Season 5 Finale spoilers

I think that Lauren might be the person Vaughn said Sydney battles a couple episodes ago. I aslo think Sydeney and Lauren trade places maybe body and or mind wise. That is maybe why vaughn is horrified and Lauren is really not herself. I know this is far fetch but hey JJ has gone to the other extreme with Alias. I love the show but it is turning into a soap opera. I hope he doesn't to the last two years off this year was bruttle. It took forever to find out about Lauren.

I think it would be cool if they did use this ENTIRELY RIDICULOUS MASK thing as a device for the season finale, that they make VAUGHN torture and come very close to killing Lauren (Who is in fact Sydney in a mask) whilst Sydney (Lauren in a mask) watches on.

Can i just say this is the most convoluted season finale yet. I mean the writers need to consider SUSEPENSION OF DISBELIEF. First stupid Rambaldi Ooze, and now Mask that make you look and sound like someone else, and dont even look like masks at all.

Can i just also mention the writers had a CHANCE to really work this Vaughn storyline to there advantage but have failed by rushing the whole thing in the last 3 episodes of the season. Because this change is too sudden and is jarring alot of viewers, which is why Krisitin said she didnt like this weeks episode.

Also if VAUGHN was going through this and obviously not dealing with it, then why the hell did DIXON allow Vaughn to go on two missions without one question as to how he could handle it. BAH!

If you think waiting these three weeks is bad, we are going to have to wait a lot longer after the finale!!!!

iheartalias said:
Death rampage. [Lauren] really is NOT herself in the finale. And that has something to do with that death rampage I told you about. "Sydney" is going a rampage.
:blink: some1 plz explain, this is beginning to scare me!! :thinking: :eek:

i wish i knew...this is freaking me out too! :(
omg, if this mask thing is the case, then the big
syd/vaughn kiss in the episode may be lauren
kissing him and then him torturing lauren
may be him torturing sydney. :angry: this
is scaryish waaaah.

apparently heaps of people die...but who
exsactly?? i know weiss was gonna leave
the show...but will it be like this? and who
else??

damit, we need the official cast for season four
to know who will survive and who wont

BAH/.
not liking this :(

I know Weiss is exiting the show, but I really hope he has nothing to do with the so-called death rampage. :thinking: Are we 100% sure he's not coming back? If not, something will have to happen to him in the finale. :(

The :Ph34r: theory (if in fact true) is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. I mean, it's a cool idea, but totally unrealistic and soapy. If Vaughn tortures Syd and kisses Lauren, I'm gonna kill J.J.! Along with 5 million other viewers. Surely he wouldn't do that...right?

"HORRIFIED" Vaughn...could be referring to something concerning his dad, but since there was no mention of him in the description, it makes me wonder... Maybe we hyped up the "evil dad" thing too much. So many questions!

Either way, we're still going to hear the words " I HATE you. I LOVE Sydney. :D

I think Kristin is referring to another spoiler that's been going around. If you look in the forums regarding reactions to Legacy (this past week's episode) may people were commenting on the Finale preview. In it, the Syd walking through a chaotic CIA headquarters looks unlike herself...very dark if you will. Some people speculated that it was Lauren in disguise...utilizing...yes...a Sydney mask (far fetched and eerily like Mission Impossible, I know). Based on Kristin's spoilers, I'm beginning to think, this line of speculation might prove true. Afterall, if Lauren is to infiltrate the CIA to obtain some artifacts, how much easier would it be than if you looked exactly like the top operative?

My only question is this... If the Syd in the preview is in fact Lauren in disguise...is the Lauren we see Vaughn torturing Lauren revealed (i.e. after she stages her Syd look-alike scene) or is it really Sydney as Lauren? There is no indication in the spoilers that Sydney ever masks herself as Lauren...

Interesting...

Lastly, I must say these last few episodes have been a bit disappointing. I'm a S/V shipper to the end, but the way they have resovled this season of love triangle has been terrible. It's too rushed. And although I am disappointed by the possibility of a Mission Impossible rip off, I am hopeful that the finale with be able to salvage something.

Kristin-------

From fabuloso: Alias!
Ooohhh! I just heard what happens on the Alias finale, and I've got two words for you: Death rampage. Two more: Horrified Vaughn.

From urban_coko: Okay, what is wrong with Vaughn? My heart stopped when he used the acid.
Seee! Told ya something was up with him. What did you all think of that "reconciliation" scene? Intentionally robotic or less-than-stellar acting?

From arabchick: Intentionally robotic. Vaughn's behavior can be explained. Hmmm, let's see, he's either: (1) An evil clone-double, or (2) he's PMSing.
That last one, number two, was so funny I might cry.

From arwenmoon33: More Alias! Please say Lauren dies!
Let's say this: She really is not herself in the finale. And that has something to do with that death rampage I told you about.

From chimebo: Is Spy Mommy coming back?
No, the producers did everything they could to entice her (with a ridiculously good deal), and though it looked at one point like it would happen, she ultimately decided not to come back. Heartbreaking, I know.

From rampantpenguin: Surely you can give us more Alias than that without upsetting anyone?
Eeek, okay, since so many of you are asking, I'll give one last little tidbit to ponder: "Sydney" is going a rampage.

Me------- :P
After i read this i kind of thought that MAYBE vaughn is horrifried becauseeeeeee he has tourtured the nice lauren.....meaning Lauren was possibly doubled and the sweet lauren that married vaughn was captured and replaced with the Lauren we all hate so much ....So maybe he tourtures the wrong lauren and that leads to him being horrifired Vaughn ...i know it sounds stupid but who knows... :Ph34r:

-tonia

nicken2004 said:
I think it would be cool if they did use this ENTIRELY RIDICULOUS MASK thing as a device for the season finale, that they make VAUGHN torture and come very close to killing Lauren (Who is in fact Sydney in a mask) whilst Sydney (Lauren in a mask) watches on.

Can i just say this is the most convoluted season finale yet. I mean the writers need to consider SUSEPENSION OF DISBELIEF. First stupid Rambaldi Ooze, and now Mask that make you look and sound like someone else, and dont even look like masks at all.

Can i just also mention the writers had a CHANCE to really work this Vaughn storyline to there advantage but have failed by rushing the whole thing in the last 3 episodes of the season. Because this change is too sudden and is jarring alot of viewers, which is why Krisitin said she didnt like this weeks episode.

Also if VAUGHN was going through this and obviously not dealing with it, then why the hell did DIXON allow Vaughn to go on two missions without one question as to how he could handle it. BAH!
out of anything i could have thought of or have read here, this is what makes most sense...as far fetched and wEiRd as it is, it does make sense...

Kristin has already said that there's no clone involved. And we know that Lauren ultimately is still alive by episode's end. So Vaughn tortures the real Lauren, she somehow escapes (as she and Sark usually do), takes on Syd's identity (via the gay mask, or however the CIA/Covenant does that kind of stuff), and after retrieving all the needed data from CIA headquarters, she (as "Sydney) goes on a bomb-throwing, gun-shooting rampage, in which Weiss is killed (and therefore makes way for his departure and thus explains horrified Vaughn). I don't know...just my thoughts. :smiley:

I read on another board that Syd wears a mask to look like Lauren and vice-versa, hence Syd looking murderously angry in the promos. Also that's why they're so disbelieving at who is shooting up and destroying the rotunda. And I read on the sd-1 board that while Vaughn tortures Lauren it's possible it's really Syd he's torturing because she's wearing a Lauren mask. Talk about freaking people out. What will the writers come up with next? :thinking:

The things I have been reading on other boards is even scarier than this. There seem to be a number of spoiler sources hinting exactly what we are all fearing - that this mask theory isn't entirely wrong.
MEANING that IS Lauren in disguise as Sydney. While I like the idea of the CIA Headquarters being destroyed by someone sneaking in disguised as somebody else, I think this mask thing is too ridiculous even for Alias.

On another note, I heard somewhere that
Jack is the head of the Covenant. For some reason, I like this idea. It explains the whole, 'Sydney questions her ability to trust the people closest to her' thing.

Natalia said:
The things I have been reading on other boards is even scarier than this. There seem to be a number of spoiler sources hinting exactly what we are all fearing - that this mask theory isn't entirely wrong.
MEANING that IS Lauren in disguise as Sydney. While I like the idea of the CIA Headquarters being destroyed by someone sneaking in disguised as somebody else, I think this mask thing is too ridiculous even for Alias.

On another note, I heard somewhere that
Jack is the head of the Covenant. For some reason, I like this idea. It explains the whole, 'Sydney questions her ability to trust the people closest to her' thing.
Jack being the head of the Covenant? That would actually make sense, in a weird, twisted way. That would explain why he was so adamant that Vaughn take the key to the storage facility to kill Lauren quickly. Maybe she knows that he has connections to the Covenant. :jawdrop:

I Love Alias :P but im not likeing this mask ispeculations :Ph34r: or
Weiss dieing :(
Hope its not true :thinking:

i just hope THE REAL SV will be back togeather not the masked lauren as
sydney :(

but all in all good ideas u guys ^_^

-tonia :P

Lauren is wearing a Syd mask and she and Sark somehow make Syd wear a Lauren mask. I think the torture scene we saw in the promo is <!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Vaughn actually torturing a masked Sydney.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> That's the "horrified Vaughn" reference.

I love Alias - to the point of obsession....and I have never truly been disappointed - though, of course some eps are better than others and I have enjoyed some storylines better than others. However, as the finale approaches and we are giving a small glance as to what is to come via spoilers, I think it is seeming more and more plausible that Syd and Lauren switch places...and I just don't know if I can handle that.

WV_Mountaineer said:
I love Alias - to the point of obsession....and I have never truly been disappointed - though, of course some eps are better than others and I have enjoyed some storylines better than others.  However, as the finale approaches and we are giving a small glance as to what is to come via spoilers, I think it is seeming more and more plausible that Syd and Lauren switch places...and I just don't know if I can handle that.
I know what you mean.

I know Alias is classified as a sci/fi show, but I think that when the show goes too far down the science fiction route its storylines suffer. Alias used to be a nice balance of drama, science fiction, romance, action, mystery etc., but now everybody seems determined for it to become more like Buffy, or even Star Trek!

I think the prophecy idea was fantastic for the first 2.5 seasons, but now its getting a bit silly (green goo and channelling brainwaves anybody?). If this mask thing is true, I think that's just taking things too far.

Bring back Will, and double agents sneaking around on 'fun' missions, and Sydney trying to fit a normal life around her spy life, and more of the dysfunctional Spy Family!

Back