Friends sometimes become so much more

Friends sometimes become so much more.

Disclamer: i don't own alias so don't sue me please :blush:

Summary:syd and vaugn meet as kids when vaughns dad takes care of syd after laura's death

Replies: Luv em they keep me writtin n give me a kick up the ass :blush:

Chapter 1- The reason they met

This is when Laura Bristow has just been killed

Jack Bristow stood in silence looking out at the water that had helped his wife escape, behind him his friend and colleague William Vaughn walked toward him. Jack, simply stood still as his friend told him the most recent news.

“The divers haven’t found any bodies. It’s quite possible that the currents took her body, we might never find her remains.” he said. Jack stood silent. “Jack go home. You need to be with your daughter right now, this isn’t helping you.”

“You’ll never find her remains because she’s not dead.” he finally said, his voice serious.

“Jack you don’t know that.” William answered.

“Yes I do. Irina isn’t stupid, if she wanted to escape she would do so without any trouble and that’s exactly what she’s done. The CIA will never find her, she’s far too smart for them.” he said without taking his eyes off the water.

“Go home Jack.” William said.

“William, I need you to watch over Sydney for some time.” he said finally turning to look his friend in the eye.

“Why? What are you going to do?” William asked.

“It’s in your best interest that you don’t ask such questions.” he said as he walked to his car and drove away. William simply stood there fearing that his friend was going to ruin everything he had worked for all these years.

One Month Later

“Daddy no!” Sydney yelled out as her nanny held her back.

“Sydney, it will only be for a little while, I promise I’ll be back darling.”

“NO! Don’t leave me! Please daddy, don’t leave me.” she cried out in distress. She had no idea, but her cries were like daggers to her father’s heart.

“I love you darling. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Jack said as he turned around and walked away. As he walked to his car he could still here Sydney’s cries. He wanted to stay, he wanted to make sure that she was safe and happy but he couldn’t do that with Irina Derevko threatening his child’s safety. The moment she left, he knew that it wouldn’t be the last of her. He still loved her, he couldn’t deny that to himself but he loved his daughter even more and his greatest fear was that Irina would one day take her away from him. It was the reason why he had tested project Christmas on Sydney. He wanted to make sure that she could defend herself, that she would never be the victim of anyone, especially not of Irina.
As he drove away he could only hope that what he was doing was the right thing. It broke his heart to leave her, but it was all he could do to keep her safe.

Next Morning

She woke up feeling angry. She was angry that her father had left her when she needed him the most. She was angry that she didn’t have her mother anymore and she was angry that she was so alone. Her train of thoughts was broken by the scent of chocolate chips and pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes were her favourite. Every Sunday morning her dad would make them for her and the sweet scent would wake her every morning. Her heart started raising with the thought that her father had returned for her.

“Daddy! Daddy!” she yelled happily as she ran down the stairs. She ran to the kitchen only to find that instead of her father a strange man and a young boy sitting on the counter were preparing the chocolate chip pancakes. She stood there frozen staring at the two strangers in her home.

“Good morning Sydney. My name is William Vaughn and this is my son Michael.” he said. She looked at the kind looking man and his son, the first thing she had noticed were their beautiful green eyes. They both stood there smiling.

“Good morning.” she simply replied.

“I thought you might be feeling a bit lonely so I decided to bring you some company. Would you like some breakfast?” Will asked.

“I’m not hungry. Thank you.” she said trying to put on a brave face, as she ran back to her room the tears silt down her cheeks.

“Dad, is she okay?” Michael questioned concern evident on his face as he anxiously bit his lip while hopefully looking to where the girl disappeared to.

“Michael, her mother has just died and her father has left town. She’s just feeling alone. Why don’t you go talk to her, maybe you two should play a game.” he told his son.

“I don’t know.” he answered ‘What if I don’t know what to say? What happens if she hates me?’

“It’s just a suggestion Michael.” he said as he continued to make more pancakes.
Michael thought ‘what if I lost my mum or my dad?’ She’s probably feeling like she has no one and is alone. ‘Well she’s not she has me!’ He jumped off the counter and cautiously walked upstairs following the sound of the girl’s crying.

Her door was slightly opened he peeked through the crack and could see her lying on her bed face down trying to muffle the sounds of her crying as much as she could.

“Hi.” he said as he entered the room. Sydney sat up and turned away from him wiping away her tears and trying to hide her bright red cheeks and puffy eyes, managing to suppress the sounds of her despair while tears streaked down her face.

Michael noticed this, and decided to talk to her to try to distract her because that’s what his dad always did when he was upset and it always made him feel better.

“My name is Michael, but everyone calls me Mike. Your name is Sydney right?” he asked. Sydney simply ignored him. “Do you like cartoons? I like cartoons. I like to play basketball too, but hockey is my favourite thing to play. Do you play hockey? Probably not, maybe one day I can show you how. Do you like to read? Do you even know how to read? Probably not. Are you in school? I’m in the third grade, I can read.” he continued.

“I know how to read. My mom taught me.” she finally answered. “And you talk a lot.”

“You don’t talk enough.” he replied, smiling because he got a response from the beautiful brunet. “Why don’t you come and eat breakfast with us?”

“I told you I’m not hungry.” she states the tears starting to trail down her face again ‘I just want to be left alone’.

“I can hear your stomach all the way over here.” he said with a laugh. Sydney couldn’t help but smile through her tears. “Come on, let’s go. Things aren’t going to get better just because you don’t eat pancakes.”

“I am a little hungry.” she said hesitantly so he hadn’t won correctly biting her lip. She slowly dried her eyes got off the bed looking at him hesitantly. Michael simply turned to go and when she didn’t follow he held his hand back to her asking.

“Are you coming?” smiling at her over his shoulder.

“It’s Syd, by the way. Only my dad calls me Sydney.” she said as she returned his smile and gladly accepting his outstretched hand, desperately searching for any comfort. Mike squeeze her hand reassuringly and began to lead her down stairs.

“Sydney, you’re back. I’m glad to see you’re feeling better.” Will said when he saw his son closely leading the young girl walk back into the kitchen.

“Dad, it’s Syd, only her dad calls her Sydney.” Michael said squeezing her hand again, Sydney smiled as she glanced at him then back to William.

“My mistake, how many pancakes would you like Syd?” Will asked smiling.

“Four, please.” she said as she sat down.

“Same, please.” Michael said as he sat down next to her. Will served the kids a plate of pancakes and then sat down to join them.

“Sydney, how would you like to spend some time in my home? I don’t feel right leaving you here with only your nanny. At least there you can play with Michael, and my wife will be thrilled to have another girl in the house. You can also meet my daughter Elisabeth.” Will asked.

“Her name is Lilly” Michael whispered in her ear, while smiling cheekily, winking and then looking over to his dad as he smiled proudly back at him then looked over at Sydney. Watching Michael interactions with his father made her grin. William then continued.

“Elisabeth and my wife Amelia couldn’t be here today; regrettably they had already made plans to go to friends. Elisabeth is two years younger than you; Michael is about a year older than you so you can play with both of them. I’m sure you’ll have fun.”

“What if my dad comes back?” she asked.

“Of course your dad is coming back, but you could be our guest in the meantime. My wife and Elisabeth would really love it if you came and I know Michael would have a great time showing you how to play hockey. Just think about it, you’ll have a great time. Elisabeth has already asked if you can sleep in her room, only if you want to that is.” he said smiling at he then going back to his pancakes so she could think.

“I’ll think about it.” she said politely thinking about it.

After breakfast Will took the Syd and Mike to the zoo. When then brought them back to her house. They rented some videos to watch for the rest of the night and stopped by the market where he bought them popcorn and a mega tub of mixed Haribo. As William watched the two children who had become good friends, lying on their stomachs side by side with their heads propped up on their hands giggling and smiling at the video’s digging in to the sweets occasionally reaching into the puts at the same time and looking at each other smiling until one of them quickly looking back at the TV while the other smiled and took the opportunity to just look at the other. William was beginning to notice that Michael was doing this more and more as well as stealing a glance at Syd every once and a while, and Syd tended to lean her head slightly to the side away from him and making sure all her hair was over her other shoulder. Syd knew he was watching him and was ignoring him, letting him look, however when Syd looked at Michael he would turn to her and Syd would smile at him then back to the film and Mike would smile to and look at her for a bit then turn back. Although the interaction between the two made him smile, Syd’s subconscious techniques were obliviously picked up by watching her mother over the years, which was not a promising sign it showed that her contact with her mother over the years has unknowingly effected her, although this is true through observing Syd for the whole day she was not at all controlling, and seemed like a lovely girl. Then again so did Laura.

Late in the evening, one of the times that Michael was looking at Syd, William leaned his head to the side so Michael could see him. Michael looked back at his dad smiling knowingly at him when he notices while his cheeks turned a shade of pink embarrassed at being caught quickly looked back at the TV forcing himself not to look back at Syd or his father. After a few minuets Michael had somewhat relaxed again William asked Syd.

“Have you thought about what I asked you Syd?” casually.

“Yes, a little bit.” she answered smiling and looking back at William while sitting up and back to face him.

“You should come Syd. We’ll have a lot of fun.” Michael told her glancing back at his father know sitting mimicking Syd. Once Michael saw the look on his fathers face he tried to cover by saying “Lil... um… will get angry with me if she does not get to meet you you’ll like her, she can be annoying but she’s nice.” Starting to get nervous that Syd wouldn’t want to stay with him his adorable forehead wrinkles appeared.

“Does my dad know?” she asked William worrying about what would happen if he came home and didn’t find her here.

“Yes I mentioned it to him last night. He thought it was a great idea.” Will answered smiling encouragingly. Looking over at Michael with a hopeful and worried face then smiled and answered hesitantly.

“Well, if my dad is okay with it, then...um... I guess... it would be okay.” she told him.

“You’re going to have a great time Syd, don’t worry about it. Why don’t you go pack some things.” he told her. “Michael you should go help her.”

Both kids went to her room with big grins on their faces. Syd’s only got bigger when she sore how happy Michael was. They began to packing some of Syd’s things. Sydney packed her own clothes and asked Michael to get a toy for her.

“Which one?” he asked looking among them.

“The teddy bear.” she told him as she continued to gather her clothes.

“There’s like a ton of them.” he told her grinning wider and cheekily looking at her.

“It’s the little brown one.” she told him smiling over her shoulder.

“This one?” he asked holding up a little brown teddy bear with one eyebrow raised.

“Yeah that one, my mom gave it to me for my birthday last year.” she said, while lightly giggling at his expression.

“Is that everything?” he asked, still unable to stop smiling at her.

“Just two more things.” she said. She walked to her night-stand and took out two pictures.

“What’s that?” he asked her curiously.

“This is me and mom and this is me and dad.” she told him as she showed him the pictures. “Now we can go.” Syd says closing her bag then Michael silently stops her from picking it up causing Syd to give him a questioning look. Michael silently slides the strap off her shoulder and onto his own lifting the bag off the bed and smiling at her after curiously watching all his actions she just silently smiles back at him, her eyes momentarily going to the floor between their feet then back up to his eyes as she slowly picking up his hand and silently leads him out of her room.

tbc

hope you like it and pleae R/R :angelic:

luv Chicketee 🐒

:D :D :D :D :D (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers:

I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!!!! Its soooo cute!!! and VAUGHN!!!!

I WANT HIM... WHY IS HE SOOO PEFECT?!

Plz can u add me to ur pm list wen u update!

THANKX AGAIN FOR POSTING

cant wait for the next one!

p.s welcome to allalias

angels_fire

P.S wen u hav an addicts list <which im guessin is gona be pretty soon> can i be ADDICT NO 27

thankx again

OMG this is really good, you wrote a long chapter and thats a really good thing :D

how old are Syd and Vaughn meant to be?

could you please PM me when you next update, pretty please 😌 :groupwave:

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

angels_fire_88
I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!!!! Its soooo cute!!! and VAUGHN!!!!
I WANT HIM... WHY IS HE SOOO PEFECT?!
Plz can u add me to ur pm list wen u update!
THANKX AGAIN FOR POSTING
cant wait for the next one!
p.s welcome to allalias
angels_fire
P.S wen u hav an addicts list <which im guessin is gona be pretty soon> can i be ADDICT NO 27
thankx again

- lol ur welcome and again ur hopeless yet i wouldn't have it any other way:D
i'll update tomos and u r aware this means u read the fic again right :thinking:
luv ya n talk to u soon and thanx

cupcake55
Awww that was so cute!!!!
Can I please get a pm when you update????

- hey of course u can get a pm n i am glad u liked it :D
ill update tomos cos i already have the chap

Vaughn-a-holic!439
OMG this is really good, you wrote a long chapter and thats a really good thing
how old are Syd and Vaughn meant to be?
could you please PM me when you next update, pretty please
Luv Em

- i am glad u like it, :D yep the next one is just as long i think
and syd is meant to be six n vaughn is 7 or 8
and it woyuld be ma pleasure to pm u :D
i'll prob update tomos sometime

Chapter 2- Where their at today

*Syd’s POV*

This is where I’ll be
So heavenly
So come and dance with me Michael
So sexy
I’ am sexy
Come and dance with me Michael
I’ am all that you see

Michael you’re the only one I’d ever want
Only one I’d ever want

Beautiful boys on a beautiful dance floor
- (Michael-Franz Ferdinand)

“Oh, God Syd, if you don’t turn that alarm off I am gonna beat you over the head with it”

“Wow Fran that was a mumble, a growl and pure desperation all rolled into one?”

“Syyyyyyyyyyd!!!” Francie wined from under the canon of covers she had made during the night

“Sorry” I apologised, turning the volume lower, wanting to listen to this song just because of the name in it ‘Michael’. Silly I know but, October 1st were always like this dream about a kid I knew for about a fortnight, then constant reminders of him for the whole day. It was weird but after ten years I might be getting used to it.

“This Ok?” all I got as a reply was the grub Francie frolicking onto it’s back or stomach I am never sure which? Anyway it’s still the Summer Holidays and Jess will undoubtedly want but never admit to it, my help getting breakfast ready. For the school its scary how big an appetite a thousand girls have especially on Saturday morning. The girls which have stayed at school for the break all consume the same if not more donuts , pancakes, waffles, bagels and English cooked breakfasts if not more than when the whole school is here. Saturday and Sunday mornings are the worst, you’ve the girls who are comfort eating because their parents or relatives haven’t taken them home for the summer, as well as the girls who partied a little too hard the night before, the girls who are depressed because they wished they partied too hard the night before and then of course you have various mixtures of the three. Not to mention the latest scandal which makes some or everyone more depressed or on the flipside some or everyone exited and hyper. Either way, you would be surprised if you saw how much a group of relatively skinny eat just for breakfast. I’ am not even going to mention lunch or dinner because that is just horrifying, literally it can put anyone into complete shock for a good, oh well lets just say a month.

I think I had enough of a workout last night to not need a run this morning, not that I don’t want to, I do, but the best way to ignore the date is to keep busy, less thinking is better in cases like these, right? Anyway I got to get moving. I hop out of bed and head to our dorm room’s en suite bathroom to have a quick shower and get dressed. All the time I can’t help but think about that little boy, you became my best friend for 15 days. When I look back on my life, I don’t remember anything after my father told me in a clod isolated tone and face that there had been an accident and mommy was someplace else and never coming back. The next thing I really remember is meeting Michael and William after a kind of blurry encounter with my father leaving.

The next time I saw my father, well to this day one of the advantages of dumping your kid in an expensive private boarding school.

The extent of my contact with him is a card and a big money transfer for my birthday, as well as monthly allowance. I have been forced to enter enough competitions over the years even though I told him about them all in letters I sent to him. He replied when I was younger but since I reached 10, not a word. Two years ago I completely stopped letting any of my teachers or coaches enter me in competitions along with the letters.

He could have died and no one told me about it for all I know. The only reason I know he’s not is at least once a tear visit from William he’s not even my real dad but he’s more like one than my own. William I still write to each other every now and again but as the world has moved on, so have we were up to e-mailing.

Alright I am ready to start the day I hope, wearing a jean mini skirt and a strappy green top, in a messy ponytail so Jess won’t chuck me out of the kitchens, with my favourite green leather high healed wood effect shoes which are surprisingly comfy.

My skin and hair now smell of vanilla. I use the same products my mum used to use. I even have vanilla candles which my mum used to use. It makes me feel safe and I don’t know, somehow connected to her. Maybe that sounds, and is, stupid but its not to me, to me it is important and has always helped me survive alone even when the feels the world is purposively picking on me seeing how much I can take before I crack.

I set off down the hallway knowing Francie won’t be up for at least another few hours, she always sleeps in after we go out. Elisabeth’s just coming out of her door along the hallway. I usually run with her at the track.

“Hey Syd, did you go to G4 last night” she said a big smile on her face; G4 was a local club Syd had taken her a few times.

“Yeah I did, why didn’t you come? I thought AJ invited you?” I ask tilting my head to the side.

“Well I would have, but I had a date. With John actually.” She says her smile growing broader every second, looking down slightly sheepishly. John was a guy she liked who was interested in me, until I got him to dance with her the last time they went out.

“John? Really, how did it go?” I say smiling. I love trying to get people together, its so much fun.

“Really well, I really like him and –um” she said her cheeks getting redder by the minuet, she was also trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible. The date must have gone well.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to” I say kindly, knowing it will make her more at ease.

“No I want to. You helped me a lot. Well he took me to a romantic Italian restaurant in the backstreets I didn’t even know existed and everything was just-” she pauses with a wistful smile on her face and let out a contented sigh. I just watch her smiling relived she is so happy, John is a nice sweet guy the only reason I didn’t go for him is he wasn’t really my type. I believe in love at first sight or it is doomed to disaster.
Well my experience has been, even if it’s love at first sight, it can still end up doomed for disaster, crashing and burning in a sea of flames and carnage but that’s just me, and looking back at the guy I was asking for him to stomp my heart into the ground with one abrupt stomp blow. But that doesn’t discourage me from believing sweeties like John and Elisabeth making it work.

“Perfect?” smiling knowingly. Elisabeth looks at me her grin widening even more if it’s possible she gives a little nod which you can tell is just brimming with excitement. I giggle lightly knowing the feeling all too well. Snapping out of her nostalgic thoughts she quickly glances at her watch.

“Oh I’ve got to go or I’ll be late. I am guessing your not running today?” she says glancing at my clothes.

“No, I think I’ve had my exercise.” I say smiling knowingly, she smiles back.

“Good point, I’ll see you around and thank you” she says walking away.

“For what?” I ask looking inquisitively at her raising my eyebrow. She just smiles proudly at me.

“For getting him to dance with me! Of course.” She says to me knowingly. I look at her shocked

“I didn’t make him! He liked you.”

“Yep, but not as much as he liked you.” She states slightly disheartened her smile faltering

“He liked the idea of me, that’s all the guys that I know really see.” I answer knowingly “But those relationships never last. As long as he doesn’t do anything stupid to make me need to kick his ass, you will your perfect for each other.” I smile hopefully at her, to get her back to the high she was on. She has stopped walking backwards and looked at me curiously, before stating.

“They’re not all like Noah” she say’s smiling hopefully at me know.

“I know but I am still steering away from guys” I smile at her knowing it’s been over just over three months.

“I never got that, it’s not as if your not spoilt for choice you could have any guy, but you haven’t so much as looked at anyone?” confusion evident on her face. I can’t deny that but I don’t want to the only thing I can think of saying is the truth so I tell her hoping she wont think I am an idiot, but I’ve known her for a long time and she is nice so I try it.

“I know some people don’t understand why I am not going out with someone new if not because I am over him, to get back at him in some way, but I don’t want to do that. I want to do what I want to do, not what other people want or expect me to do and I don’t just want a rebound guy, I know one of us will end up hurting the other eventually. I want someone who with one look can make my heart beat faster and my skin tingle with excitement, someone I can love and in return be loved by and I just haven’t found that yet, not again anyway” ok now I am nervous how will she respond?

“I know what you mean.” She says smiling happily, proudly and knowingly all at the same time. I can’t help but smile back at her sadly knowing she does completely. It’s like a heavy weight has been taken off my chest allowing me to breathe again and I know she does because that’s what she feels with John and all I can hope is that John feels the same way as she does. Unlike Noah’s feelings for me. God I hope they make it she deserves to be this happy forever.

“You’ve got to get a move on or you won’t be back in time for breakfast.” I say smiling at her full with hope for Elisabeth. I feel better now someone knows the reason I am not dating again and understands it. Francie has not as much as mentioned ‘dating’ or ‘Noah’ since she found out what he did. She was so furious. Even the mention of him or any of his friends, and she turns into a tanned tomato with unexpressed rage and she throws a distained look at who ever was the cause or mentioned it. It’s the best thing in the world to have a friend like Francie she’s louder and a harder partier than me but I can stand up to more than she can literally.

“OK. You ok?” I smile at her happily.

“Yeah, I am great.” She smiles again before turning and rung along the hall. I watch her and as soon as I start walking to wards the Kitchens again I hear her yell something to me quietly so as not to wake up the other students.

“Hey, I almost forgot Michael says happy anniversary.”

hope u liked it sorry for the time leap don't worry there will be quite a few flashbacks :D
luv Chicketepee 🐒

*********PM list for Friends sometimes so much more*********
angel fire 88
cupcake55
Vaughn-a-holic!439
gabbi_vaughn
Sarahmañana
Nadia Weiss
smartgirl2004​

:D :D :D :D UPDATE :K <evn tho it doesnt exist on this brd...u kno wot im talkin bout>

LOVED THT UPDATE!!!!!!!

i can read this fic again and again everday and i just love it more!!!!!!

update soon...eagerly awaitin the next one

thankx for the pm

angels_fire

poor syd it must have really sucked not having her father in her life. at least she had william and michael...for however short it was. so does michael go to the same school?!?!?

okay...the only word tht i can use to describe my true allegiance to this fic is...OBSESSED!!! ooooh and ADDICTED!!!

IVE JUST RE READ THIS CHAPTER FOR GOD KNOWS WOT TYM AND ALL I CAN SAY IS...CUTE and by tht as u proabaly kno im refering to one person only.... take a wild guess of who it is Chicketepee

GOD WHAT HE SAID AT THE END.... 😌 😌 😌 😌 😌 😌

ok im gonna stop goin on and on now

UPDATE SOON PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ^_^ :woot: ^_^ :woot: ^_^ :woot:

angels_fire

Ohh, is Syd going out with Michael, coz thats how i see it :D

this was a cute chapter, t'was cool!

thanx for the PM, update as soon as you can :groupwave:

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: *holds up signs* I WANT AN UPDATE.... I WANT AN UPDATE :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:blowup: :yikes: 🏒 censored :Punkrock: IM BEIN RANDOM NOW COZ I NEED AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

PLZ UPDATE SOON :sadangel:

angels_fire

Back