First Love

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

ok so here's the deal with this one... i reread it (like usual) and the first few chapters are slightly confusing with the jumping around in times so my warning to you is: PAY ATTENTION TO THE DATES!! then you wont be confused ;)

Title: First Love
Genre: S/V AU FLUFF!! :D
Summary: In her early 'tweens' and 'teens' (aka ages 11-14ish), Sydney Bristow had a HUGE crush on Michael Vaughn, the best friend of her brother, Nathan. Unfortunatly for her, Michael barely knew she existed. Now, years later, at 22, Sydney bumps into Michael again and he barely recognizes her. Will she finally get her chance to be Michael Vaughn's Girlfriend? Read and see ;)

IMPT AUTHOR's NOTE- Nadia is in this story BUT!!! she is not sydney's sister, she is not sydney's realative in any way - she's just a friend

oh, um 40 chaps

Chapter 1

July 2005
“Remind me why I’m doing this again?” twenty-two year old Sydney Bristow asked.

“Because you’re my best friend in the whole wide world and you love me.” Nadia Santos beamed.

“Ohh yeah right.” Sydney laughed. “But maybe I don’t love you enough for this.”

“Sydney Anne!”

“Kidding,” she laughed.

“Good! Because I need moral support for this,” Nadia sighed.

“Why exactly?” Sydney asked.

“Because Eric is being a dumb ass doing this whole hockey night thing when he’s old and hasn’t played since high school and I told him he’s going to hurt himself but does he listen?”

“No.” Sydney laughed.

“Of course not,” Nadia sighed. “So, I’m going to be the one suffering when he like breaks his crotch or something.”

“Nadia!”

“What?” She smiled. “I didn’t necessarily mean in that way I just meant I’d have to ... I dunno keep getting him ice packs and listen to him whine.”

“Well you wouldn’t have to if you didn’t live with him,” Sydney rolled her eyes.

“Well, if I didn’t live with Eric his place would be so filthy the health department would shut him down. Besides... who would I live with?”

“Me,” Sydney smiled.

“Syd, we’ve been there. During college remember? We were about to kill each other. We’re much better friends if we live separately.” Nadia told her.

“Yeah... but that was when we both lived in the same eight by eight room. An apartment has more space.”

“Well... that’s true I guess. I’ll keep it in mind if Eric and I break up,” Nadia said.

“Ohh you’re breaking up with him?” Sydney asked.

“Well... I don’t know. I mean it’s only been four months so it’s not like I’m booking a hall and calling a minister or anything. But, I mean, can you really see Eric proposing to anyone?”

“I dunno,” Sydney shrugged. “It’s unfair for me to judge. I’ve only been around him a few times.”

“Oh... yeah right. Great we’re here,” Nadia said as she pulled into the parking lot of the skating rink.

“So how many guys are playing?” Sydney asked.

“Ummm three on each team I think so six,” Nadia said.

Sydney nodded. “Do you know them all?”

“No! No definitely not. I only know Eric of course and two of his friends, that’s it.”

“Oh alright,” Sydney said as they went into the rink and saw that there were already a handful of guys skating around the rink. Nadia pointed across the way to bleachers were the guy’s equipment was resting and two other girls were sitting watching them. They walked over and said polite hellos and introductions before sitting down to watch the game. Out on the rink, six guys were skating around passing the puck back and forth between them. All of them wore jerseys from a different NHL team.

“Which one is Eric?” Sydney asked, unable to see the men’s faces clearly because of the distance and their masks.

Nadia pointed towards the goal on the left hand side of the rink. “The Duck’s jersey in the goal.”

“Ohh ok,” Sydney nodded. They watched the men skate for a ten more minutes until one man in an LA Kings jersey scored. On his victory lap around the rink, another man shoved him, he lost his balanced and slammed into the wall directly in front of Sydney, who cringed and gasped as the crushing noise. A groan went through the women spectators.

“Whoa Mike are you ok?!” Eric asked as he skated over.

“Yeah,” the man groaned as he clambered to his feet. He rested one arm on the wall as he unstrapped his helmet and took it off. “That hurt.” He laughed.

“Oh god,” Sydney gasped with a sharp intake of breath upon seeing the man’s face.

“What?!” Nadia asked but Sydney ignored her. All of her focus was trained on the man rubbing his forehead wrinkles and combing his fingers through his sweaty, matted hair.

“Yeah I’m good,” he said as he put his helmet back on, picked up his stick, and staked back out to rejoin the game.

“Syd? Hello! Earth to Sydney!” Nadia called as she snapped her fingers in front of her friends face.

“What?!” Sydney asked.

“What the hell was that?” Nadia asked.

“What?”

“That... the weirdness that just happened,” Nadia said.

“Oh... that... that was Michael Vaughn.” Sydney croaked.

“Yeah, so?” Nadia asked.

“And... OHh! I remember now Eric Weiss! Of course,” Sydney almost laughed.

“Syd, what the hell are you talking about?”

“Michael and Eric were my brother Nathan’s two best friends all throughout high school.”

“OHHHHHHHHHH gotcha,” Nadia said as she nodded.

“Yeah,” Sydney sighed as she returned her focus to Michael who was skating around with the puck once more. Nathan, her only brother, was not quite four years older than her. Shortly after graduating high school he had enlisted in the army and was currently serving with the US troops in Afghanistan. Throughout high school Nathan, Eric and Michael were hardly ever separated, meaning they had spent a lot of time hanging out in the Bristow’s basement. Sydney hadn’t seen Michael since the day he came over to see Nathan off when he was leaving for boot camp.

“So what? Did you have a crush on Michael or something?” Nadia asked.

“What?” Sydney asked, jolted from her own thoughts.

“Oh god, please don’t tell me you had a crush on Eric.” Nadia shuddered.

“No,” Sydney laughed. “Actually, Eric was much heavier back in high school. He lost a lot of weight which is why I didn’t recognize him.”

“Ohhh so you had a crush on Michael then?” Nadia asked.

“Yeah... sort of...,” Sydney mumbled. “Yeah...”

I really like the idea of this!

Please PM me when you continue.....

So we are seeing a slimmer, improved Eric?? mmmm... Vaughn.. of course she still has a crush... its Vaughn

Thanks for the PM

oh yeah!! crush and a half i'll bet!
love it, syd and nadia are hilarious!
:thud: sweaty vaughn.... :love:
keep me on the pm list please!!

Back