Drama Desperate Housewives

Yup. interesting episode. I still wonder what's in the box and I still think it's a little girl's body. :mellow:
--Mandy :angelic:

I liked the episode, but I just do not care for the neighbor (forgot her name). I wish Susan and Mike would just go out on a 'REAL' date already. And I don't think I can stand Edie. Cannot wait until next week!

sick sick Mandy :lol:

ETA: Oh and the look on Mike's face when Susan was like "Edie, take my ticket" was hialrious...he was just like :confused: :blink:

I'm happy taht Susan took care of the balckmailing thing though :D

mystery_chick said:
Yup. interesting episode. I still wonder what's in the box and I still think it's a little girl's body. :mellow:
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1040471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when they were listening to the tapes and mary alice was talkin bout that girl i was like omg its her dead baby comming back to haunt her!!!!!!!!!!!
i totally think that!!!!!!!!
but omg edie is such a sl**! and susan is soooooooo dumb
but omg the twins at schoool! they painted that poor little girl :rotflmao:
and the strip club! :rotflmao:
that was awsome!!!!!!!!!! i just loved that scene

i didn't even think that it could be a little girl's body!!!!! :eek: whoa! i'm so lost :lol:
the strip club scene was sooo funny :lol: Bree is sooo funny
and i love how gabrielle made the maid dust with a sock :lol:

Despite airing opposite baseball, ABC blockbuster Desperate Housewives remained just that with a 13.3/19 in households (#2), 21.87 million viewers (#2) and a first-place (and series-high) 9.7/22 among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. Comparably, that was an increase of 55 percent in households, 7.24 million viewers and 54 percent over still potent lead-in, Extreme Makeover Home Edition (HH: #3, 8.6/13; Viewers: #3, 14.63 million; A18-49: #2, 6.3/15 at 8 p.m.). Although no one expects lead-out Boston Legal to completely hold the Desperate Housewives audience, erosion of 44 percent in households, 10.59 million viewers and 51 percent among adults 18-49 for the new David E. Kelley drama (HH: #3, 7.4/12; Viewers: #3, 11.28 million; A18-49: #2, 4.8/11 at 10 p.m.) is concerning

WOW ... 21.87 million viewers ... :thud:

yep, this show is awesome ... Gabrielle is such a sl** and she knows how to hide the affair ... :lol:

Bree is plain wonderful ... and that strip club scene was done brilliantly ... (y)

Susan shouls kick Edie's butt anytime ...

Great episode last night! I loved how susan and her daughter stole the measuring cup back. :lol: And Bree in the strip club was the best! :laughbounce:

Yeah, that stealing the measuring cup scene was done well ... ;)

I was just reading on Yahoo! and I got this ... on Kristen's chat:

Loud Lives of Desperation:
She dances. She jumps. She squeals. She's the cutest damn thing I think I've ever laid my eyes on (though for the record, my preferences are still more toward Michael Vartan than Michael Michele). I'm talking about Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives' Gabrielle), who, I'm convinced, is the most adorable new star of the season.

Earlier this week, I had the divine pleasure of visiting the set of this show I so adore, and one word sums up the day: giddy. The cast and crew were delirious from the big ratings and the overwhelmingly positive buzz and press melee, including the aforementioned Eva, who's so tiny you want to put her in your pocket for safekeeping.

"Yes, my character is an ex-runway model," Eva says, while standing on a box for a People magazine cover shoot. "Isn't that funny? All five-feet-two of me!"

You know I can't help but milk the cast for secrets, which you can see some of right here from Monday's E! News Live. But I have more juice to spill on what's coming up on the show:
only click if you can handle it ... these are real spoilers guys ... so, if you don't want to know ... DO NOT CLICK ;)

• Someone's getting arrested--and it's not who you think.
• The gardener's mom will find out about the affair--but it's not who she thinks.
• Susan is going to find Mike's concealed weapon--and sadly, it's less sexual than you think.
• There's more than a body in that chest--and it's more sparkly than you think.
• And the big under-the-pool secret has to do with a 25-year-old woman named Dana--and it's darker than you think.

Can't wait for next week's episode ... :woot:

Yeah, they are ... ;)

#6 show for this week ... ;) due to the Baseball Season ...

While it can be argued Fox's big numbers are due to national interest in the heretofore cursed Boston ballclub, and not in ads for House, it should be pointed out that even a broadcast (Thursday's National League Championship Series Game 7) lacking Pedro Martinez's Whoopi Goldberg 'do and Curt Schilling's bloody ankle played to a packed, well, house (seventh place, 19.8 million).

The Thursday game was so strong, it helped kick NBC's Joey out of the top 20, down to 28th (11.7 million). Time-slot companion Will & Grace fared even worse--33rd place (11 million).

Ads for House resume Tuesday night when the Red Sox face the Cardinals in Game 3 of the World Series.

Elsewhere:

Ratings for The Apprentice 2 (21st place, 14.6 million) "jumped 44 percent above its lead-in"--NBC's polite way of saying Will & Grace's numbers sort of sucked.
Is NBC's ER (16th place, 16.1 million) disappearing Without a Trace (10th place, 18.5 million)? Not quite, but its audience is shrinking opposite the CBS missing-persons drama.

Viewers voted to let Olivia d'Abo's psycho killer live on NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent--an interactive stunt that netted average results (25th place, 12.4 million).

Its Must-See Thursday lineup rendered optional viewing and its Law & Order franchise stagnated, NBC was left to boast about the premiere of The Biggest Loser (38th place, 9.9 million), the week's top-rated show about the morbidly obese--CBS sitcoms excluded.

NBC's The West Wing began the second half of its second term (i.e., season six) before 12.3 million diehard Bartlet supporters (26th place), and one played-out Bachelor on ABC (49th place, 8.4 million).

Baseball action beat up on Monday Night Football, dropping the potentially cable-bound ABC franchise to 29th place (11.5 million).

The sophomore slump of CBS' Joan of Arcadia continued--60th place (7.5 million).

NBC's LAX floundered in 71st place (6.1 million) prior to deplaning for its new
Wednesday time slot starting this week.

UPN's America's Next Top Model 3 found its catwalk stride with a season-high 5.1 million viewers (78th place).

The air remained thin for the WB's The Mountain--108th place (2.1 million).

Overall, baseball helped Fox score with viewers, young and oldish. The network averaged 22 million for the week ended Sunday.

CBS, led by CSI (second place, 26.5 million), took second in viewers (11.9 million) and the 18-to-49-year-old demographic.

NBC, its ratings down 9 percent this fall, took third in both categories, averaging 9.6 million viewers.

Despite hit performances from Desperate Housewives (sixth place, 21.5 million), Lost (13th place, 16.8 million) and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (19th place, 15 million), ABC could finish no better than fourth (8.9 million). Why? Less Than Perfect (73rd place, 5.8 million) performances from its Friday night comedies, its Thursday night whatevers and its just-ended-and-not-a-moment-too-soon The Benefactor (90th place, 3.9 million).

The UPN edged the WB, 3.8 million to 3.6 million.

Here's a rundown of the 10 most watched prime-time shows for the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen Media Research:

1. American League Championship Series Game 7, Fox, 31.5 million
2. CSI, CBS, 26.5 million
3. World Series Game 2, Fox, 25.5 million
4. American League Championship Series Game 6, Fox, 25.1 million
5. World Series Game 1, Fox, 23.2 million
6. Desperate Housewives, ABC, 21.5 million
7. National League Championship Series Game 7, Fox, 19.808 million
8. CSI: Miami, CBS, 19.807 million
9. Survivor: Vanuatu, CBS, 19.2 million
10. Without a Trace, CBS, 18.5 million

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>'Housewives' Thriving with Truthful Portraits</span>

ABC's white-hot "Desperate Housewives" has been deservedly praised as a worthy successor to "Sex and the City" for the way it presents a view of modern American womanhood through the prism of four different archetypes.

There's Lynette (Felicity Huffman), the corporate career woman-turned-mom (times four) who still pines for the business section of the newspaper; Susan (Terry Hatcher), the wife and mother who never lost her figure but still lost her husband to a younger woman after 14 years of marriage; Gabrielle (Eva Longoria), the model who chucked the glamour of the catwalk and photo shoots for a rich husband and big house in the suburbs; and Bree (Marcia Cross), the happy homemaker with a pasted-on smile whose life is crumbling inside her spotless house.

But in many ways, "Housewives" is just as much a dissection of the state of marriage in a stressed-out age, and the warts-and-all portrait it paints is richly textured. None of the characters and none of the relationships, even the legally divorced ones, is totally fabulous or entirely horrible. The zeitgeist-capturing writing on "Housewives" was demonstrated nicely in the dinner-party scene in the Oct. 17 episode, "Pretty Little Picture." 

It's a scene that will be remembered for some time to come for the line, "Rex cries when he ejaculates," delivered with daggers by Bree to her table of guests. But the real power of the moment derives from how well the writer of the episode, Oliver Goldstick, and director Arlene Sanford set the stage of Bree's moment of vindictiveness toward her husband by sketching out in the preceding 30 minutes just how she and Rex got to that point.

The drama in "Housewives," which owes more than a little of its look and feel to 1999's Oscar-winning saga "American Beauty," turns gracefully on a dime thanks in large part to its talented ensemble cast. And that cast is to be commended for being brave enough to lay off the soft focus and pancake makeup. When Susan and Lynette are having bad days, their faces look appropriately haggard. That's a refreshing change from many of the hard-as-steel superwomen found in primetime these days.

Aside from all of the heavy-duty character stuff at work in "Housewives," a key reason why the show has hooked 20 million-odd fans in such a short time is the mystery surrounding the suicide (or was it murder?) of the Mary Alice character, who narrates the show from her omniscient perch. "Housewives" creator Marc Cherry and his team have so far been expert at dropping in just enough clues and hints in each episode to keep viewers guessing -- and coming back on Sunday nights for more.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

This is a great way of explaining why the show is a hit ... ;)

Found this @ gay.com ... its so fun to read ... ;)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Gaywatch: Sex and the suburbs</span>
by Christine Champagne

Despite the fact that I am a TV critic by trade, like other TV watchers (well, perhaps the more disturbed ones) I form strong bonds with the characters on my favorite shows. I actually cried after watching the "Sex and the City" series finale because I felt like I was losing four of my best TV friends ever.

I never thought I could replace those girls. You just don't find a lot of cool women on TV. But I am happy to report that just weeks after "Sex and the City" went off the air, I now find myself spending Sunday nights with four equally fabulous new girlfriends. Their names are Susan, Lynette, Bree and Gabrielle, and they're on "Desperate Housewives."

Created and executive produced by Marc Cherry (who wrote for "The Golden Girls" and executive produced "Some of My Best Friends," which cast Jason Bateman as a gay New Yorker), "Desperate Housewives" is a deliriously campy new prime-time soap with a dark edge. Think "Melrose Place" meets "Twin Peaks."

As for the ladies of "Desperate Housewives," Susan (Teri Hatcher) is a lonely and somewhat bitter divorcee raising her teenage daughter; Lynette (Felicity Huffman) regretfully gave up a career to raise a brood of rambunctious boys with little help from her husband (Doug Savant, who played openly gay Matt on "Melrose Place"); Bree (Marcia Cross) is a homemaker whose perfectionism drives her family crazy; and Gabrielle (Eva Longoria) is a former model who married for money and sleeps with her hunky teenage lawn boy for kicks.

To be honest, at first I wasn't sure how much I would have in common with these women -- mostly because they live in the suburbs, and I fled the suburbs to live in New York City as soon as I graduated from college. To me, suburban life has always meant boring.

But Susan, Lynette, Bree and Gabrielle have shown me that life on a tree-lined street doesn't have to be dull at all. In fact, in the first episode alone, their friend Mary Alice (Brenda Strong) blew her brains out; Susan accidentally burned down her neighbor Edie's (Nicolette Sheridan) house; Bree nearly killed her husband; and Gabrielle's husband almost caught on to her affair. If only my life were that exciting!

I quickly found myself bonding with the four women and getting wrapped up in their insanely twisted suburban lives. But I worried that our friendship would be short-lived. I knew that fellow gay TV viewers would love "Desperate Housewives" at first sight; however, I wasn't so sure that mainstream America would catch on to this unusual series right away, and I was afraid that ABC would yank it off the air before it had a chance to win over viewers.

Thankfully, my fears were unfounded. The show was a hit out of the gate: The season premiere drew 21.3 million viewers, and ABC just announced that it has picked up the series for the full season.

While I will always miss Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte and still catch up with them from time to time during those "Sex and the City" reruns on TBS, I am glad to have new TV gal pals as wild and crazy as Susan, Lynette, Bree and Gabrielle.

If you haven't gotten to know them yet, tune in to "Desperate Housewives" on ABC Sunday nights. (Check local listings for times.)