EQ2

Jaraeth

Cadet
If anyone is playing EQ2, and on Mistmoore server, feel free to drop me a mail in game, or look me up.

I currently play three main characters:
Jasuuth: Lvl 20 Woodelf Monk
Jaraeth: Lvl 8 Half-Elf Fury
Slyceryn: Lvl 8 Iksar Shadow Knight

I'm an alt-a-holic, so I am contemplating another character B) But there is in game mail, and I do check it now and then.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by frostydf2@Jun 28 2006, 07:43 PM
EQ2 was fun, but I just got sick of wondering, 'why am i playing?'
Why were you playing? I know why I play now, and even without belonging to a guild in EQ2, I'm having fun at my own pace.

~ Jaraeth

I got bored of EQ2 primarily because I didn't have anyone to play with. The new, faster level grind is much better than the old system....but soloing wasn't all that fun.

I've played EQ just last month. Canceled subscription though, have to learn for all the exams in July. Maybe I'll be back after those are through.

Seemed very nice. So many quests, you can't even do them all in your level range. I tried out some characters, highest is lvl 20 conjuror. Too bad the classes aren't very balanced in solo play. Well, it is from level 1-20, beyond that I don't know.
Played on Antonia Bayle. The german localization is horrible so I switched to US servers. Half translated, half not. Sometimes english, sometimes german voice overs. Really disturbing.

EQ2 is the perfect step up from WoW if you consider leaving. Old School MMO but not so oversimplified.

My highest level is a level 20 Monk, which I've heard is the best solo class in the game. I got him to 20 a few days ago, and now working on a my Fury. The quests are good... I find myself out doing the quests and writs, and bashing a few mobs for the heck of it while I'm out and about. Since my level 20 is the highest, I shall see how the solo content is beyond that yet... since I'm more a solo'er than anything at this point in time.

I wish I had a guild... but those I've joined thus far are run by kids (no offense to the young'uns here) or are all about dedicated 3/4 your life, your first born and 1/2 your coin to their cause...

~ Jaraeth

Yah, a guild with a good balance is hard to find. So many are either 'extremists with no lives' powergaming style, or else have no cohesion or structure at all.

Originally posted by Jaraeth@Jul 1 2006, 03:55 PM
My highest level is a level 20 Monk, which I've heard is the best solo class in the game. I got him to 20 a few days ago, and now working on a my Fury. The quests are good... I find myself out doing the quests and writs, and bashing a few mobs for the heck of it while I'm out and about. Since my level 20 is the highest, I shall see how the solo content is beyond that yet... since I'm more a solo'er than anything at this point in time.

I wish I had a guild... but those I've joined thus far are run by kids (no offense to the young'uns here) or are all about dedicated 3/4 your life, your first born and 1/2 your coin to their cause...

~ Jaraeth
I'm thinking about creating a guild for HJ when it comes out that has no RP requirement (but it's encouraged), no time requirement, and no item requirement. Basically it's just people you sign on and have fun with; and since there will be level 20's grouping with level 1's, it will be possible for guildies to always group with guildies.

But shhh, don't tell anyone because if I don't do it I don't want to get lectured :smiley:

I was playing EQ2 for a while on Everfrost.
I just got really bored since I was mainly alone in the game. I have to have some kind of chatting every once in a while even if I do play at odd hours.

I got my Monk to... uh... erm... I don't really remember.
I did get into a couple groups but sadly it was standard EQ just like the old days.
  • Spend 30 minutes getting your people together
  • Spend 15 minutes trying to decide which quest or general activity you're all gonna do.
  • Spend another 10 minutes trying to find a replacement for the child that had a tantrum and left because we didn't want to do HIS quest.
  • Spend 5 minutes getting to the area for the quest.
  • Watch as another group or high level slaughters everything in the area.
  • Wait for respawn.
  • Begin attacking
  • Get group wiped
  • Watch group chat for everyone to suddenly have to go to bed or do homework or their Mom is calling them.
  • Stand around for 20 minutes is pure disgust and then try to do the quest alone.
  • Die
  • Run back to town to logout.
  • Notice all the people that mysteriously had to logout have gotten into another group and are doing something else.
:eek:

I just went back to EQ2 Friday as a matter of fact. I am on Nagafen I believe on e of the PvP servers and have only gotten to level 8 adventure and level 9 in crafting. My guild decided to start a chapter on there and since I was bored in WoW, I thought I would go back and see the changes and such.

after i got to level 50, the game changed so much, i played it before all the live updates made the gmae so different.

From release to first expansion the game totally transformed into something i couldnt play anymore.

~50 shadowknight
~44 Defiler
~39 Brigand
~23 Berserker
~36 Bruiser
~28 Necromancer
~32 Coercer

Alt o holic was an understatement...

I like that game so much when it first came out.. a shame what they did to it.

Word is the next expansion coming up is the Kunark one. Anyone interested? Having done EQ and loved Kunark, we're looking forward to seeing it.

We're still playing off and on. Antonia Bayle server of course.

I still haven't tried the Faydwer expansion, though once upon a time I had it's release date circled on my calendar :smiley:

I only played the RP server, Lucan first but switched to Antonia Bayle a few weeks after I started. Good game, adored the crafting. I quit when SOE nerfed it.

I haven't played in over a year, but I had a human paladin (Potar) on Antonia Bayle.

Funny, the first day Kunark was released was when I first played Everquest. I couldn't seem to play for any extended period of time, though, much like EQ2. Both games seemed to have everyone 'keep to themselves,' much more so in the sequel. :(2

Why do we keep playing?

We like the crafting, even with the nerfs it's still a decent system.

I'm addicted to harvesting. It's a thrill to spot that glowing shard but have to figure how to get to it and not die to the group of mobs ten lvls above me.

Dain has a thing for the Fae. *shrug*

Lots of roleplayers. Lots of non-roleplayers. Equals community. What can I say, I like to watch people.

We definitely do not keep playing for the AI or combat or lore. EQ2 is very lacking as a game, imo. But.... unlike many other games it does have a population still. Lotr, EQ2, WoW seem to be the only ones where you can see people constantly. Okay, not sure about WoW now days, heard it's having population problems.

Back