Politics Do you believe in god?

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
I do believe in God. However, just to get technical (sorry, I can't help it), even Satan "believes" in God. It's not all about believing. It's about relationship, and understanding, and salvation. But, yes, I definitely believe in the Holy, Living, Awesome God and He is my Lord, Savior, Redeemer and Friend. :D

newyorkaise said:
OMG I saw something like this on 20/20 or Dateline or some type of show like that! It was about this little boy that kept telling his parents whenever he saw planes he used to drive planes like that and that he died in a plane crash.  After a lot of research, the parents connected this to an American pilot who had died in WWII.  They even  met the sister of the dead guy and the little boy kept telling stuff about his past life that only the dead guy would have known so that the parents became convinced their son had been that pilot in a past life and had come back to Earth.

This totally freaks me out! Of cours skeptics kept saying that the little boy must have learned about all this somewhere but the parents never talked about WWII with their son, he just started saying stuff like this on his own.

I can't think of any other reason for this except that the guy who died in WWII hadn't finished his job on earth and came back to finish it.

Otherwise, yes I do believe in God.  I have seen things that simply can't be explained and the only reason I can think of it is that God was there at the time.  I did go through a period of non-belief but I realized it's not God's fault that bad things happen. He gave people free will, the right to choose to be good or evil.  If he hadn't given us free will, we would all be serving a God not by CHOICE but by FORCE and being FORCED to be good to do his will.  Now I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd rather choose to do things, not have someone else telling me what to do.
[post="999407"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I saw that on 20/20 too ^_^

But exactly, you can't blame god or anyone/anything for the bad things that do happen.

But I don't believe in the "good/evil" thing. Because no one is either. Everyone does bad things and everyone makes mistakes, but it doesn't make them "evil". But I don't believe that god gave us free will, because even if there wasn't a god, we'd still have free will. God didn't give us that.

i wanna come back as a squirel biggrin.gif
I think humans come back as humans and animals come back as animals.

I'm religious in a way, i don't go to church or anything, but i believe in God and an afterlife. I wear a cross, i pray sometimes, mostly when i or my family is going through a ruff time. I lost my Grandma three days before my birthday and i think i became more religious because of it. My Grandma was an amazing person, she was an angel on earth and i know she's watching over my family and i.

Yep, I do. I'm catholic and I'm pretty religious. I don't think I ever take the cross off of my neck and I go to church as often as I can. When I was in high school, I led our basketball team prayer before our games. I even had to do it when we were on camera once, it was a lot of pressure.

That 20/20 things pretty i dunno how to say it....its scary but.....

anyways.....

i lost my grandma this past august, a month before my birthday. she was so extrememly religious.

And this is my lil belief:

why do good ppl always die?

b/c (once again, my belief) whenever god decides to start the earth new again, the people left here will either A)- believe in him and be saved or B- They'll be left to suffer.

I also believe that when ppl go through a near death expierience, that they see a glimpse of heaven and have to choose weather to live or die.

VaughnFan13 said:
Well, I'm agnostic, but I think reincarnation & karma sort of make sense.
[post="999579"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Here here! I believe in reincarnation and not Heaven, and there is a different punishment for missdoings in past lives. That reason would also tie in with my Karma theory ;)

Also to whoever said they don't believe in God because of your healthy grandpa or something like that, it was just his time. I don't believe in God for similar reasons but not because of that kind of death. I believe in no God for the way our world is today. Guns not used for protection, mostly murder, wars, etc. But it sounds stupid but if God meant for Earth to be good since he is a holy being...why did our world turn out so bad. Yes people made guns, but if God was real...God made the people and the materials and people to make the guns :lol:

No. It's not logical to me, and I'm the type of person who likes proof. I really don't think there's some guy who created everyone and everything.

I'm an atheist, although I have to go to the religion lessons at my school, cause it's a catholic school. But I didn't go to that school, because it's catholic, I decided to go there, because the other schools here really suck :smiley:
I 'm someone who needs proof to believe in something, which isn't given here, so I don't believe that there's a god or a higher power whcih leads us or anything. Science is much more logical to me.
But I accept all the people who believe in god, because it's their opinion.

Well...I don't believe in God. I just can't. i like facts. I think if there was God there wouldn't be so many bad things happening in the World. Noone in my family believes in God except my grandma.

I don't believe in God. It's just not logical to believe in God when there's so much bad happening in the world. I have lots of friends who believe in God and it's fine by me, everyone can believe in what they want.

Well, my parents don't believe in god either, and I don't really know about my grandfathers and one of my grandmothers,because I think they go to church to meet people and because they're used to it, but not really because they believe in god :confused: . But one of my grandmothers definitly believes in god. My other one is old fashioned, and often says we shouldn't work on sunday or something like that, but she never talks about god himself or so. Kind of confusing if I think about that :lol:

No.

But I think that this poll's results are very intriging...at school, in RE, we were asked to put our hands up if we don't believe in a god...only two other people and I put there hands up. Though if it was anonymous, I think a lot more people would have.

Jai

aliascazUK said:
No but i do believe that there is some kind of higher being there has to be but im not sure if God is it...
[post="1008523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think if people thought about it they would be closer to believing that. Everybody is caught up with the Sunday school version of God... a fat guy with a white beard and everyone has an angel on their shoulder. My idea of God is bigger than any of that. He-she-it doesn't know humans exists or even cares. The universe is unthinkably huge and we are nothing in it. The universe started somehow... call it God's creation... but after that we were on our own. Humans deserve to exist and why not, but if a rock came out of the sky and squashed us flat, the universe and any Supreme Being wouldn't miss us because that's just the way it is. No point in killing each other to get noticed, know what I mean?

Back