Does Jack need to lighten up?

I think a light-hearted Jack would be weird and out of place. I think he could stand to have a few light-hearted moments, but that's it. Frankly, I don't see how a character like Jack with his past will ever become light-hearted. Maybe if he becomes a grandfather. Hmmm. Grandpa Jack would be interesting to see.

The part of Jack's charm is that he has no sense of humor. I love his expressions to Marshall being Marshall. It makes Marshall that much better. Jack wouldn't be Jack unless he was too serious.

I definately see Jack watching the news or a documentary while warming a ready meal in the microwave. I don't see him as having any friends (other than Sloane) and thats more of an inverted commas relationship.

I think that the nearest he comes to normal human contact outside the office is a couple of whiskeys in a local bar.

Changing this would mean that Jack was not Jack any more!

Sloane Ranger said:
I definately see Jack watching the news or a documentary while warming a ready meal in the microwave. I don't see him as having any friends (other than Sloane) and thats more of an inverted commas relationship.

I think that the nearest he comes to normal human contact outside the office is a couple of whiskeys in a local bar.

Changing this would mean that Jack was not Jack any more!
[post="1240639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Haha! to Jack watching the news or a documentary. It just seems weird to think of him doing that. In my mind, he's always doing spy-related things. That guy hardly ever takes a break.

I love Jack the way he is.....He is so Jack! :cool: His character is superb as is his acting...and every now and then he does lighten up....like when he was giving Syd a hard time about missing the invite to the party this season. I do miss some of the lighter moments between the two of them. (n) Hopefully as the season goes on and more is revealed, Syd and her Dad will have a reconnection!

ConcreteGirl said:
The part of Jack's charm is that he has no sense of humor. 
[post="1236822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No sense of humor? Have you checked out the "Jack Quote" thread lately? :lol:

Back