Politics Female President

Should/Will A Woman Be Elected As President?

• Yes, They Should and Will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, They Should, but No They won't

• No, They Shouldn't

• Unsure - Depends on the candidate

• Total voters

Hibou

Cadet
This thread was spurred from a debate we had in health class yesterday...

First, I have nothing against a female president. I don't care who the president is, as long as they can do a good job.

That said, how many of you feel the same way? Also, when do you think that we'll get a female president....or for that matter, an African American, a Jewish, or any other of the constituents of our nation not represented by any of our presidents.

My personal view is that our nation isn't "ready" for a female president, because they are still being discriminated against somewhat. Our nation is afraid of change like this, just like we're afraid of letting gay couples marry. I don't see a female president for at least a decade. I'm sorry, and as I said before I have nothing against women, but I just don't think that a woman will be elected by this nation (America) within a few years.

Also, if we elect a woman president, and she doesn't do well, I believe that there won't be another female president for a long time. People will take it as a reason why women can't make good presidents...

Opinions??

We talked about this in my political science class last semester. I think having a female president would be awesome (and not just because I'm female). It would be nice to see how they could run the country.

As far as how soon. That's up in the air. I side with my political science professor when he said that if Hilary Clinton runs then she'll win. I tend to agree with that. Say what you want about the Clintons, but they are very famous, and people love Hilary. I'd vote for her.

But if she doesn't run, I think it'll be quite sometime before we can get a woman who is famous enough to attract enough attention to win.

I think we will have a female president, when the right one comes around and can do the job. But I do not think it will be Hilary Clinton, I'm sorry but there are alot of people who do not love her and think that she would make a horrible president. People do not become president because they are famous, they become president because of what they stand for. Hilary is too far to the left in her views to get a majority of the vote.

But I would not be surprised to see her run in the next election - but if she expects to win - you will see that her views will start to shift to being a more moderate democrat.

I know that you win based on what you stand for. But there are plenty of women senators who stand for some great things, but they aren't well known enough to be able to win the presidency. You do have to have some kind of 'fame' to get a nomination.

And as far as Hilary Clinton goes, there are a lot of people who don't like her. But there are a lot of people who don't like Bush, and he won. With the administration as far right as it is, I wouldn't be surprised for it to take more of a lean to the left next time.

I think that it will depend on the state of the Nation when we have the next election. If we are in better, the same or worse condition. If we are in worse condition, Hilary probably would have a good chance. But if we are in better or the same condition, I don't think she could win.

ps When Bill Clinton ran for President hardly anyone had heard of him.

ConcreteGirl said:
I think that it will depend on the state of the Nation when we have the next election.  If we are in better, the same or worse condition.  If we are in worse condition, Hilary probably would have a good chance.  But if we are in better or the same condition, I don't think she could win.

ps  When Bill Clinton ran for President hardly anyone had heard of him.
[post="1255392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

True...but people were really fed up with Bush Sr., after he promised no new taxes and then taxed us.

I think that since we won't have an incumbent next election and everyone will be starting from a relatively clean slate that you have to be somewhat known to be able to get the nomination. Or just really wow us with what you have to say. :smiley:

In Ireland we have a Female President (although she doesnt do much at all),

As for America then I think one day their will and should be one elected....hopefully the surname wont end in Bush :rolleyes:

AliasHombre said:
What has Hilary Clinton done?
[post="1255693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What has anyone who runs for president done?

She's a person who holds a place of political power and is a well known figure.

I'm not personally endorsing her, just stating that she's in a prime position to run, and given her popularity she does have a chance at winning.

Finland has a female president ( Tarja Halonen) and she's done her job very well! It's stupid to think that women don't have what it takes to be a president. They can do the job just as well as a man would, or even better, like in Finland.

I must say I wish Hillary Clinton won't be your first female president but she seems to be the only one capable getting herself elected.

its so crz, so many countries had already a female president/ prime minister and yet the USA didnt even have a female vice president!!!
Israel fro example had a female prime minister- Golda meir, more rhen 30 years ago and i think its just crz that the nation who screams "freedom and equal oppertunies" dont run femlae candidtes for presidency!
they should have Condelica Vs. Clinton in 2008
if clinton will win, it will b Bush, clinton, bush, cliton...:jump:
mayb Geb(sp?) bush could run afterwards!

freaky said:
its so crz, so many countries had already a female president/ prime minister and yet the USA didnt even have a female vice president!!!
Israel fro example had a female prime minister- Golda meir, more rhen 30 years ago and i think its just crz that the nation who screams "freedom and equal oppertunies" dont run femlae candidtes for presidency!
they should have Condelica Vs. Clinton in 2008
if clinton will win, it will b Bush, clinton, bush, cliton...:jump:
mayb Geb(sp?) bush could run afterwards!
[post="1256257"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:o_O: :o_O:

I think anybody with the surname 'Bush' should be banned from US politics forever more!!

America having a female president would be great. She could do all the things the male presidents never did like GUN CONTROL. After all Maggie got rid of the miners and no one thought that could be done.

noggi16 said:
America having a female president would be great. She could do all the things the male presidents never did like GUN CONTROL. After all Maggie got rid of the miners and no one thought that could be done.
[post="1256405"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
And I think gun control is a very good issue to be raising right at this moment, what with all of the wonderful gun control that has prevented those recent shootings (note sarcasm).

I don't know how anybody in America can justify the current gun laws. It is only on a very rare occasion that shootings of those kinds happen in other Western countries, so clearly there is a MUCH better way.

One day, I think America will have a female president. I don't think it will be Hilary Clinton. I like her, but a lot of people don't, and I really don't think she can win. I wouldn't be unhappy if she managed to pul it off, though. There definitely are not enough women in politics. Women comprise over half of the population, but yet, only 14 out of 100 senators are women and only 59 out of 435 in the House.

There is one reason for that and thats the poor state of America's welfare system. I'm the first to say you should look after yourself but in Sweeden where it is pretty dam good, they have a lot more women in politics or maybe thats why its so good.

Back