Everything I Wanted

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok guys its time for ANOTHER fic ;)
and this one is a looooooooong one

Here's the deal: Ok as some of my loyal readers know I have this storyline that I absolutely love and adore to death. See I came up with it about 5 years ago which is when I wrote it into Skyler's Stories which some of you may have read. But frankly, they weren't that great... I mean not as good as I woudl have liked them to be
Anyway then that story was kinda continued on into Reunited which I know that alot of you read. Well this story will be like... a prequal/companion to Reunited. Basically all three stories revolve around the same general plot... but I mean if you havent read either of the other two don't worry because this one will totally make sense :D

Title: Everything I Wanted
Author: Janet (SkyGirl5)
About the story: S/V AU Sydney is a servant; Michael is the prince in a made up country that exists in modern time

This fic is completed; there are 54 chapters

Chapter 1
“Up! Get up!” Mrs. Smith shouted at her. “Get up you stupid girl!”
Sydney groaned heavily as something was prodded into her back. She yawned and rolled onto her back. “I’m up” She sighed. She watched Mrs. Smith close the door to the tiny bedroom she shared with three other women.
Sydney yawned again and rolled off the mattress she slept on which was sitting on the floor. She stood, stretched and then made her way to the beaten up chest of drawers she shared with the others and pulled out her uniform for that day. She changed quickly and then headed down the hall to the massive kitchen.

She saw a few of the other servants standing around drinking coffee and eating their breakfast before starting work for the day. Sydney grabbed a cup of coffee and a piece of toast.
“Just another day at the palace” She sighed to herself. She did enjoy her job very much. Being a servant did have its perks. First she got to live in a magnificent palace with marble floors, gilded walls and tons of rooms. Second she was able to work in close quarters with Prince Michael Vaughn, who in her opinion was completely adorable. Although she was never able to look at him in person, only at his pictures in newspapers and on stamps.

That was of course one of the drawbacks of her job. She was a servant and therefore second class citizen. Actually second class would have been generous, she was more third or even fourth class. She was to look at the floor at all times and never make eye contact with anyone of status, which was essentially everyone but her fellow servants. She had to curtsy every time she entered a room and when the prince was around she had to bow low to the ground and remain that way until she was told it was ok to rise. She was never to speak unless directly asked a question. And of course even though the palace was filled with elegant rooms, the servant’s quarters were dismal and cramped.

But still she had a roof over her head and a decent job that paid well which was more than she had for most of her life. So she was content. She looked at her watch. It was nearly 6:30 in the morning and she needed to begin working. She had a busy agenda for that day. Floors upstairs needed to be scrubbed and she needed to strip all the linens off the beds so they could be washed.

She sighed, grabbed her mop and bucket and then left the kitchen. “Yup just an ordinary day.” She said.

~*~
It was noon by the time Sydney had finished scouring the hardwood floors on the second floor of the palace. The bottom of her dress was completely soaked from kneeling on the damp floor and her hair was a frizzy mess from her constantly rubbing her head with her wet hand but she still had more work to do.

After returning her mop and bucket Sydney grabbed a quick lunch. She looked out the kitchen window and onto the garden. Since it was late October all the plants were dead and everything had turned a greenish gray color. She knew that soon the air would chill and it would begin to snow. She shivered slightly at the thought.
“What are you doing?” Her boss Mrs. Smith demanded.
“I was just eating...” She said quietly.
“Have you washed the bed linens yet?”
“No...” Sydney said quietly.
“Well get moving girl!” Mrs. Smith scolded.
Sydney sighed and then left quickly. She disliked Mrs. Smith immensely. For some reason Mrs. Smith always treated her much worse than all the other servants and Sydney had no idea why. She suspected that since Mrs. Smith was a stout, graying, aging woman with a naturally bitter disposition and Sydney was a 22 year old trim brunette who was usually quite chipper, that it was possible Mrs. Smith could have been jealous of her. But Sydney just shrugged off her rudeness and continued on with her job.

Once Sydney had stripped two of the eight beds in the guest wing she gathered the sheets up in her arms and began to walk them to the laundry chute. Unfortunately the sheets were piled high in her arms and she couldn’t see where she was going. The pile began to tumble out of her grasp. She began to hurry, completely forgetting about the floor that was still went and slippery, and then she slipped and fell. She landed on her butt and the pile of laundry went tumbling across the floor.
“felgercarb” She sighed as she picked herself up and began to gather up the sheets. Then she heard footsteps coming toward her. She looked up slightly and caught a glimpse of a man wearing shiny shoes and nice black dress pants coming toward her. Oh no! She panicked as she began picking up the sheets as quickly as she could causing her to slip and drop them again. She recalled a few weeks earlier when a servant had dropped something in front of one of the prince’s advisors and that girl had been kicked for it. Sydney’s heart rate increased rapidly as the man walking toward her was now right beside her.

Much to her surprise he bent down and began to help her.
“Be careful,” He said. “These wet floors can be dangerous”
Then once she had all the linens back in her hands he walked away.
“Oh my god,” Sydney sighed as she tried to calm herself down. She was positive it had been him. She still hadn’t seen him but she recognized his voice with the touch of an irresistible French accent.
“That was Prince Michael....”

:coolio:

:jump: Yay! :happydance: Another fic! OMV, Janet what a good idea!!! The chapter was awesome but really sad...I mean she's like one step about dirt...how sad! :sadangel: But i hope that Michael will um, well, you know. ;) Thanx for the PM...keep 'em coming! :hug:

Riley xoxo

Ohhh I like prince Michael already...

Oh Oh OH when do they dance? I wanna see them dance...

and can I stay on the PM list for this splendifferus fanatic fiction?

thank you

thank you

thank you

thank you

another one, god i LOVE your sickness Janet!!! awesome first chapter!! i loved reunited FYI, so this is gonna be awesome!!
can i get a pm please?? thanks!!!

Prince Michael Vaughn..That sounds like music in my ears :D
I really like this story so far so it would be really nice of you if you kept me on your pm list for this story too
:woot:
Oh and an update would be even better ;)

i love the story line!..great chapter! thanks for the pm:smiley:
its kinda sad how sydney is treated....but michael will fix that i'm sure :smiley: cant wait for more!!!

Great fic! I feel sorry for Syd having to live and be treated like that! That was sweet how Vaughn helped her in the end!

Please add me to your PM list!

Megan

Interesting.. Interesting...

Prince Vaughn seems nice enough, helping out a servant.

Please keep me on the pm list.

joey :smiley:

Thanks Everyone :hug:

PM list
i'm an aliasaholic
rileylovesalias
ASIOagent
superspy
gucci_94
vaughnsgurl4lf
alias_luver
Ms.MichaelVaughn