For Better or Worse

#1 rule in being a parent. Always know where your children are at all times. :rolleyes:

Michael is counting down the days now...until Sydney gets to the fifth month. :lol:

Chris

#1 rule in being a parent. Always know where your children are at all times. :rolleyes:

Michael is counting down the days now...until Sydney gets to the fifth month. :lol:

Chris

I loved Chris' post so I had to quote ;)

Why do I have this weird feeling that Michael truly forgot about the train and that now he has to pull half of the american continent upside down just to find that train... Oh boy, if that is true he is soooooooo in trouble :lol:

Ha ha I think this might be the first fic I've read where Michael Vaughn can't skate :P

Go fifth month - they'll have to send Henry to summer camp or something ^_^

hey skygirl sorry i havent been here to reveiw ur story :thinking:
i havent been here in a while so :blush:
thank you for the pm
and i will reply more as soon as i can
:love: V.J.

i love the story to
im glad there working out things and hope the babys a girl
and horny syds gonna be funny, bet mike cant wait :rolleyes:

ok

Chapter 14
Christmas at the Vaughn’s that year was an extra special event. Each family member appreciated that Christmas especially because it would be their last as a family of just three. Of course, they were all excited about their new addition, including Henry, but they knew from then on Christmases with a baby once more would be very eventful.

Throughout their celebration, Henry was continually chatting about his new baby sibling. In Henry’s mind there was no question about the fact that the baby would be a little boy. His parents, though, felt this was mostly because Henry wanted a little brother rather than a little sister, a concept that he deemed disgusting. Henry went on and on about all the fun things he and his little brother would do as soon as he arrived. While his family tried to convince him that it would be a few years before the littlest Vaughn would be a play pal for Henry, he did not seem to pay much attention to this; he was too excited.

Sydney, Michael and the rest of the family were definitely glad that Henry’s attitude towards his soon to be sibling was positive rather than negative; however, they were concerned his attitude would change dramatically once the baby was born, especially depending on the baby’s sex. Sydney still desperately wanted a daughter, but was hesitant to get her hopes up that the baby would actually be a girl. She did allow herself to think of that possibility briefly, though, in the respect that if it was a girl, it was possible that Henry would dislike the baby simply because of its gender. Michael, on the other hand, had a more positive attitude; he thought that Henry would not care so much once he saw the baby.

Very early in the new year, Sydney had yet another doctor’s appointment. This one was different, though, since they would be able to find out the sex of their baby. The previous time around, with Henry, Michael and Sydney discussed the situation at length and decided that they wanted to be surprised about the baby’s gender. Many of their friends were having babies around the same time, and they all found out the sex of their baby as soon as possible. Sydney and Michael decided to be different, even though they received great amounts of backlash from their friends and family because of it.

If it was up to him, that time around Michael would have found out the baby’s gender. Through Henry’s infancy, he discovered that finding out the gender of the baby was actually more of a convenience. Buying baby clothes and things for the baby’s room was not restricted to gender neutral colors of green and yellow if the gender was known. Plus, if they knew what the baby was, they could decorate his or her room accordingly. Sydney, on the other hand, was steadfast that she did not want to know once more. Though she never said it, Michael knew full well this was because she was afraid that the baby would be a boy and thus she would be very disappointed. They both knew it would be the last child for them, so if she did not get her baby girl then, she never would. He could not really blame her for wanting to wait until the birth, but he was slightly disappointed that they would not be able to find out nonetheless.

“Everything’s looking wonderful here Sydney,” Dr. Smiley said as she waved the ultrasound wand over Sydney’s protruding baby bump. “The baby’s a perfect size and is growing nicely. Now, would you two like to know the sex? If I recall correctly, you didn’t want to the last time. Have you changed your minds?”

Sydney glanced up briefly at her husband before turning to the doctor and shaking her head. “No, we don’t want to know this time either.”

“Alright then; it’s your choice!” Dr. Smiley told them in her usual permanently upbeat fashion. “I’ll just print out this picture of the baby for you and then you can be on your way.”

Sydney and Michael thanked the doctor, and then said their goodbyes as she left. Once she was gone, Sydney wiped her stomach free of the gel used for the ultrasound machine and then began to pull all of her clothes back into their proper positions.

“Well it’s good to know our little bump is still growing strong, right?” Michael smiled at her.

“Of course,” she smiled back. “God, can you imagine if it wasn’t? That would be horrible,” she shivered at the mere thought, one of her hands rubbing the rounded area of her abdomen.

“Yeah,” Michael said, shaking his head at such a horrific thought. “So, um, you really don’t want to know then? I mean, I know you said you didn’t but…I wasn’t sure if you’d change your mind. You might want to decorate the room accordingly…” he said, attempting to entice her over to his way of thinking.

“No,” Sydney said almost sharply. “I don’t want to know. At all.”

“Okay,” Michael backtracked as much as possible. “I was just saying…”

“Do you want to know?” she questioned, her tone a bit softer. Michael merely shrugged his shoulders in an attempt to indicate his indifference. “Well I’m sorry, I don’t. I mean, it wasn’t so bad last time, was it? Wasn’t it fun waiting until the doctor held Henry up and said, ‘It’s a boy!’ I mean, wasn’t that exciting?” she asked with a little grin.

“Yeah I guess it was,” Michael laughed softly, taking himself back to that exact moment in his mind. After twenty hours of labor, both he and Sydney were exhausted, though obviously she was much more tired than him. Finally, just when they thought their child would never come, the doctors and nurses arrived and from that point forward, everything went at lightening speed, at least from Michael’s perspective. Sydney, who was on the much more painful end of things, felt it went too slowly. Finally, Henry arrived and it was one of the most amazing moments of both their lives.

“I think the most fun came from everyone taking bets on whether or not it was a girl or a boy,” he added.

“See!” she exclaimed excitedly. “Waiting is the best way to go; it’ll be fun.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Michael sighed. Deep down, though, he felt rather sad. He knew that Sydney was waiting because she was afraid of finding out before she had to. More than anything he wished he could snap his fingers and make their baby a girl for her, but he could not; all he could do was hope it all worked out.

You know what I truly want for this fic?????????

Two different endings...

with a 👶 boy and then one with a 👶 girl

Did you do this????????? :smiley:

ETA *grumble* Why's my favorite smiley not working anymore??????

Let me tell you first how fun I think the fact that you made Dr. Smiley unusually cheery is! Seriously, it's great.

Concerning the actual chapter... well, if Michael wanted to know, I think he should. He just would not tell Sydney.

You know what I truly want for this fic?????????

Two different endings...

with a 👶 boy and then one with a 👶 girl

Did you do this????????? :smiley:

ETA *grumble* Why's my favorite smiley not working anymore??????
that would be interesting having the 2 endings, but i did not do that
as for the smiles...yeh, i know a lot aren't working, but i dont know how to fix them :( sorry

Back