Votes: 0 0.0%
  • non of the above

• not religish

• dont believe in god

• Total voters
I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God. I always think about if i'm afraid or worried or relieved or stressed, I always say, as part of a natural reaction...'thank God' or 'help me God' or 'please God'. I think everyone deep down believes, or hopes, there's a God.

What I don't believe in is the concept or organised religion, of preaching ways & values on society. Done wrong, it causes wars & ignorance that is the major factor in how the world of today is descending into chaos. I fear religion, however good it's motives, may end up causing the end of everything.

Wow, am I being controversial or what?!... :angelic:

AJB said:
I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God. I always think about if i'm afraid or worried or relieved or stressed, I always say, as part of a natural reaction...'thank God' or 'help me God' or 'please God'. I think everyone deep down believes, or hopes, there's a God.

What I don't believe in is the concept or organised religion, of preaching ways & values on society. Done wrong, it causes wars & ignorance that is the major factor in how the world of today is descending into chaos. I fear religion, however good it's motives, may end up causing the end of everything.

[post="1212656"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, yes, you are being controversial, but I know what you're getting at. :smiley:

I have seen first-hand the violence religious disputes causes in some parts of the world.

alias_luver said:
I'm exactly the same way.

I'm Christian. Catholic to be specific.  ^_^
[post="1237556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Everybody goes on about Catholics, but there are aspects of every religion people who follow them disagree with. I am a Catholic, and while I don't feel everything the Pope preaches is right, I'm not going to say I hate my religion.

All branches of Christianity at least in part focus on being kind to and helping others. Not all religions have provisions for that in their religious texts.

Not that I am saying I hate other religions, just that Christianity takes a beating when not all of it is bad. (Only Bush's version of it is. :angelic: )

i voted not religious simply because I'm not
but i AM hindu but don't really have beliefs if you know what i mean?

roman catholic
but here's the deal
there's nothing that infuriates me
more than trying to
rate
or place
one religion or
faith system above another
i don't buy it
we each choose our path
which is to be honored not
mocked or ridiculed...
so if you're wiccan
or unitarian
or hindu
or pagan
or zoroastrian
or greek orthodox
or atheist
or muslim
we're all equal in my book

mc

AJB said:

[post="1212656"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Can i just say a huge MY GOD (no pun intended) to everything you said? Cos dude? It is exactly how i feel. EXACTLY!

Its almost creepy.

eventhough I don't really agree with the "catholic church" as an institution or go to church i still concider myself bein' catholic...

Bein' gay myself I can't understand why it should be forbidden "because a 2000 year old book said it"... i don't really believe in things as the bible and stuff, it's written years and years after "jezus" is asumed to've died.. I don't know wether he really lived... maybe it's true, maybe it isn't... I guess we'll never know... But i'm brought up a christian and i think i'll stay that for the rest of my life...

the Catholic Curch really needs an update (homosexuality, abortion, condoms, ...)

I believe there's something out there (no, not aliens!) but i don't know what...

i'm not a firm christian but i do pray every night... i started doin' it when my grandfather died and it's just a habbit i guess, i say a prayer (Holly Mary or Our Father, are these correct english names? :confused: ) and ask things (good health, good exams, ...) ...

i think religion is something you should expierence yourself and not together with a bunch of people, it's personal in my opinion...

in closure, i think people who say "i'm an atheist" but still celebrate things like "Christmas" and "Easter" are hypocrits... why should you buy/get gifts to celebrate something you don't believe in? it sounds strange to me :thinking:

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Jun 14 2005, 04:45 PM']i think people who say "i'm an atheist" but still celebrate things like "Christmas" and "Easter" are hypocrits... why should you buy/get gifts to celebrate something you don't believe in? it sounds strange to me  :thinking:
[post="1380418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Our family doesn't celebrate easter at all.. and christmas: we don't celebrate it to remember Jesus' birth, we see christmas as a day to meet family and relatives and to give eachother presents to show we care for eachother.. Christams in our family has never been about Jesus.

I can see why you think it's hipocrit but lots of people celebrate christmas without even thinking why. I think the whole jesus-thing is a fairytale but I don't see why I can't celebrate christmas anyway?

I'm a Catholic.

And I wouldn't say celebrating Christmas if your not a Christian is wrong, because the idea of a celebration at Christmas time pre-dates Christianity, and it is a cultural event, like Isabella said.

I'm not a Muslim but I give my Muslim friends presents at Eid/

And I must just add I've always found Witness' very polite and they have no problem if you explain you don't believe or already have a faith.

People celebrate Halloween without realising it is actually a Pagan celebration originating in Ireland (not invented by America as a lot of people think).
Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day.... the list goes on.

Actually, on Valentine's Day this year there were riots in India because the Hindus were upset young people were celebrating something from another religion.

Most of these celebrations today are more about bringing friends and families together - and of course they are also about making money!

noggi16 said:
I'm a Catholic.

And I wouldn't say celebrating Christmas if your not a Christian is wrong, because the idea of a celebration at Christmas time pre-dates Christianity, and it is a cultural event, like Isabella said.

I'm not a Muslim but I give my Muslim friends presents at Eid/

And I must just add I've always found Witness' very polite and they have no problem if you explain you don't believe or already have a faith.
[post="1381198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

We finally agree about something ;)

Back