Season 4 Do you think it was a dream?

I'm 99%sure it's not a dream..that would just be too lame IMO.. no, there has to be some sort of explanation to all of this. but it can't be anything horribly wrong he's done, otherwise irina wouldn't have given him her blessing (as have been said many times).

but i must admit it seemed really weird that he just said that to her like that in the car..w/o any preparation at all...okay she had just suggested thay elope, so maybe he had to move up his timetable on when he was going to tell her. but still, you'd think that he'd at least pull the car over and prepere her a bit on what's to come and THEN tell her.

about sydney's hair: why wouldn't she fix herself up a bit if they're going on a vacation and have just decided that they're gonna get married..? and i think that it's normal (even for them) too be a bit mushy after what they had experienced in russia and after getting engaged.

and as for the going-back-to-the-two-years-missing-theory, i really hope that's not gonna happen... i just want to move on from that..

i'm unsure about the car-accident though... i mean nothing on alias seems to happen w/o a reason..but i don't know..

my guess is that one of them will be in a coma/at the hospital for at least the first couple of eps in season 5 and the other one will be relatively unharmed.. if jen's pregnant, it'd be easy for her to be the one who got badly injured.. but didn't the other car hit vaughn's side..?? he would be lying in hospital sydney not knowing what to believe and trying to find out the truth.

but i have faith that in the end they'll work things out. they always find eachother ;)
:stretcher:

I don't think it was a dream because noramlly in Alias when something is a dream you can tell, like when Syd was pulling that tube out of her scar, or when Vaughn started attacking the wall with the gold stars....you can just tell....and that loked pretty damn real to me!

Hi, I thought I'd put in my twupence worth on this.

I don't think it was a dream. I agree with those who say that that would be a cop out having the season cliffhanger turn out to be a dream.

In regard to the anomalies with the scene, I think that Syd's hair and the different style of the photography were there to indicate that some time (week's/months?) had passed since the events of the previous scenes. Also Vaughn (I think) said something to the effect that we should give up the idea of a big wedding. I got the impression from that, (I could be quite wrong) that preparations were already well advanced. If I'm right, this would also support the idea that time had passed.

The brightness and dreamlike style was also, I think, there to set up the idea that this was a happy scene, making Vaughn's revelation and the subsequent crash that much more shocking.

I think that Syd's happiness can be easily explained. She's saved the world, no other threats are on the horizon, her mother has proven to be "good", she has come to understand her father, her mother and father seem to have reached some sort of understanding, she has found some sort of closure with Arvin Sloane and she's on her way to a romatic interlude with the love of her life. It must be like a fairy tale to her!

In regard to Dixon and Nadia, I don't see a problem if time has passed, it is perfectly possible for both of them to be well on their way to recovering, especially in Aliasland when a man can be cured of fatal radiation poisoning in a matter of days!

As for Vaughn, I'm not panicing about having to call him something else next season. If he started his confession with his name, this is probably the most minor thing he has to confess since you tend to start small and work up to the biggest thing. I think it'll be something along the lines of my father was a KGB agent who defected to the US during the cold war so it's really Mickhail Vaugnovich or possibly, my father was a mafia boss, I anglicised my name from Vaugnelli to Vaughn when I went to college because I wanted to avoid the notoriety.

I really hope its not a dream... it would just seem like such a stupid way to resolve it.
but on the other hand if it was a dream, the Vaughn is Vaughn...

I dont think its a dream. That would just be too lame.

on the other hand, even if it would be the lamest thing in history, at least Vaughn would still be called Vaughn!!

Maybe his real name it Melissa Vaughn, and he was so embarassed he had to change it.....

Maybe that's the whole secret! :lol:

This show gotten pathic lately.
Slaone's the good guy with Vaughn being evil. The writers a reaching if
you ask me.

Honestly, I think the writers are reaching, also. They thought at first they were ending Alias this season, so they put S/V together then after the show was picked up for a fifth season, they changed the ending to break S/V up once again and make Vaughn a questionable character. This is definitely reaching! Why didn't Irina say something to Vaughn sooner? If this is something he did before meeting Syd, then Irina had to know much sooner, also. I have a feeling that JJ and company have no idea where they want to go with this and whatever they do is going to seem very contrived. I would rather the show to have ended on a high note this season than have another season like season 3! Just my feelings!

Jamison said:
I don't think a push-through guarentees anything :smiley:
It seemed like Vaughn's dream.  Sydney looked gorgeous, she was going on and on about how she loved him, he was driving a jaguar (which is a dream car for a lot of people), they were on a very deserted road, she suggested eloping (which could mean nothing, but c'mon usually the guy in the relationship wants that...not the girl).
[post="1359087"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think the fact that Sydney suggesting eloping makes it a dream, not all girls are totally caught up in weddings. Also, as many people have mentioned, look how long it took them to make it to SB, a wedding is practically impossible.

elizabeth318 said:
I don't think the fact that Sydney suggesting eloping makes it a dream, not all girls are totally caught up in weddings.  Also, as many people have mentioned, look how long it took them to make it to SB, a wedding is practically impossible.
[post="1364233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I pointed that out though. I said it didn't necessarily mean it was a dream...and even though not all girls are all about their weddings, a lot are...and stereotypically it's the guy who wants to elope. That's all I meant. A lot of guys, with the planning of weddings would love for their fiancees to suggest eloping...which may be a reason why this was a dream...but like I said, nothing in that scene was definite proof for either side ;)

I'm just keeping my options open. I can see both sides of the argument.

At this point -even though I started this topic for discusion- I'm leaning towards the "it's not a dream" camp. Because no matter what the heck is really going on, I feel fairly certain that the scene in question was filmed (and written) in such a way that we would be left to wonder... is it a dream? Or isn't it...

Which is why it is fun to try to figure out...

I still feel compelled to argue with the camp that believe it would be totally lame if it is a dream, because we don't know where they would go with it... depends on who is having the dream. Even if it is a dream, there is still a reveal involving Vaughn coming... Which still leaves the future of S/V and Alias up in the air. What would be so lame about that? If it is his dream, then everything he said might be true and he is just trying to figure out how to tell her. We would be, suddenly, inside the mind of Vaughn knowing things he hasn't told Sydney. I would be interested to see how that plays out. If it is her dream, then she is certainly having some sort of intuition that there is something he is not telling her... they live and work in and among the world of spies, is it any big surprise that she worries about these things? No, certainly not, given what she deal with every day. Either way, I would be interested to see how everything turns out.

That was a great analysis! You just explained why the scene was basically a throwaway if it was a dream because Vaughn's just going to have to repeat it (we still have Irina's accusation to explain). So hopefully it isn't a dream.

I'd hate it if it were a dream... but alas, there really isn't much to go on with those scenes. But the simple fact that the sequence has posed such mystery means it was a success in my books. But that is just me...

JJ married Vuaghan off to Lauren. THen JJ said over and over again that
Lauren was just a woman who loved her husband. He said we would like
Lauren. ... THen my Feb sweeps he made her evil and she had sex with
Sark.

All of this could be part of a dream. Vaughn could still be hiding something
BIG. Syd was having a nightmare because things were to good to be
true. Either way it should be interesting to say the least.

fearlesswe said:
JJ married Vuaghan off to Lauren. THen JJ said over and over again that
Lauren was just a woman who loved her husband. He said we would like
Lauren. ... THen my Feb sweeps he made her evil  and she had sex with
Sark.
[post="1365005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
While I don't think that Mr Abrams ever meant her to be "just a woman who loved her husband" (disinformation, anyone?), I truly think he hoped we would eventually fall in love with the character . . . but they didn't build her correctly and, unfortunately, few actresses can pull off what Lena Olin can. -_-

Oops, sorry, off-topic, please continue. I really don't think it will be a dream, don't worry too much about it. (y)

Back