Politics Facts of Fahrenheit 9/11

I'm sorry i'm not going to read anything written or advertised under micheal moores name i *dislike* him very much.....hmm also theres a new book out called Micheal Moores a Stupid White Man i bought it it was really intersting

Here are some of the FACTS.

The September 11 Commission's 567-page final report has confirmed key facts presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. These include:

Attorney General John Ashcroft told acting FBI director Thomas Pickard that he did not want to hear anything more about terrorist threats. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 265
After Bush was informed of the first plane hitting the World Trade Center, he went ahead with his classroom event. After Bush was informed that the nation was under attack after the second plane hit, Bush stayed in the classroom for nearly seven more minutes, continuing to read with the children. Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 35, 38-39.
Bush failed to have even one meeting to discuss the threat of terrorism with his head of counterterrorism Richard Clarke. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 201.
Bush failed to react to the August 6, 2001 security briefing, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 260-262.
142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country after September 13. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 556, n. 25 [Note that Fahrenheit 9/11 understates the number of Saudis who left.]
Individuals were interviewed by the FBI before being allowed to leave (although the report confirms that most individuals on these flights were not interviewed.) Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 557, n. 28.
White House former counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke approved these flights. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 329.

It should also be noted that the 9/11 Commission does not address or deem important a number of other issues either addressed in Fahrenheit 9/11 or revealed since completion of the film, including:

What exactly was the rush in getting these individuals out of the country so soon after the worst attack in U.S. history, why did Saudi Royals and bin Laden family members receive such special treatment at a time when most Americans still could not get flights (even though airspace may have been open), and how exactly were the flights arranged by the U.S. government?
Several unanswered questions posed by Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) in a July 20, 2004, Grand Forks Herald column: “At a time when 14 of the 19 terrorists from Sept. 11 were Saudi citizens, how and why were six secret flights allowed to sneak 142 Saudi citizens out of the United States in the days after Sept. 11 before they were properly interrogated? How do we know they weren't properly questioned? Because Dale Watson, the No. 2 man and former head of counterterrorism at the FBI has said none of them were subjected to ‘serious’ interrogation or questions before being allowed to leave. In fact, we now know that at least two and perhaps more of the Saudis who were allowed to leave after Sept. 11 were under investigation by the FBI for alleged terrorist connections.”
Information that came to light in Dana Milbank’s July 22, 2004 Washington Post article, including the fact that at least one bin Laden family member who was allowed to leave lived with a nephew of Osama bin Laden, who "was involved in forming the U.S. branch of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth" (WAMY), which the FBI has described as “a suspected terrorist organization,” and that the bin Ladens flew out of the country on the same airplane that “has been chartered frequently by the White House for the press corps traveling with President Bush.”

VaughnsAHottie said:
May i add not facts but opinions! sorry lol he voices his opinions just like everyone should but his i do not like at all
[post="965553"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You can't say that because you haven't read it yet! Those are the FACTS, not opinions.

VaughnsAHottie said:
Agh toooo much posting sorry....anywho but why a bunch of facts on a micheal moore site just doesnt sound reasonable to me....
[post="965569"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

its on his site because people need to know the truth :rolleyes: These facts are backed up.

What i'm saying is i dont really like him and dont wanna read his felgercarb or anything he thinks is right to some respect.... he has his right to say what he wants but you dont see anything positive about bush on his site do you? Hmm i wonder why...*idea pops in head* because he's democratic<----so am i

VaughnsAHottie said:
What i'm saying is i dont really like him and dont wanna read his felgercarb or anything he thinks is right to some respect.... he has his right to say what he wants but you dont see anything positive about bush on his site do you? Hmm i wonder why...*idea pops in head* because he's democratic<----so am i
[post="965583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well that's being arrogant in my opinion B. He's trying to present facts to you. Read the 9/11 Comissions report.

VaughnsAHottie said:
[post="965583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That isn't felgercarb. Those are facts and they are even backed up by the 9/11 Commission! He has the right to say what he wants and you have the right to educate yourself. Positive stuff about Bush? There really isn't a lot to talk about.....

ALIAS_RULES said:
Well that's being arrogant in my opinion B. He's trying to present facts to you. Read the 9/11 Comissions report.
[post="965590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. Sorry Britian but I really think you should read the facts before stating your opinion.

VaughnsAHottie said:
Fine Law then i'm a arrogent person *shrugs* i just never liked him...thats all i read things that are against bush but nothing written by him....
[post="965605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sorry, B, that came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. I just mean, it's wrong not to even bother to look at facts, that aren't even by Michael Moore, but by the 9/11 Commission. Why don't you like Moore, he brings attention to issues that need to be seen by people around the world!

As much as I despise Michael Moore, I clicked the link you provided... now I think you should take a look at this link.... It is "Fifty-Nine deciets in Farenheit 9/11".... It is a lengthy article but well worth it... It also includes some of Michael Moore's responses. You should also know that the man who created this did not vote for Bush or Gore -- just like Michael Moore, he voted for Nader.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-D...renheit-911.htm

ALIAS_RULES said:
Here are some of the FACTS.

The September 11 Commission's 567-page final report has confirmed key facts presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. These include:
Attorney General John Ashcroft told acting FBI director Thomas Pickard that he did not want to hear anything more about terrorist threats.  Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 265
After Bush was informed of the first plane hitting the World Trade Center, he went ahead with his classroom event.  After Bush was informed that the nation was under attack after the second plane hit, Bush stayed in the classroom for nearly seven more minutes, continuing to read with the children. Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 35, 38-39.
Bush failed to have even one meeting to discuss the threat of terrorism with his head of counterterrorism Richard Clarke.  Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 201.
Bush failed to react to the August 6, 2001 security briefing, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 260-262.
142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country after September 13. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 556, n. 25  [Note that Fahrenheit 9/11 understates the number of Saudis who left.]
Individuals were interviewed by the FBI before being allowed to leave (although the report confirms that most individuals on these flights were not interviewed.)  Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 557, n. 28.
White House former counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke approved these flights. Confirmed, Commission Report at p. 329.

It should also be noted that the 9/11 Commission does not address or deem important a number of other issues either addressed in Fahrenheit 9/11 or revealed since completion of the film, including:

What exactly was the rush in getting these individuals out of the country so soon after the worst attack in U.S. history, why did Saudi Royals and bin Laden family members receive such special treatment at a time when most Americans still could not get flights (even though airspace may have been open), and how exactly were the flights arranged by the U.S. government?
Several unanswered questions posed by Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) in a July 20, 2004, Grand Forks Herald column: “At a time when 14 of the 19 terrorists from Sept. 11 were Saudi citizens, how and why were six secret flights allowed to sneak 142 Saudi citizens out of the United States in the days after Sept. 11 before they were properly interrogated? How do we know they weren't properly questioned? Because Dale Watson, the No. 2 man and former head of counterterrorism at the FBI has said none of them were subjected to ‘serious’ interrogation or questions before being allowed to leave.  In fact, we now know that at least two and perhaps more of the Saudis who were allowed to leave after Sept. 11 were under investigation by the FBI for alleged terrorist connections.”
Information that came to light in Dana Milbank’s July 22, 2004 Washington Post article, including the fact that at least one bin Laden family member who was allowed to leave lived with a nephew of Osama bin Laden, who "was involved in forming the U.S. branch of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth" (WAMY), which the FBI has described as “a suspected terrorist organization,” and that the bin Ladens flew out of the country on the same airplane that “has been chartered frequently by the White House for the press corps traveling with President Bush.”
[post="965557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I do not think that Moore's objective was to present the "facts"...in fact, it was just the opposite. However, even a broken clock is right twice a day, thus some of his statements are true to a certain extent. Since you asked, I will go a ahead an defend these facts. I read through them and none of them are very disturbing when you take them in context, which I doubt you have since you probably have not read the entire report (which is quite complimentary to the administration).

1. Ashcroft told Pickard he didn't want to hear anything else about terrorist attacks.
Well, at this time the administration was working on pulling together data regarding terrorist threats. That comment was made out of frustration and by no means stopped the FBI from providing further terrorist information.

2. Bush staying in the classroom with the kids.
I don't even think this needs to be defended. He was in a classroom reading with kids; he has stated he spent the time getting his thoughts together. If you were to read the report in full, they state that Bush staying in the classroom with the kids had NO effect on emergency response, etc.

3. Bush failed to have a meeting with Richard Clark
Yes, but he had meetings and spoke about it in detail with Condeleeza Rice and others. Clarke was incompetent and had Bush met with him, the events would not have been thwarted. Clarke was later fired if I am not mistaken.

4. Bush failed to react to the "bin Laden determined to strike"
Actually, this was not the first time this intel showed up, another guy failed to act way before Bush, Clinton.

5. The exit of Saudi's from the U.S.
It is general practice, to allow nationals to leave during times of war. I agree that they should have been interviewed more thouroughly, but that is not an administation issue that is an intelligence issue.

There were mistakes made. I think is it ignorant to expect everything to be perfect. I encourage you to read the full report so that you can really see the TRUE facts and not the USELESS propaganda that Moore presents.

How pathetic! The only source you could find to support the movie was one on the filmmakers website. It has been proven he lied in his movie why would I believe what is on his website?

:rolleyes:

^^^^ amen! Someone who dislikes him also... and your right why cant you give more supported facts bush supporters (which i am not) will just think its felgercarb with micheal moores name all over it....

Back