Destined

Cai

Cadet
:thinking:

Okay. This is scary... I've only ever written like 3 fics? They're all posted at allies... But I've never posted in a forum before. I don't know why I'm doing it now... But I guess I'll give it a shot...

And I know it's kinda... felgercarb. And weird. Really weird. So tell me if you don't like!

*runs and hides*

Cai
x

---

Hop. Hop. Hop. Bend over. Pick up stone. Turn around. Hop. Hop. Hop.

Five year old Michael Vaughn watched the young girl from a distance, his curious green eyes hypnotised by her bouncing pigtails as she hopped. She was unaware of his gaze, as the five year old threw the stone again, and continued her game of hopscotch.

Hop. Hop. Hop.

Michael continued watching in a trance, mesmerised by her steady hopping. He stood on the other side of the playground, unaware of the pudgy hand waving in front of his face, trying to get his attention. It was the hopping, and the way her pigtails bounced around her shoulders as she hopped along, that had captured his attention in the first place. He had found himself gazing up at this girl when he had come this way to fetch the football that had gone astray, and was unsure of how long he'd been standing there, just watching her. She was... Pretty.

"Hello? Hello? Mike?" Eric Weiss, his best friend, stood before him, irritably snapping his fingers in front of his face, and snapping Michael out of his momentary trance. "Anyone in there?"

Michael shook his head, trying to rid his mind of all thoughts of her. "Sorry... I just got..."

"Sidetracked? Yeah, well lunch is almost over, so hurry up, we gotta finish the game."

His friend turned, and jogged back to the game. Glancing one last time at her, he reluctantly followed, and joined the game once again...

The bell soon rang, signalling the end of their lunchtime. Around the playground, the sound of feet scraping against gravel was heard, as the children slowly made their way back to their classrooms. Walking aside his friends, he was oblivious to their excited chatter as they talked about what they were doing that afternoon after school. He was preoccupied, as his gaze landed upon the girl again. Although the bell had rung, she was sitting on the concrete, clutching at her knee, whimpering softly. She looked like she was hurt.

He jogged to catch up with his friends again, and told them he'd meet them at class. They barely took any notice of him though, and continued making their way back to the classroom. Michael turned, and made his way towards her. As he neared, she looked up, having heard the scuffle of his shoes on the gravel. Her eyes glistened from the recently shed tears, and her cheeks were tear stained. Curiously, he knelt down beside her, and her whimpering subsided to a quiet sniffle. She looked up at him, her eyes pained, yet questioning his presence.

"Hey," he smiled in an effort to get her to smile. "You okay?"

He received no response however, and she continued gazing at him intently with big, brown, doe-like eyes.

"I'm... I'm Michael. What's your name?"

"Sydney," the girl whispered, her voice barely audible.

"Are you okay, Sydney?"

"I'm... I'm okay. But it hurts." Sydney whimpered softly from the sting as she withdrew her hands that were clutching her grazed knee. "It really, really hurts."

"Come on, Syd," he gestured, standing up and offering a hand to help support her as she stood up. "I'll take you to the nurse's office."

With one hand around her waist, he placed her arm on his shoulder to support her weight. "Can you walk?"

"Yes." She whispered.

And together, they made their way to the nurse's office slowly. As she limped along beside him, Michael couldn't help but grin. She really was pretty.

He helped her up the few stairs of the nurse's office, and waited patiently outside as the school nurse tended to her grazed knee. The walls were thin, and he could hear her sharp gasp as the nurse applied the disinfectant, and her soft whimpers as it began to sting. After a few moments, she limped out again, a Bananas in Pyjamas bandaid on her knee. He helped her down the stairs again, and they stood in an uncomfortable silence outside.

"So..." He begun, looking around, and noting that everyone had gone to class already. "Will you be okay to get back to class? I could walk you there if—"

He stopped mid-sentence, as Sydney leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you." She mumbled in her sweet singsong voice timidly, avoiding his gaze, and instead, focusing on her shoe. "Thank you for everything, but I'll be okay for now."

He smiled, and watched her limp off, before making his own way to class hurriedly, as he was already a few minutes late to class already. Dashing into class, he sighed with relief as he realised the teacher was late too. A moment after he took his seat, the teacher walked in, and the class fell silent almost immediately. A while later though, Eric, who sat beside him, poked him in the ribs.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing." He smiled.

cai, you have three fic? god now i have to go read them all! hehe you don't have to add me to your PM list but you can if you like although that would be totally pointless.

this is too cute for words and i love it!!

update at allies!
and here, also. lol but i want the next chapter!! i like purple crayons!! they're cool! and so are t-rexes.

lol!!

can i reply to your emails tomorrow? or like next weekend since STUPID SCHOOL IS STARTING? just that i have to go to allies to read your fics..
sorry..

I'm not exactly sure how PM's work... :confused: So forgive me if I screw it up... But yeah... New chap, hope you like. :thinking:

-----

Her brow was furrowed, and she appeared to be in deep concentration, he just didn't know what over. For the last two days since he'd helped her after the hopscotch incident, he couldn't stop thinking about her. Something about her made him feel lightheaded, unlike anything he's ever felt in the short life he's lived so far. Ever since he'd taken notice of her, he wasn't able to take his eyes off her, it was like some sort of... Connection. It felt like a connection between the two, a connection so strong he couldn't simply ignore... It was strange.

He approached slowly, almost wanting to turn and walk in the opposite direction, but he felt the urge to help her, to see what was wrong.

"Something wrong?"

A tear fell from her eyes, slowly trickling down her cheek and landing silently on the pavement. Sydney didn't speak a word, only steadily kept her gaze on her shoe. Dropping his schoolbag on the pavement, he knelt down and tried again.

"Syd?"

She sniffed, and looked up this time, but spoke no words. He chose not to pressure her though, deciding that maybe she just needed space.

After a minute or two, she spoke. "My shoelaces. I can't..." she whispered, keeping her head down, as if she were ashamed.

"I'll help you..." Michael began, but was cut short when she snapped at him.

"NO!" She begun to stand, but he grabbed her wrist, insisting she stay for a while. She was stubborn though, and didn't give in easily. Looks sure did deceive, because as tiny as she was, as adorably cute as she was with her little plaits and her warm, brown eyes, she managed to pry her wrist away from his grip. And as fast as her tiny legs could carry her, she was off, tearing across the playground in a blur. Stunned at her strength, he stood up from where he was kneeling, and took after her.

It didn't take him long to find her, after all, he <i>was</i> a pro at Hide and Seek. Sydney was behind one of the buildings located near the edge of the school grounds, a place that was well hidden from where the rest of the children were. She seemed oblivious to his presence though, her head buried in her arms as she crouched down against the brick wall. He could hear her faint sobs as he approached, and stood watching her. After a moment though, she spoke in a low whisper, suprising him out of his daydream.

"My mummy... She was... She was teaching me to tie my shoelaces before..." She paused, took a deep breath, and continued, although her voice was a bit shaky. "Before she went to heaven. And she had a special way of tying them. But... But I can't remember anymore. And it's all my fault, it's all my fault. She said... She said she'll keep teaching me until I learn. But she never did. She left me. Left me and daddy all alone. I just... I miss her."

Tears welled up in her saddened eyes, threatening to consume her once again. He looked at her with great sympathy, having experienced what she was going through himself.

"My daddy died too."

She looked up in surprise at his blunt words. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I know how it feels to lose someone you love very muchlies." He smiled. "So do you want me to teach you how to tie your shoes?"

Sydney shook her head sadly, and once again avoided his eyes.

"Well... You can have my shoe if you want."

Instantly, her eyes looked up at him in surprise.

"What?"

"They’re Velcro." He stuck out his foot to show her. "See? No laces."

"Okay," she giggled in a girlish voice, and pulled off her own shoe, the one that was untied. "Trade?"

To everyone who reviewed... Thank you!! *hugs*

PM List—

Hired-Goon
syd26
sexcivaughan14
Sydney Bristow 2300844
Spy_Love

-----

Chapter Three

-----

"You can be..." She paused for a moment to think. "You can be the princess."

"What?!"

"The princess."

Michael looked at her in horror. The princess? She wanted him to be the princess?

"I'm not going to be the princess! I wanna be the knight... Why don't you be the princess?"

"Because..." She paused again to think of an answer. "Because I wanna be the knight."

"So what am I gonna be? I wanted to be the princess," whined Eric.

"You can be the dragon then," Sydney replied, knowing that he'd be satisfied to be the dragon, even if he never got to be the princess. Eric stopped chewing, his doughnut raised half way to his mouth for another bite, and thought about it.

"Hmm... A girl dragon, or a boy dragon?" He asked as he contemplated being the dragon.

"Um... A boy dragon."

"Hmm... I guess that's better than being a princess."

"Hey!" Michael glared at his friend, who was still stuffing his face with that doughnut. "Why can't I be the dragon and Eric be the princess, Syd?"

"Well, because you're prettier of course." She stated matter-of-factly. "And everyone knows the princess is always pretty... Now come on, I have to save you from this doughnut-eating dragon soon."

The two friends followed behind the small girl, as she led them across the playground. Michael sighed. The things he would do for her. And what made it worse was that she <i>knew</i> that she had a special power over him, and that was why he had to be the princess. For her. And though in the fairy tales, the handsome knight was to save the *female* princess from the fire-breathing dragon, she still insisted that he was as pretty as a princess was, and that he would do.

"Okay, this'll do." She finally decided on a spot towards the back of the playground, where there were plenty of trees around to provide shade, as well as the eerie forest-ish look of her fairytale. "Mike, you can sit up there, and wait for me to rescue you."

He grudgingly trudged up the small hill and sat down, waiting for his knight to rescue him. He looked up to where Syd and Eric were standing a few metres away.

"A dragon's like... A dinosaur. Only it breathes fire." She explained to Eric, who looked confused.

"Okay." He nodded. "So all I gotta do is walk around and breathe fire?"

"Yep."

"Easy peasy. I can do that." Eric boasted, as he begun to stalk around like what looked like a chicken to Michael. He knew he could've played the dragon so much better than Eric could. At least he wouldn't be eating while being the dragon anyway.

Sydney wandered off, and a moment later, returned with a branch, almost as tall as she was. Swinging her left leg over it, she galloped towards Eric, with another stick held in her hand.

Eric, mouth filled with doughnut, opened his mouth and to roar. Instead a burp came out, startling both Sydney and Michael.

"Um… Sorry."

Meanwhile, Michael took it as his cue to act as a princess. Waving his arms about frantically, he called out to the brave knight to save him. Sydney, who had for a moment forgotten about their little game, sprung back into action and bounded across to rescue Michael on her horse. As she passed Eric the dragon, she prodded him with the stick she held in her hand, and he faked a fall backwards, as if he had been slayed. And as any brave gallant knight would, she rescued the princess.

"See, I told you you’d be a good princess." Sydney commented after their little game. "Next time, you can be the princess again."

OMG is that cute!
Can I please get a PM?
I will give you a lollipop when you do that and a ballon when you update! :P
Okay?

Muse

OMV!!!! :eek: This is so cute!!! :love: ^_^
I couldn't stop laughing, that was so funny!!! 😆
Can't wait for more!!!!! :Please:

MJ :P :angelnot: :hug: 🏒 :jump: ^_^

Back