I don’t doubt that. So, why are you here?”
“Since you’ve been ignoring my calls, I wanted to apologize. I know that sorry isn’t enough. I mean; I f***ed up the only chance you gave me. But you’ve got to understand, I didn’t mean what I said. I’m not a racist, I’m a coward, and a spineless lemming, but I’m not a racist. I’m sorry that I hurt you.” His dark eyes were fixated on her. She saw the longing and pleading look in his eyes.
“You were an ***hole for saying that.”
“I was,” he agreed. “If I could take it back, I would. But I can’t. Ky, I want a second chance.”
“It’s not easy for me to do that..for anyone.”
“Could I at least…try to earn it?”
“By doing what?”
“Anything you want me to.”
“Why are you doing this? Why are you so invested in me?”
“Do you want the truth?”
“Always and just for future reference, you never have to ask me that.”
He nodded, “I’ve never met anyone like you before. I don’t know why, but I care about you so much. Maybe it’s because..I think that you might be good for me. I need a person like you in my life.” He moved closer to her. “I swear, if you reply to this with one of your sarcastic comments then I’ve wasted my breathe-.”
“No, you haven’t wasted anything by saying that. I’m not cruel, Nick. I believe you. Thank you,” she was aware of his close proximity and turned her attention to the window to distract herself. “You shouldn’t drive home in this kind of weather.”
“I’ll be all right.”
“No, it’s a blizzard out,” she faced him. “It’s too dangerous. You’re staying here for the night,” she stood up.
Stunned, he looked up at her, “Are you sure?”
“The couch has a pullout bed inside and you can wear Harrison’s clothes,” Ky said removing the cordless phone from the side table.
“Is Harrison going to be okay with this?”
“Yeah,” she grinned. “I just have to call him,” she stepped onto the staircase.
“Where are you going?”
“I need to get some sheets and clothes for you.”
“Oh, right.”
“You just wait there,” she ran upstairs and called Harrison as she went into the linen closet. Cradling the phone between her shoulder and her face she spoke to him.
“Harrison, where are you?” She closed the closet door with her hip.
“I’m at Jacobs, I’m spending the night. It’s hell out on the roads,” he answered.
“I know; that’s why I called. Is it all right if Nick spends the night?”
“Why is he there in the first place?”
“He came over to apologize” she went into Harrison’s room and opened his closet. “So, can he stay?”
“Yeah, of course.”
“Ok, I’ll see ya tomorrow. Bye.”
“Bye.”
After closing the closet door, Anna appeared in the doorway.
“So, we’re having a co-ed slumber party tonight?” Anna teased.
“It’s not like that,” Ky walked past her.
“Sure. I better not hear groans and moans of lovin’ in the middle of night,” she winked.
Ky shook her head chuckled as she went downstairs.

:lol: *shakes head* you're hopeless!
“So, we’re having a co-ed slumber party tonight?” Anna teased.
“It’s not like that,” Ky walked past her.
“Sure. I better not hear groans and moans of lovin’ in the middle of night,” she winked.
Ky shook her head chuckled as she went downstairs.

groans andmoans of lovin' :lol: :rotflmao: hahaha that was great! loved it! ohhhh co-ed slumber party :P :lol: Can't wait to see what happens next!

he he!! i wish i could have a co-ed slumber party. i am missing one of the few that my firends are have cause i am going on holiday! oh well. thankee 4 the update. the waether in ur fic is almost like it is where i am. it is almost freezing but its too dry i think for the snow 2 come. oh well
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

Shaking his head, Jacobs looked at Harrison. He hadn’t known someone to be so trusting. Jacobs knew of Nick’s reputation with girls and Harrison didn’t.
“I can’t believe you just did that,” Jacobs said.
“Did what?” Harrison put his mobile phone on the kitchen counter and joined Jacobs at the table.
“You’re letting Nick spend the night at your house with Ky.”
“And Anna.”
“So, let me sort this out, you’re letting Nick, the kid is smitten over Ky spend the night with her? You are a piece of work, my friend.”
“I trust Ky. She’s not going to let anything happen.”
“I trust her too, Nick on the other hand..this what guys his age dream of.”
“Ky can handle herself. She won’t even let him touch her for crying out loud,” Harrison said as he took a sip from his beer.
“Call me crazy, but I think she’s into him.”
Harrison laughed. “What have you been smoking?”
“You’re a real smart ass you know that? Just hear me out; she’s letting him spend the night. After what he said to her on Monday, I’m surprised that she didn’t castrate him at the door.”
“What could she possibly see in him?”
“Something we don’t. Besides, you know from experience that it’s hard not to fall for the Storetto charm,” he winked.
“It could never work, it just couldn’t.”
“Why?”
“Because..”
“Just spit out!”
“Because I don’t want her to date!”
A few seconds passed before one of them said a word.
“Harrison, if you don’t want her to date then what do you call her relationship with Chris?”
“I don’t know. With Chris, I always knew that it wouldn’t last and that she would eventually leave him behind. But..it killed me to see the hell that he put her through. She was so torn by him. There were so many times where I just wanted to intervene and-.”
“Jeopardize your career by kicking the living s*** out of him?”
“Yes! My hell, was seeing her going through that much suffering for him.” The grief in his deep voice was apparent.
“But you had to. She had to learn on her own that Chris wasn’t the guy for her. She had to be strong..without your help. You did the right thing.”
He sighed, “I can’t watch her get hurt again.”
“You have no way of knowing if Nick is going to be like Chris. Ky has to find that out for herself. Harrison, you can’t protect her forever.”
“I know and that scares me. But I’ll just have to deal.”
“And let’s hope that Nick doesn’t screw up again. You know what’s kinda funny?”
“What?”
“You and Ky have this like father like son thing going on.”
“You are such a Jackass,” Harrison laughed.
“Well now you’re just being mean,” he quipped as he went over to the refrigerator.

Intriguingly, Nick watched Ky set the table as he leaned in the archway. His eyes traveled along her slim but curvaceous figure. He knew that she was aware of his presence and that she would soon notice his ogling; he couldn’t seem to take his eyes off of her.
“Need a hand?” Nick said as he approached her.
“I’m pretty much done, but thanks for asking,” she bent forward to place a glass down. The small of her back caught his attention.
“Can I ask you something?”
“What?”
“Why do girls like to wear their pants low on their hips?”
“Well, I can only speak personal experience, but I find it to be very comfortable. Just like how you guys sag your pants showing off her boxers.”
“We do that to be sexy for the ladies,” he joked and winked at her.
“That’s another reason a lot of us wear our pants low, to show some skin. Well, that’s not why I do it.”
“Oh come on.”
“I don’t,” she gave him an innocent look.
“Don’t deny it.”
“Hey, it’s not my fault that you were checking me out.”
“I was so not!”
“Yeah you were, I was fully aware of your eyes ogling my the small of my back.”
“Fine,” he shrugged, “you caught me.”
“That’s what I thought,” her smile was playfully smug.
“But can you honestly blame me?” He stepped closer to her.
“Let me guess, you’re going to call me ‘hot’ again, right?” Uneasily, she scoffed. “You are so predictable.” She tried to keep her composure
“Really?” His eyes were fixated on her lips. “Then, I guess you can tell me what I’m going to do next.” He leaned in.
She was frozen as his lips drew near.
“What don’t you two just pounce each other already?” Anna walked in.
Ky gasped and backed away from Nick. “I’m just going to wash up now,” she bolted out of the room.
“Thank you so much for doing that,” Nick said sarcastically.
“Hello, did you see the petrified look on Ky’s face?” She picked up her plate and used the plastic tongs to pile heaps of pasta on her plate. “Besides, you’re lucky that Harrison is letting you spend the night, you shouldn’t use this opportunity to screw it up.”
“I guess you’re right. Hey Anna?”
“Yeah,” she handed him the tongs.
“Is Ky even into me?”
“I can’t answer that,” she set her plate on the table.
“Come on, you’re her best friend-well, you’re her only friend, you’d know.”
“And as her best friend, I can’t tell you anything,” she took out a gallon of mango guava from the refrigerator.
Setting his dish on the table, he said, “You have to tell me something, I mean, Ky’s pretty ..cold.”
“And this is coming from guy that calls her hot all the time?” Her smirk was playful.
“Oh and that’s another thing, why does she get all weird when I tell her that? I thought girls liked getting compliments.”
“We do, it strokes our well hidden female ego. Ky isn’t like every girl, she’s not used it getting hit on.”
“How about Chris, didn’t he ever-.”
“Don’t bring him into this,” her voice was ominous.
“Why?”
“Because his name is like a swear around here, we don’t say it. Just like the way we don’t talk about her ex-friends. They’re not apart of her life anymore and that’s the way it should be.”
“I got ya. But I don’t know what to do. She’s not a very open person to begin with.”
“If there’s one thing Ky cherishes the most it’s friendship.”
“I’ve tried that already.”
“Well, you failed. But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try again. I mean, you do have friends that are girls, right?”
“When.. I was a kid I did.”
“Ok, from the tone of your voice and from the deer-in-the-headlights looking you’re giving them, I can tell that is a foreign concept for you.”
“You’re right. So, enlighten me.”
“This sounds cliché but be yourself and not that ***hole that I saw in the classroom. Like right now, you’re being a pretty decent guy.”
“Thanks.”
“No problem.”
“She’s been gone for awhile now.”
“Yeah, she’s in the bathroom probably trying put her game face back on.”
“I figured as much. I hope she comes back soon.”
“I swear if you two start playing footsy dinner I’ll gag,” she joked.
Nick laughed as he ate.

thankee thankee thankee *does happy dance*
he he i play footsie with my boyfriend.
wonder what is going to happen when the lights go out??
ukaliaschick :scotsman:
ps
thankee thankee thankee

ukaliaschick said:
wonder what is going to happen when the lights go out??
:lol: hehe me too! me too!! :D that was great!

“Really?” His eyes were fixated on her lips. “Then, I guess you can tell me what I’m going to do next.” He leaned in.
She was frozen as his lips drew near.
“What don’t you two just pounce each other already?” Anna walked in.
wow you totally caught me off guard there. :blink: please let them smooch already! please?!!!! :confused:

Noisily, Angel chomped on a small piece of chicken while Joey and Lawrence ate lunch in the kitchen. They spoke of Lawrence and Hayden’s upcoming five-year anniversary.
“So, what do you two have planned for tonight?” Joey asked as she drank from her glass.
“Honestly, I have NO idea. For the first time, he’s doing all the planning. I’m excited and scared…he’s not the really romantic type,” he poked his fork at the salad in front of him.
Reassuringly, Joey said, “Don’t be scared. He probably has this elaborate, incredibly romantic evening planned out for the two of you.”
“I sense some jealousy in your voice.”
“Well of course you do. I just want what you have.”
“How about Harrison?”
“I haven’t spoken to him since Jared came over,” she left her seat and went over to the sink.
“And why is that?” He followed her.
“I can’t help but to feel a little apprehensive. I don’t how I would be if things between Harrison and I just fall apart,” she turned on the faucet.
“You have no way of knowing if that’s going to happen. Joey, you can’t be afraid to take that leap. What’s holding you back?”
“Nick.”
“Nick, you’re little brother?”
Sighing she said, “He likes Ky but he keeps on screwing up with her. And I’m the one who’s had to clean up his mess. I can’t even imagine what goes through Harrison’s mind whenever Nick decides to act up.”
“Harrison wants to be with YOU, not Nick. So, let him handle his own issues because he’s almost nineteen and it’s about he grew up on his own. Sweetie, focus on your needs.”
“I don’t know if I-.”
“You can,” he dried their dishes. “Trust me.”
She kissed him on the cheek, “I’m so lucky to be your hag.”
He chuckled, “I know.”
Pushing down the faucet, she ripped two papers towel from the dispenser and handed one to Lawrence.
“I think I’m going to call Harrison just to see what’s he’s up to,” she threw her arm around his shoulder.
“And don’t forget about Nick, he needs a verbal ass kicking,” he wrapped an arm around her waist.
“Thanks for reminding me,” Joey said as they went into the back patio.
Covering her lean body with a wool blanket, Anna rolled onto her stomach as she watched television from the pullout bed. Laughter blared from the television speakers causing her to reduce the volume. Putting her hand in the plastic bowl next to her, she took a few chips and popped the potato crisps in her mouth. The sweet taste of sugar and barbeque made her groan in satisfaction and shamelessly, she licked her fingertips.
“Classy,” Ky remarked as she went down the stairs.
“You know it,” Anna replied. “Where have you been?”
“Just showing Nick where the bathroom is so he can change,” she sat next to Anna.
“Did you help young Nicholas change?” She joshed.
“No and you are such a big perv.”
“You didn’t even take a little peek?”
“No! I’m not a peeping Tom-or Betty in my case.”
“Too bad, because he is really built like…swoon worthy.”
“How can you tell?”
“Just from the clothes that he wears. Like his shirts nicely hug his manly pecs and his pants-.”
“Oh God, don’t even go there.”
Giggling, Anna said, “I’m kidding. Besides, his pants are too baggy for me to judge,” she winked.
“I guess I’ll start wearing my booty shorts then,” Nick said while coming downstairs. His arms were brawny and his skin was tanned. The waistband of his boxers was peeking out of Harrison’s plaid pajama pants. It surprised Ky how accurate her dream of his body was.
“Silver ones would really bring out your eyes,” Anna suggested.
“I’ll take that into consideration.”
“You’re both gong to hell,” Ky added.
Nick and Ky looked at each and shrugged.
“I better get to bed,” Anna rolled off the bed.
“It’s only nine,” Ky said with an inquiringly look.
“I want to get an early start.”
“Oh, before you go you left this in the bathroom,” Nick handed her a dog tag.
“Thank you kindly.”
“I should be going too,” Ky got up.
“Really? It’s still early,” Nick said when he crawled onto the bed.
“Yeah, I don’t want to have fight Anna for the bathroom in the morning.”
“I have no idea what Ky’s talking about because I wake up looking this good,” Anna said before doing a sassy spin.
Nick laughed, “You are a piece of work.”
Cheerily, she said, “I know. Night Nick,” she jogged upstairs.
“I’ll see ya in the morning,” Ky said as she gripped the banister.
“Yeah, thanks again.”
“You’re welcome, night,” she waved to him.
“Good night.” His eyes followed her as she went upstairs.
With a baffled expression on her face Ky stared at her bed. It had been stripped of its sheets and comforter. Marching towards Harrison’s room, she knocked on the door.
“Yes?” Anna opened the bedroom door an enough to let her face show.
“What the hell did you do to my bed? My pillow and my body pillow are the only things left,” she asked.
“I did your laundry for you.”
“I washed my sheets last week!”
“Ok I’m lying, I hid them.”
“You hid my sheets?! Let me in!”
“No!”
“Why?!”
“Because for a little Cambodian girl you’re very strong!”
“Just open the door,” Ky pushed her way into the room.
“See! Where the hell does that strength come from?”
“Forget about it! I’m sleeping in here tonight.”
“There’s not enough space,” Anna lied.
“It’s a king size bed!”
“I know what you’re trying to do and it’s not going to work.”
“Fine. Don’t you need to get your pillows?”
“Nice try, but I know the minute I leave you’re going to lock me out.”
“You are just too quick for me. But you know what else you are?”
“What?”
“Extremely ticklish,” Anna said before tickling her friend’s midsection. Piercingly, Ky laughed.
“Stop, this isn’t fair!” Ky yelled out when she was in the hall.
“HA!” Anna slammed the door shut and locked it.
“You are such a b****!” Ky shouted.
“I will gladly accept your thank you in the morning,” Anna retorted.
Irately, Ky got her things and went downstairs. Nick sat up when she threw her pillows on the bed.
“What’s happening?” He asked.
“I have to sleep down here tonight because Anna thought it would be funny to strip my bed of everything and lock me out of Harrison’s room.”
“Oh.”
“So, it looks like we’re going to sleep in same bed tonight.”
“I could take the floor if you want.”
“No, you’re the guest that would be rude of me.”
“All right,” he moved over.
Placing her body pillow between them she said, “This is the chastity pillow, don’t even think about crossing it.” She tried to keep her composure when she noticed how little space was between them.
“That’s right, because I’m going to fondle you in your sleep,” his voice was cynical. “Ky, I would never try to do that to you.”
“I didn’t say that. It’s just I don’t know your sleeping behavior and I don’t want hands ending up where they’re not supposed to be. I tend to move around a lot in my sleep, so this isn’t all about you.”
“That sounds logical.”
She slid under the covers and rested her arm on the body pillow. An expected calm overcame them. Her close presence comforted him and vice versa. He brought his head down to his pillow and admired her.
“Ky?” He said.
“Yeah?”
“Since I’m the guest, can I make myself feel more comfortable?”
“Go ahead.”
He removed his shirt revealing to her his sculpted torso. An image from her dream came into her mind. Carefully, he positioned himself on his side.
“Do you always sleep shirtless?” She asked averting her eyes from his body.
“Actually, I sleep in the nude but I think that it would be awkward and indecent if I did that over here.”
“I understand and good choice,” she fought to keep her voice steady.
“Why does Anna wear that dog tag?”
“It has personal value to her. Nick?”
“Yeah?”
“I almost forgot to tell you, Harrison’s letting you make up your work.”
“I know, Anna told me during the dinner. I interviewed her too, she’s going to be the main focus of my article.”
“That’s good. Can I ask you something else?”
“Sure.”
“Won’t your parents be worried about you?” He didn’t respond immediately. “Nick?”
“They won’t. To be honest, I’m lucky if I see them once a week. They’re not around much, actually they’ve never really been there for me at all.”
“Oh..I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bring them up.”
“No, it’s ok. I’ve grown up with Joey, Banks and Felicia mostly, I’ve almost gotten used to it. But there are times when it gets to me. I can’t even remember the last time either of my parents went to one of my games.”
“I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be, you didn’t do anything wrong,” he was touched by her unnecessary apology.
“I know but it’s just sad.”
“It is but don’t take the blame for them. Sometimes, I just think that they had Joey and I just for show. Ya know, they have the perfect jobs, the perfect home, why not throw in a family while they’re at it.”
The angst in his voice pained her.
“How do you deal with it?”
“I try not to think about,” he sighed. “It’s weird, I have everything but not anybody to share it with. I just want to know what it’s like to have someone care about me no matter what. I just want that strong connection with someone that I genuinely feel for.”
“You’ve never felt that way before?”
“No, not until now,” he watched her with yearning eyes. Cautiously, he rested his arm next to hers on the pillow. This simple gesture paired with his lingering gaze exhilarated her. “Am I breaking the chastity pillow rule?”
Gently, she scoffed, “No, you’re on the line as long as you don’t cross it I’ll be fine.”
“I won’t,” he smiled at her.
“Good.”
“Ky, what happened between you and Chris?”
“What have you heard?”
“Many things, but this being high school it’s probably just all bulls***,” he shifted closer to body pillow.
“Can you just talk? When you’re not screwing it up by saying something stupid, your voice is pretty comforting.”
“Thank you. I’ll talk if you want me to. What do you want to know?”
“Tell me about your childhood, you and Joey. I bet you had some fun times there.”
“Believe me, there are.”
He told her several humorous stories of his childhood endeavors. Closely, she listened to him and absorbed every word. His unique styling of storytelling kept her fascinated and she struggled to keep her eyes open. Two hours passed before he noticed her weariness.
“You should go to sleep, Ky.”
“But you’re not finished.”
He whispered, “Just close your eyes and listen then.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, you need to sleep.”
Yawning, she said, “All right,” she closed her eyes. “Keep talking.”
A half an hour later she dozed off to the sound of his voice. The deep, rhythmic sound of her breathing cradled him into a deep slumber.

^_^ :D :lol: that deserves a big big big :love: :lol: Anna's great. I would love to have her for a best friend :lol: and Nick sleep in the nude! :lol: ^_^ too bad you didn't have him just completely strip all! :lol: and his voice lulls her to sleep :love: :love: , :love: * 10000!
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
^_^ :D :lol: that deserves a big big big :love: :lol: Anna's great. I would love to have her for a best friend :lol: and Nick sleep in the nude! :lol: ^_^ too bad you didn't have him just completely strip all! :lol: and his voice lulls her to sleep :love: :love: , :love: * 10000!
Nick with sleeping in the nude, you are so naughty LOL :lol:

he he. thankee for the update. i think nick is changing or its just thefact that he isnt aaround his friends. i know what friends can do to you when you are around them. they have this weird way of changing you but you are still kinda yourself.
ukaliaschick :scotsman:

sugababyboo said:
mystery_chick said:
^_^  :D  :lol: that deserves a big big big :love: :lol: Anna's great. I would love to have her for a best friend :lol: and Nick sleep in the nude! :lol: ^_^ too bad you didn't have him just completely strip all! :lol: and his voice lulls her to sleep :love: :love: , :love: * 10000!
Nick with sleeping in the nude, you are so naughty LOL :lol:
:P i resent that :P

Back