Everyone Hates Melissa

I don't understand why MG is getting such a hard time! I think she is fantastic as Lauren because she is playing the character so well...and that's the way the character is written. Everyone should have faith that the writers know exactly what they are doing and if Syd and Vaughn were together all the time and 100% happy all the time the show would be incredibly boring. Who's life isn't complicated? I think everything about the show is just awesome and the complex stories and characters are what make the show what it is. MG and Lauren are both great and I think that it's really sad what people are saying about an actress who is just playing a part like everyone else is.

My problem is that MG's (Lauren) character/acting is not believable...the whole "evil act/innocent/double agent thing" sure a lot of people wanted her out b/c she broke S/V up. But we don't really expect things to runs smoothly...I mean its ALIAS it has to be complex.

I've never liked MG's acting, but I don't hate her. Like I said, its the acting...and maybe (like someone mentioned earlier) she was a bad move for the show...who knows...

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
My problem is that MG's (Lauren) character/acting is not believable...the whole "evil act/innocent/double agent thing" sure a lot of people wanted her out b/c she broke S/V up. But we don't really expect things to runs smoothly...I mean its ALIAS it has to be complex.

I've never liked MG's acting, but I don't hate her. Like I said, its the acting...and maybe (like someone mentioned earlier) she was a bad move for the show...who knows...
my point exactly ... ;)

~*~Tinker Belle~*~ said:
Don't feel bad for Melissa. I read an interview with her, and she is totally clueless that people hate her. I mean, she says that people on the streets come up and are friendly with her all the time! I dunno, she just doesn't seem to notice. it's actually quite funny. That sounds mean, i know. i didn't mean it that way though...
I'm quite sure Melissa knows what the fans are saying. I know that in the past she has visited some Alias message boards, as she mentioned them in an interview. She can't go around telling the press everybody hates her. Not only would that be bad for the show, but it is also really bad for her career. It's all about PR. The public doesn't get to see everything about everybody because the entertainment industry is all about making money. Melissa's job is to try and make more people like her.

personally, I think Melissa/Lauren is beautiful-wish I looked like her-and I love her voice. don't get me wrong, I totally think Lauren is annoying and she is stabbing Vaughn in the heart but come on, she is so pretty!!

I don't hate Melissa George one bit.

I do hate the character of Lauren, but any complaints I make about Lauren stop there. I have never once said anything about MG herself.

My hatred of Lauren also has nothing to do with her breaking up the S/V ship. I'm not an S/V shipper.

I have said this numerous times . My problem is that the character of Lauren isn't believable to me. MG has most likely done the best job she can with this character that is riddled with gaping holes in character development.

First of all if you do not know Melissa Goerge than how can anyone say they hate her? I don't get it.
I don't know her and therefor cannot hate her because I do not even know her. But she seems like a nice person. As do the other actors on Alias.

Lauren Reed on the other hand is a character who we see every week and therefor "know" her and then we can make a judgment about the character.

Anyway just my thoughts on the subject.

well i dont really hate MELISSA...i hate lauren...she totally messed up the show...the triangle has consumed alias!!! thank god its almost finished with...

LEAVE HER ALONE, SHE IS NOT "CLULESS" AND SHE KNOWS EXACTLY THE FANS REACTION TO HER *oops caps sorry* she just likes to look on the positive side of things, i mean if i was famous *cracks up* i wouldnt give a flying rats a** what ppl that didint like me thihnk... and i dont even NOW :D ok sounded wierd but o well :D

Remember that the Mellisa status next year news is only spoiler sourced. Even out most reliable spoilers sources are not completely right on things. Although the writers do have an idea of how a character will start out next season past the first few episodes they have not made any for sure decisions. The writers make most of the season plot ideas the summer before the season. The information on MG was wrong on her contract as it was long term not just for one year.

From MG herself she has stated the role may be more recurring like but that does not mean that she will not still be a regular. Her role just probably will be more like Weiss, Dixion, Sark’s, Sloane’s and even Jacks and the role just not as prominent.

Only as the double agent could Lauren take up so much time on the show. Now that the double role is over wether staying evil or turning good Lauren cannot take up as much time as she did. (unless they focused away from Sydney and I don’t see that happing for any other character)

Rating wise Lauren neither worked great or poorly. So to say Lauren hurt or helped the show much is roughly a draw.

As Lauren’s role the whole season was to act as an antagonist I believe the hate for the character was expected on JJ’s part and MG acted the role as JJ wanted her to.

Lauren was shallow and I do not totally like that fact. JJ deliberately kept the character shallow to increase the surprise factor on the show. This is plot driven not character driven writing.

You guys, she is so damn hot!! Remember when she was trying dresses on and Sark walks in....HOT. Her character is cool, I mean the show would be boring at the moment without her. Plus she is an aussie, like me, so we go waaay back when she was angel in H&A. Fair-frigging-dinkum whinging and whining until she is booted from the show wake-up you mongs.

some people need to grow up. it's rude to just boo someone for portraying a character. it's what she was paid to do. for chrissakes, there's a major difference between an actress and a television character, or are we just that clueless?

I HATE Lauren but i love melissa. She's really really talented and she's really pretty. I guess me hating lauren sooo much kinda shows how much of a good actress melissa is...

I have to say i HATE lauren! But i have nothing against melissa! im not really a fan of hers but still....i mean shes just playing a character. People have got to learn some respect :angry:

Back