Everyone Hates Melissa

i can't believe that! that's really mean. i mean, i'm not a big lauren fan, but don't go dissing melissa. she's just playing the character, she isn't really lauren reed. as much as i'd like to see syd and vaughn together again and lauren just to continue being a baddie, i just don't think it's fair to melissa that people are dissing the character that she plays.

Don't feel bad for Melissa. I read an interview with her, and she is totally clueless that people hate her. I mean, she says that people on the streets come up and are friendly with her all the time! I dunno, she just doesn't seem to notice. it's actually quite funny. That sounds mean, i know. i didn't mean it that way though...

This honestly bothers me. If you hate Lauren, then good for you. Hell, if you have a reason to hat Melissa, then go ahead, but do NOT mix these two together. Do NOT use Melissa as a reason to hate Lauren, because in case you didn't notice, Lauren and Melissa are two different people.

i agree with what everyone is saying. i might not like lauren, but melissa is a great actress. i read an interview with her and she is very sweet.

i think the twist the show has taken is great. i would really love to see in the next episode or so, for the CIA to figure out that lauren is working with the covenant. i think it would be great to see her as a bad ass villan that syd and vaughn have to try and bring down. melissa has done martial arts in the past so i think she'd do a great job and i would love to see a fight scene between her and sydney. lauren is really smart too and having a super smart villan is always more interesting.

You can tell the bias by the criticisms of the accent when Melissa is not doing an accent for Alias. JJ told her just to use her normal accent which is a mix of the different countries she has lived in. Melissa can do good accents and has done so in other roles.

Another silly was saying Melissa was a bad actor for her chemistry with Vartan. If it was bad acting then that makes Vartan a bad actor as well as he showed no passion for Melissa’s character as well. The best conclusion is the lack of passion was deliberate and they were trying to show the characters had affection for each other but lacked sparks.

Now I actually like Lauren before she turned bad but can see why the character was hated. The character was inexperienced and too much by the book. Those were traits that could change over time for a character but it seams to me that many people have no appreciation for flawed charaters with silver linings. Of course this is sort of mute now that she is evil maybe.

Milferd said:
You can tell the bias by the criticisms of the accent when Melissa is not doing an accent for Alias. JJ told her just to use her normal accent which is a mix of the different countries she has lived in. Melissa can do good accents and has done so in other roles.

Another silly was saying Melissa was a bad actor for her chemistry with Vartan. If it was bad acting then that makes Vartan a bad actor as well as he showed no passion for Melissa’s character as well. The best conclusion is the lack of passion was deliberate and they were trying to show the characters had affection for each other but lacked sparks.

Now I actually like Lauren before she turned bad but can see why the character was hated. The character was inexperienced and too much by the book. Those were traits that could change over time for a character but it seams to me that many people have no appreciation for flawed charaters with silver linings. Of course this is sort of mute now that she is evil maybe.
*Appluaging loudly: (y)

I also like to point out how people have been attacking Melissa's acting and not Vartan's.......I have watched every episode of the show and just about every film he's been in.....he shows no emotion in his characters and appears very "dry" with his acting..........this man just shouldn't be an actor. (n)
But of course....since he is attractive to the shallow girls, he will still get roles.
Boo if you want, you know I'm right.

~~Spongy!

Whoa! That article was way harsh! I hate Lauren, too, but poor Melissa George! The article was kind of funny though pointing out her eyebrows (which are WAY out of control!) :D

I don't have a problem with her..I think she adds depth to the show and switches up the storyline a little bit. It isn't her fault that she took a part in which she is married to Vaughn, as an actress she does a respectable enough job and as a character she gets more complex with every episode. It's unfair to blame her for the way the writers potray her. Firing her would solve nothing as the writers would just write in somthing new to keep Vaughn and Sydney apart and keep it angsty.

nono said:
Am I the only one who like Melissa and Lauren??

Excuse my english but I am a young french girl.
I like them too :smiley:

Your English is very good.......you can speak more than one language which, is something that I can't do. :lol:

I see that this is your first post so welcome to AA. :welcome:

~~Spongy!

Jeez-- that is horrible! Melissa George does not equal Lauren Reed-- everyone needs to get that in their heads! Sure, I am not very fond of Lauren Reed, but Melissa George as an actress is pretty awesome-- I liked her in guest-staring roles in Friends and Monk. Jeez-- why are people so mean!!!!

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
nono said:

Your English is very good.......you can speak more than one language which, is something that I can't do. :lol:

~~Spongy!
No I like Melissa & Lauren too ;) Welcome nono :welcome:

To me I think it was & is very good to have Melissa on the show, it adds some really great conflict, which I love.
She's also a die-hard fan of alias, and she gets to be with all the guys you girls love the most.
So how many of you girls would love to play somebody married to vaughn and kissing Sark, and being evil all at the same time? She's living the fan girl's dream, I think.

HeeroYuy47 said:
nono said:

~~Spongy!
No I like Melissa & Lauren too ;) Welcome nono :welcome:

To me I think it was & is very good to have Melissa on the show, it adds some really great conflict, which I love.
She's also a die-hard fan of alias, and she gets to be with all the guys you girls love the most.
So how many of you girls would love to play somebody married to vaughn and kissing Sark, and being evil all at the same time? She's living the fan girl's dream, I think.
Thanks for your welcome post.

:( That's so MEAN! I LOVE MG, I think she's a very pretty person, I feel that she looks kinda bad in her alias promo pics, but if you go to her site and look at some of the pictures you'll find she's *gorgeous*.

Melissa, 27, got some idea of how deep the anti-Lauren feelings run when she was booed by fans at a convention in California in September.

That's HORRIBLE. Whoever did that exhibited such horrible fan etiquite. Every hated Riley on Buffy, Marc Blucas was NEVER booed, EVER. That's horrible. There's a certain amount of respect any human being deserves. Shame on all of them. That is disgusting. Do they have no feelings? That would never happen at a Buffy convention. That really makes me look down on the alias fandom, it really does. That's horrible. They should be happy that got to go to a convention at *all*.

My God.

That's so mean. I mean I hate Lauren but I have nothing against MG. I'm pretty sure that the character of Lauren was going to be despised no matter who played her so it has nothing to do with MG herself. Besides, she must be doing a really good job at it juding the way many people people really hate Lauren. I mean honestly, complaining about her accent??? That's her natural speaking voice!!!!!

I also like to point out how people have been attacking Melissa's acting and not Vartan's.......I have watched every episode of the show and just about every film he's been in.....he shows no emotion in his characters and appears very "dry" with his acting..........this man just shouldn't be an actor. (n)
But of course....since he is attractive to the shallow girls, he will still get roles.
You're not totally right, yet not totally wrong. He may have off times, but to say that he showed no emotion in The Flirting Corner scene is wrong. I don't know about most of you, but the intensity of that brought me to tears.

Drea said:
You're not totally right, yet not totally wrong. He may have off times, but to say that he showed no emotion in The Flirting Corner scene is wrong. I don't know about most of you, but the intensity of that brought me to tears.
I have seen some of his non-Alias works on TV.......like "Never Been Kissed" and that one with Madonna (forgot the name).

I actually was thinking to myself "Who's worse........him....or Madonna"?

I'm not trying to attack him.....he seems like a nice person.........but I study play write and direction, and he simply cannot act -_-

~~Spongy!

I have seen some of his non-Alias works on TV.......like "Never Been Kissed" and that one with Madonna (forgot the name).

I actually was thinking to myself "Who's worse........him....or Madonna"?

I'm not trying to attack him.....he seems like a nice person.........but I study play write and direction, and he simply cannot act -_-

~~Spongy!
While MV may not be the best actor he isn't the worst.

Back