Does Jack need to lighten up?

Does anyone else think that Jack could lighten up a little bit, like have fun and laugh and do something not work related?
Not that he's not a great character but I think he's a little to serious.

I think it would be nice to see Jack outside of the office having a life, basically. He should have friends that he can talk to. Everyone says Syd needs a life and friends, well, so does Jack.

Yes! He really should get a life and stop being so serious all the time. A good laugh wouldn't kill him..

Well, no, but it might be out of character. Remember, we're talking about a man who had to ask Devlin if they were friends. ;)
✌️

Well, if he can't have friends, we should at least see what the hell he does outside the office. Does he have a house or apartment? Neighbors? Does he go on his own ops., ext.

Sarkney_fan020 said:
Well, if he can't have friends, we should at least see what the hell he does outside the office. Does he have a house or apartment? Neighbors? Does he go on his own ops., ext.
[post="956735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Can't say I'd mind that! ^_^
✌️

it really would be nice to see what jack does for fun. what he does on weekends for example.
it´d be nice to see him getting home after a long day of work and just kicking off his shoes and taking off his coat, jacked and tie. maybe going to the kitchen and preparing himself something to eat. :rolleyes:

yeah i think it would be nice to see Jack outside the office, preparing himself a meal at home or something. i would love to see him smile more often.

but he's not an outgoing person, i don't seem him going out bowling or playing catch in the park... :lol:

i swear now i feel like you´re just making fun of him sarkney_fan020. :lol: :lol:

what about maybe not something that drastic like bowling or playing catch in the park but something more like just watching tv.

i´d still be a pretty big change from what we´ve seen of him so far.

luvspydaddy said:
what about maybe not something that drastic like bowling or playing catch in the park but something more like just watching tv.
[post="960195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I daresay it would be fascinating to watch him watch TV. :lol:
✌️

Yes, I would like to see Jack just going home and popping a tv dinner in the microwave. Like Sydney did, when Jack showed up with Chinese food. They could show Jack popping in a tv dinner, and then Syd or Dixon or whoever show up at his house to discuss an op.

I wasn't making fun of him with the bowling thing...I just think it would be a very un-Jack-like thing to do. It would be interesting to see him watch TV. Would he watch the news, another spy show :lol: , The Simpsons, political debates...

He's too caught up in work, but he has to go home sometime, and I'd like at least one or two non-work related Jack scenes next season. Home is where the heart is, after all! Well, maybe not for Jack....but still.

What about Jack going fishing for a weekend or just coming home, pouring himself a glass of Glenfiddich, popping some jazz or classical music into his CD player, and just kicking back.

Or maybe he's a "Three Stooges" fan! :lol:

Jack is now my favorite character. Sark used to be, but he got pushed down a spot on the 'ol list. I've found the light!

Verdantheart, your columns are great! You really know Jack's character inside and out, and you've thought of things I haven't. No Alias 'till January... :(

I second that opinion. Verdantheart, I too have enjoyed reading your columns on Jack. I love your insight into his character.

I just hope JJ will give us more insight and some more backstory on Jack.

verdantheart said:
I daresay it would be fascinating to watch him watch TV.  :lol:
✌️
[post="961042"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'd peg him as a Python fan, or possibly a MSTie. He's got that snarky, subversive sense of humour (even if we don't get to see it as much as we'd like)

Back