Head Over Heels

Ash, I know you hate me now, but see? We want an update. :(

The PMs are back, and even if you don't want to send them out, I'd be willing. And I'm sure others would too.

Please? (n)

~Anja

Oh, my God you guys...

I feel so incredibly guilty right now *sigh*

I guess I just posted this fic at a really shitty time.
I'm trying to work through a lot of stuff, and I just...have my priorities set in order, and unfortunately AllAlias is somewhere near the bottom of the list.
I've been really stressed lately -- with school, and friends, and life & all -- and I've got finals coming up. It's hard to find the time everyone needs for themselves. It seems like everything I do is focused around my family or schoolwork - and I just dont have the time to do the stuff I want.

I'm usually online every day, but I've only been using Myspace.com lately, as well as lyric search engines to find some some-what calming music.

I'm so, so, so sorry that I've abandoned you all.
I love you guys so much!

I'll try to get back to updating after school gets out.
I'm really, really sorry.

You guys can always IM me if you want.
Hope you're enjoying the end of your school year!

~Ash

::EDIT::

Do you watch One Tree Hill?

Yes, I do. :smiley:

Oh, my God you guys...

I'm trying to work through a lot of stuff, and I just...have my priorities set in order, and unfortunately AllAlias is somewhere near the bottom of the list.
I've been really stressed lately -- with school, and friends, and life & all -- and I've got finals coming up. It's hard to find the time everyone needs for themselves. It seems like everything I do is focused around my family or schoolwork - and I just dont have the time to do the stuff I want.

I'm usually online every day, but I've only been using Myspace.com lately, as well as lyric search engines to find some some-what calming music.

I love you guys so much!

~Ash

awwww we were just wondering where you were. school can suck bad so good luck with it... then again, jobs can suck just as bad and i'm ready to b*tch slap my supervisor.. is that wrong? :P

Oh, my God you guys...

I love you guys so much!

~Ash

::EDIT::
Yes, I do. :smiley:

yeah i agree with derevkointraining
sorry ;)
i got a lot of work too at the mo n am neglecting ma fic
i just wanted to chaeck
hope u get a chance to write sometimes soon :clover:

:blush:

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

awwww we were just wondering where you were.

I am alive - I promise :P

school can suck bad so good luck with it... then again, jobs can suck just as bad and i'm ready to b*tch slap my supervisor.. is that wrong?

Ugh, yes it can suck - especially the end of the year.
Finals & end of the year assignments & all.
Right now I'm working on the last *thank God* of my Health Notes for this year! But, I've also got a five page research paper for History due Monday that I haven't even gotten around to starting yet...
And - *eek* I have three tests tomorrow.
Did I mention how much I hate the end of the year?
Thank God Finals are only 5 (school)days away.

...And, for the record, every supervisor/teacher-person deserves to get a good bitch-slap every now & then. Got to keep 'em in line, dont we?

:angelic:

hope u get a chance to write sometimes soon

*sigh*
I haven't opened a word document to do something besides school work in...over 2 months...

But, I can't blame that all on school work. I've pretty much been Muse-less since before April Vacation. I've lost my will to write *gasp*. I never thought the day would come...but, alas, it has.

Maybe if I'm nice, and Ace my finals, my Muse will come back & I can get to writing again. I hope so, anyway.

~Ash

I am alive - I promise :P
Ugh, yes it can suck - especially the end of the year.
Finals & end of the year assignments & all.
Right now I'm working on the last *thank God* of my Health Notes for this year! But, I've also got a five page research paper for History due Monday that I haven't even gotten around to starting yet...
And - *eek* I have three tests tomorrow.
Did I mention how much I hate the end of the year?
Thank God Finals are only 5 (school)days away.

...And, for the record, every supervisor/teacher-person deserves to get a good bitch-slap every now & then. Got to keep 'em in line, dont we?

:angelic:
*sigh*
I haven't opened a word document to do something besides school work in...over 2 months...

But, I can't blame that all on school work. I've pretty much been Muse-less since before April Vacation. I've lost my will to write *gasp*. I never thought the day would come...but, alas, it has.

Maybe if I'm nice, and Ace my finals, my Muse will come back & I can get to writing again. I hope so, anyway.

~Ash

GOOD GOD i never had that much work. well, i might have. but maybe i didn't do it. and yet still graduated with a 3.6. ;)

your muse has to come back! it will once you aren't so stressed out. we look forward to that time! in the meantime... caffeine is your friend. and chocolate. :D

*sigh*

Update anyone?

I dont think any excuse could cover not updating for over a month...
But I do definitely blame it all mostly on school, and friends, and family, and life in general. I just haven't had the time lately.
And, technically, I don't even have the time now...
Because, I've got French homework calling my name - and I've still yet to start my 5 page research paper for History *gah*

But, if I look at a text book any longer...I just might have to pay the difference of a book with pages torn out of it...
And if I have to read one more thing about stem cell research, the genome project, or genetic engineering in food... I swear to God I'll lose my mind.

So, this is a well needed break.

Anyways, hopefully you guys will remember this fic...

Updated PM list
k-mila
LittleNicky
ubielecki
shelley g.
Syd&Vaughn4eva
batman
atekamel
hannahb
Faye Vaughn
MH55995
sabbiee_co
Chicketepee
grassyass
freelancer79
luckylass
vartan-lova
aprilsfool6
fire*N*ice
Nancy O
cupcake55
scullymulder1234
SydneyVaughn47
aliasfan212
Sydney L Bristow
syd26
Lovygirl
Phoenixwannabe
tubby
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bamse
alias_chick_47
frangipani
ASIOagent
sparklingrainbow
wiseman
sydneymicheal
orely18a
undercover_spy
aliasisthebest
ae_gurl293
benzmine
derevkointraining
catfishally
ams4alias
Alwazabrat
freckles3706
funkymonkey
smartgirl2004
fieldstation
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
Bubbles
ChrisM
texasalias2004
Sarahmañana
iheartvaughn
Kate_14
6helterskelter6
AliasSydney502
BrownEyedGirl
SydVaughn1001
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
i love vaughny
Syd_ Vaughn
amlynac
aliasdancer007
Soccer22vartan
Nicky_Bristow
lady alias
littleangel
Alias79
kromrell
orely18a
kittykatsmeow
Catpin
Ms.MichaelVaughn
buckeyealum2000
tunita
saila_02
stella1
xxaliasluverxx
stealthy
blualoha
Aliaschick347
pansarah1
Lor_Aliasfan47
Rica18
Carney4ever
Julia47Thorne
Lily Ella
twinkley_angel
dandan
vaughn&sydneylover
SpygirlAmy
laughgirl
invisible
Alias_Angel
orely18a
JessicaAC
maddy28
Krista Bristow
Carol_Br47
leelow13
sydofthesea
EJ11
Alias_Day

Chapter Thirteen

Their breathing was the only sound in the room besides the constant tick of the clock next to Michael’s bed. Sydney’s head rose and fell with every breath he took, his bare chest serving as her pillow for the time being. Both of their faces held an elated smile.

They were too wrapped up in their own world to hear the footsteps bouncing up the stairs, or even pay attention as the noise came closer and closer, approaching Michael’s bedroom door. The only thing these two people cared about right now was the feel of the other's skin pressed against their own.

The light had been shut off at one point, providing them both with the option of sleep, though it was refused. Michael’s hand was running softly through Sydney’s hair when the door flew open, the light immediately being hit as Rachel rushed in.

Sydney gasped as Michael groaned; pulling the blankets up quickly to make sure they were both fully covered. It was then that Rachel turned and saw, honestly, a sight she hadn’t seen in a long time.

Clamping her eyes shut and walking to Michael’s dresser she waited until her back was away from the couple before explaining, “Nate got his clothes all wet, so, I’m letting him borrow some of yours.” She stood, ready to make a quick getaway, and took a single glance at the bed.

That’s when she saw that not only was this some girl, it was a girl she knew very well. And, not only was it someone she knew very well, it was her best friend.

Her blue eyes growing wide in horror, Rachel’s mouth literally fell open. She couldn’t believe it, which she made known.

Placing both hands firmly on her hips, still clutching shorts and a shirt for Nate, her eyes narrowed. “You two are pathetic,” she scolded forcefully. “I can’t believe you!”

Michael's brow narrowed in confusion as Sydney brought a hand to her forehead in contemplation. “This isn’t what it looks like,” she offered, guessing Rachel had only the worst possible situations in mind.

“Really?” Her voice held a note of sarcasm, as her eyes, if possible, narrowed more.

“Rach-”

“-Because, to me, it looks like you guys are back to doing what you do best.” She crossed her arms in front of her chest, the clothing she still held falling down the length of her stomach to her knees.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Michael asked, now frustrated himself with the accusations she was shooting around the room.

“It means, that you two are so freaking stupid that you don’t see a good thing when it’s right in front of you. Because, if you did, you wouldn’t be doing this ‘non-exclusive’ thing, when we all know you want it to be exclusive!”

She glared at the both of them. Her eyes like daggers into their chests, both guilt driven and knowing that on some level she was right.

“I swear, Rachel, this isn’t what you think-”

Holding up her hand for her to stop, Rachel shook her head from side to side in disgust. “I don’t want to hear it.” And, without giving either of them a chance to explain, she walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

~​

Sydney didn’t want to get out of bed, but she did. Lethargically she’d dressed in her clothes from the day before, knowing that if she approached Rachel in Michael’s clothes she’d only get her even more upset. So, with the promise of returning, Sydney went off in search of her best friend.

Knocking lightly on the door before opening it, Sydney saw Rachel lying on her bed staring at the ceiling, as Nathan was putting Michael’s shirt on. Their eyes met, a silent conversation resulting in him agreeing to leave.

He brushed past her, and she stepped over his pile of soggy, discarded clothes. Sitting attentively on the edge of Rachel’s bed, Sydney was debating whether or not to reach an arm out and touch her.

“Rach…,” she began quietly, the words barely rising from her throat.

“Why do you two do this to yourselves?” she asked angrily, never taking her eyes from the white ceiling above her head.

“It’s not like that.” Sighing heavily, Sydney tensed. How, exactly, could she explain this without getting a good verbal lashing?

“I mean, there’s just no point in a one night stand-”

“This wasn’t, isn’t, a one night thing…” Sydney cringed, her head shamefully held towards the floor.

“Excuse me?” She could feel Rachel’s eyes burning holes into her.

“We, Michael and I, have been dating for, like, over a month.” She winced, knowing that most certainly was not the way to approach the subject.

Rachel sat up quickly, her eyebrows narrowed in confusion as her eyes flashed with an emotion unrecognizable. It almost seemed like shock, but then, anger seemed present as well. And, was that, happiness?

They sat in silence for a minute, staring at one another. Sydney, almost fearing her life, and Rachel, trying to sort out her thoughts.

Gulping, Sydney inched her neck forward slightly, cautiously. “Rach-”

“-You’re kidding me,” she cut her off, the words finally straightening out in her mind.

Sydney shook her head back and forth slowly. “No.”

Again, there was silence.

Minutes seemed to pass by at an abnormally slow pace. Sydney was mildly shocked that she’d handled it so well, but at the same time was almost afraid at her lack of commentary.

“Holy felgercarb.”

“That’s all you’ve got to say?” Sydney asked her in disbelief.

“Hardly, I’m just waiting for inspiration to strike.” Rachel ran a hand effortlessly through her blonde hair, falling back onto her pillows.

“Inspiration for what?”

“The lecture of a life time.” Rachel smirked

Silence followed as Sydney sat in contemplation. She didn’t like the sound of that.

“You didn’t tell me?” Rachel finally questioned, calmly.

“I, we, didn’t think the pressure would help any,” Sydney explained.

“Over a month, and you didn’t tell your best friend?” Now, her voice was rising.

“We were going to tell you eventually.” She rolled her eyes at Rachel’s exaggeration.

“What’s with all the ‘we’s’?” Rachel still kept her gaze on the ceiling.

“Well, aren’t we a ‘we’?” Sydney reiterated, not just as a response, but actually seeking an answer.

“I guess.” Rachel shrugged. “Are you going to stay a ‘we’?”

Sydney didn’t reply at first, her mind too lost in its on thoughts to come up with an explanation. Wordlessly, she laid down next to Rachel, their shoulders touching.

“I want to.”

Rachel nodded in understanding, inwardly smirking that the couple had stopped being so dense. But, in the midst of her rejoicing, one thought nudged its way back into her mind. She scowled.

“I still can’t believe you didn’t tell me.”

Okay, that's it for now.
There probably wont be another Update until my Finals are over (June 14th)
Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Welcome back Ash.

:D Such a great update!!!

Honestly, it was well worth the wait. Actually, the update of any fic is worth waiting for, but this one is extra special! ;)

I'm SO happy that Rachel found out, but she just so happened to find out in the worst way possible. :P Walking in on them in bed... :o_O: If I had a brother, I'd never want to see him like that.

Good luck on your finals. I feel your pain. :(

~Anja

THANKS ASHLEY!

That was a great update. I am glad you took a break.. everyone deserves one.

Can't wait till you are done with school and hopefully will update more!

Back