Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Galaxy Quest 2 might be coming?

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi and Fantasy Talk' started by Kevin, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

One of the funniest sci-fi parody movies in years, Galaxy Quest, might be getting a sequel! With a strong emphasis on Star Trek TOS (the original series) Galaxy Quest perfectly captured a lot of the subtle innuendos and jokes that long time fans loved while at the same time being bringing in new fans to the sci-fi genre. Great movie... if you haven't watched it yet you owe it to yourself to either rent it or pick up a copy for your collection.

From IESB.net comes news of a possible sequel..... :cool:

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie102504.php

2. wilky49

wilky49 King of the Hill

I for one would like to see a sequel I still think that it is one of the funniest parodys done on Star trek. That and the one done on Family guy!

3. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

More Source on GQ2

I also enjoyed GalaxyQuest. I found a FanSite which discusses rumors and is dedicated to GQ. If Hollywood plays it right I feel it could go Big! I would watch a series. I'm kinda jonezing for some of that kind of scifi anyways!

Anyone ever watch Space Patrol...:P

4. Kevin

One of the Family Guy (which is coming back to prime time TV!) parodies can be found in the Gallery. ;)

http://www.coolscifi.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=33

5. Kevin

Thankfully 2005 will bring us the new Battlestar Galactica Series on the Sci-Fi channel. With only one more season of Star Trek: Enterprise in the works (at least according to the net rumors) and Stargate:SG1 getting close to it's 10th season it'll be good to have another show on the air.

6. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I NEED space battles! I NEED WarpJumps and Big Glowing battleCannons !!!Bring it on!!!
    :worthy:

7. wilky49

wilky49 King of the Hill

I think that from now on I am going to be a Couch Potato on friday nights.

Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    BattleStar Galactica

all on one night heck I might even have to get a DVR from comcast just in case.