Forever Family

why do they always freak that the husband is gonna be worried? they're always excited :lol: hahaha that sucks that sams books arent doing better than syd's! thanks for the pm!

43 isn't that old. A co-worker of mine had a baby at 43. Have to admit is was a shock for her since all her other children were teenagers.

I'm betting Chris will be thrilled if Sam is pregnant again.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

These Sydneys are confusing me
Aww
Sam followed in her mom's footsteps
She is an author
I think that is so cute
I can't wait to see if Sam is pregnant
And it could be a little boy
And she could name him Michael
So the whole world revolves again
Or a daughter and name her Nadia
So they are sisters again
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

stealthy said:
These Sydneys are confusing me
Aww
Sam followed in her mom's footsteps
She is an author
I think that is so cute
I can't wait to see if Sam is pregnant
And it could be a little boy
And she could name him Michael
So the whole world revolves again
Or a daughter and name her Nadia
So they are sisters again
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please
[post="1445768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Awwwwwwww. I was so confuzzled when you said Syd walked into her mom's house etc. Then I remembered little Syd. I'm glad she's preggers again.

Anji

That was great ... love little Syd she is soo cute ... hehe Sam and Chris are soo bad ... doupt Chris would freak about another kid ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

awesome!!!

I'm prety sure that Chris won't make a big deal about it, he'll probably be ecstatic!

Who did Mel get married to, and have a little boy with?

And we've reached the final chapter...
I really don't know that i can put into words what i want to say about this story... This entire series has been amazing to me. It's spanned across almost a year and i'm truely sad to see it go. SFT was my first real atempt at a fic and it to this days remains to be the most loved or perhaps second to AP but still...
i'd like to thank you all who have stuck by this fic through everything, every chapter, every insane plot twist and every crazy idea my brain put into this. Thank you all so very much.

A breif but very important author's note before we begin. When i thought about ending this story i felt that somehow it needed to come full cirlce. So i wrote something that ended up having me hysterical crying but i still like the way it ends. You readers may have noticed arguments and conversations between Louise, JuJu and myself - because they are the only ones who have read the ending. They don't want me to post it but i'm going to do it anyway, in spoiler tags. I realize that this will peak everyone's curiosity but i'm still going to post it. But read at your own risk - make sure you have tissues - and know that someone dies which is why they didnt want me to post it

Part 10 – March 30, 2043
“Chris I have something to tell you.” Sam said.
“What?” He asked.
“You should sit down.” She said. He looked at her curiously but he sat. “I’m pregnant.”
“What?” He gasped. “But we were so... ohhhhhhhhh yeah...”
“Right.” She nodded. “That night.”
“Well this could be fun right? Another baby to keep us young.” He smiled as he scooped her up into his lap.
“Yeah I guess.” Sam smiled. “Maybe we’ll get a boy with your blue eyes.”
“I’d like that.” He smiled as he kissed her.

“EW!” Sydney screamed from the doorway. “Jeez guys lock the door next time.”
“Sorry.” Sam smiled. “But come here a second.”
“Why?” She asked cautiously.
“Syd you’re going to be a big sister.” Sam told her.
“What?” Sydney gasped in a mix shock and horror.
“Yeah I’m pregnant.” Sam grinned.
“I HATE YOU!” Sydney screamed as she bolted to her own room and locked the door.
“Um alright...” Chris said. “Not exactly the reaction I expected.”
“No.” Sam sighed as she slid off his lap. Then she walked over to her daughter’s room and knocked softly. “Syd, Syd come on talk to us.”
“NO!” Sydney cried. “Go away I don’t like you!”
“Syd please.” Sam begged.
“No.” Sydney cried. “Wasn’t I enough? Didn’t you love me enough?”
“What? Sydney of course we love you.” Sam told her.
“Then why are you having a baby?”
“We didn’t try it.... it just happened.” Sam said. “Please open the door so we can have a normal conversation.”
Sydney opened her door and stepped out into the hallway with tearstained cheeks and looked up at her parents. “What do you mean it just happened?”
Sam gulped. “I don’t think this is the time for that conversation.”
“No, ew god, no.” Sydney groaned. “I know HOW it happened, ick.” She shuddered. “But... aren’t you on the pill or something?” She asked harshly.
Sam sighed. “Well... sometimes that stuff doesn’t always work....”
“Can’t you just get it aborted?”
“SYDNEY ANNE HOLMES!” Christopher shouted.
“I’ll just hate it; just like I hate you.” Sydney screamed as she locked her room door once again.
Sam sighed and fell into Chris’s arms.
“It will be alright; she’ll come around.” Chris told her.
“She told me to get an abortion.” Sam sighed.
“She didn’t mean it, she’s just upset. We’ll give her till tomorrow to cool down ok?”
“Alright.” Sam sighed.

~*~

“How are you Sam?” Mel asked her sister.
“Morning sickness ugh.” Sam groaned.
“Morning sickness? What do you mean?” Mel asked.
“Ohh that’s right; I forgot to tell you. I’m pregnant.”
“WHAT?!” Mel screamed. “You didn’t tell your sister and best friend that you’re pregnant! I’m insulted!”
“Sorry.” Sam laughed. “But I’ve had other problems.”
“What? The baby?” Mel asked.
“No, no the baby’s fine. It’s Sydney...”
“Oh she didn’t take it too well?” Mel asked.
“Not summuch. She told me to get an abortion.”
“NO WAY!” Mel gasped.
“Sadly yes.” Sam sighed.
“Aww Sam I’m so sorry.” Mel sighed. “What happened then?”
“Well she hasn’t spoken to us in two days... I really hope she comes around.”
“I’m sure she will.”

~*~

Sydney was bitter through out her mother’s entire pregnancy. It was only when she held her new brother, Adam Marshall, in her arms that she truly came around. It was then that she realized something important, something that it took her mother much, much longer to realize. That family was more important than anything in the world. They would get you thought the hard times. They would make you laugh through the good times. But more than anything else, family was forever.

~*~

August, 2057
“Mel called me today...” Sam began hoarsely.
“Sam?” Chris asked, noting the tears in his wife’s eyes.
She muffled a tiny sob before continuing. “They just... went... both of them.”
“Oh Sam...” Chris sighed.
“I mean... Dad was 85 and Mom was 83... so they were old but... They lived full lives... I guess. I mean, we loved them. We all did.” She sniffed. “Mel was going over there... you know to check on them. She let herself into the house around nine... She thought it was weird because they were around. So she walked upstairs and found them in their bed. They were just laying there. Mom’s head was on Dad’s shoulder. Mel said she started to cry but then she called me. I went right over... I saw them...” Sam breathed heavily as she took a deep breath. “They looked so peaceful you know? Like they always did when they were sleeping... The coroner said Dad went first... and Mom died only a few hours later. She probably died of a broken heart.” Sam said with a burst of sobs.
“Sam... I’m so sorry.” Chris said as he enveloped his wife in a tight embrace.
“It’s ok... I mean... God, did I love them and I’m going to miss them... and nothing will be the same with out them... but... they were together, they’ve been together for over fifty five years... and that’s what they would have wanted it.”

once again thank you all for reading, i have truely loved every moment of writing this story. Be sure to check out the special things louise is posting in the SCSU (link in my sig but im sure she'll post one too)

PM LIST
freaky
peanutbutter
sydney_alias_vaughn
gucci_94
vaughnshoney
maddy28
blue_bird
vaughnsgurl4lf
Syd_ Vaughn
ASIOagent
stealthy
sparklingrainbow
aliasfreak8903
PoketRockets11
syd26
ubielecki
Alias_Fan0202
Alwazabrat
SydneyVaughn47
helpleessromantic
freckles3706
superspy
mbellsdiva
Alias_rocks_87
Nancy O
smartgirl2004
rileylovesalias
anji_alias
alias_luver
ChrisM
Bubbles
gregstar
Brinne
KAC
Wild_Child
shotput25ash
Lor_Aliasfan47
littlemissliketofight
catfishally
Mountaineer4746
texasalias2004
Garner_Chick6
i'm an aliasaholic
WindyStar47

first reserviing this space for a review

EDIT:

You lied! But over the past few weeks i've come to realise you may have been right to do so and therefore in this one occurance you may possibly be justified in the lie. -_-

and here is aforementioned review:

So this is it; the final review for this series and I’m struck by a strange sense of De-ja-vu; have I been here before? Well the answer to that is yes, bizarrely I’ve faced this “writing of final review for Janet’s masterpiece” a number of times. With each new review of the final piece it became harder to do and so now writing this, about the end I know really will be the end, is harder still.

At the end of “Why me?” I had the prospect and satisfaction of knowing there was more- although for some time I feared his would not be so, but this is the end. The story is told. The characters are now left to live there “own” lives as it were, Janet you’ve created them and moulded them into what we now know and love and they will remain as such- fully formed people in my mind and I know in the minds of others also.

Each new story has brought me back into a world so complete in its creation that it’s easy to become part of it. Just lately upon looking things up in “Learning to Love” or “Why me?” I’ve been drawn back in so quickly that I’ve found myself losing and hour or so and realising I’ve just missed whatever it was I was meant to be doing. But I don’t care, they’re stories I can read as many times as I like because they never get old and you can always notice new things and new speeches you didn’t quite pick up on before.

Of course my final review would not be complete without at least one proper mention of “Learning to Love”, Samanthopher and all that is related to it. Although I know you know this; that’s my favourite of the lot. It holds sentimental value to me like no other story. As my surrogate baby I feel very special to have even the tiniest claim for it coming about just so I can say “I helped do that!”, though of course my input was miniscule when compared to you I hope I was of more help then a hindrance. And as to Samanthopher- what can I say, from the start of that I was right behind them, way back when people were thinking Thomas was nice, blind as they were to the truth that he was in fact spawn of satin. All I can say is this: I knew they were right, you knew they were right, now it’s clear to everyone they really are right.

All in all “Forever Family” as a whole has been an amazing story for me. Although I caught up with it relatively late on I was soon captured by it and I well remember my first hungry reading of “Searching for Truth” and my quick move onto the “Why Me?” PM list. PMs I greedily awaited daily so that I could have my next dose in the saga. Each new chapter giving me the opportunity to mentally shout at the injustice or swoon at the romance, be triumphant in my correct plot theorising and deductions or laugh at how wrong I could be.

From start to finish “Forever Family” has been a story that has and will continue to be very special to me. Through the course of it’s publication a lot has changed, lives have continued to be busy and consuming but there was always the reassurance that there on the computer there was a little escape- a snippet of these fictional lives to amuse and infuriate you. Looking back to when I first read the beginning of “Searching for Truth” if someone were to tell me that six or so months later I would have read three more stories of the series, two of which I betaed, and that I would be sitting here today getting sentimental over a fanfic I’d have called them a loony, well probably not a loony as I don’t think I’ve ever said that before but I think you get what I mean. :D

Anyway Janet that’s enough of my babbiling for one day I have just one last thing to say:

Thank you, for the story, for the writing, for the not treating me like a crazy person when I went a little crazy on you, for putting up with my innumerable questions about the most ridiculous stuff, but most of all for being you and for doing what you do because you’re good at that so never change that because whatever people say just remember I got your back. Thank you.

😌

second!

oh god janet it's ended :cry:

you do'nt know how much i've loved these fics... and yes, the end has me with tears in my eyes again :cry:

amazing writing janet, just amazing and sorry for the short review but ir really do have to go! almost midnight ack!

love you and FF!!!

luv juju :harp:

AWe! I loved the ending. I liked how you made little Sydney upset about the baby, but how she came around when the baby was born.
Another Awsome fic
Thanks for all of the updates

texasalias

Great work Janet. I have enjoyed every bit of this series. So sad to see it's over after all this time. Brilliant stuff tho.

Thanks for the PM

Back