HJ-Steph, about late update

Dyngo

Cadet
From the official HJ-boards:

Yes...we're (read: I'm) terribly behind on website updates. We've (read: I've) been slammed with work.

That said, I have the models for the next classes update screen-capped, all that really remains is writing and coding the webpage for the darned things. From there, we're hoping to just do a few months of screenshots. The areas we're working on deserve to be seen.

Some of you may have caught the article on MMORPG about the visit to our offices. If you haven't, check it out:

Hero's Journey Articles | MMORPG.com

We appreciate all of you still eagerly anticipating the game. And now, off I go to an art meeting....

Steph
HJ Lead Designer

gief update! :cool:

I think its just good manners to link to the original source.

How come HH don't nag Simu more (successfully) to make exclusive articles and interviews?

I'm looking forward to see the "new" areas she talks about tho. The class info is just a few seconds of fun, sadly (or have been, at least).

Well we do nag. We can't control if it is "successful" nagging though. :smiley:

Thanks for the post, Dyngo. I haven't been able to check the boards lately. Been a busy week.

Well we do nag. We can't control if it is "successful" nagging though. :smiley:

Thanks for the post, Dyngo. I haven't been able to check the boards lately. Been a busy week.
Np.
If it's not successful, it's not enough nagging! :^O

(dont underestimate the powah of nagging.. I'm a father, I know ;) )

What I find disheartening is Steph's comment about after she finally gets someone to code the webpage for this particular update she goes on to say "From there we're hoping to just do a few months of screen shots"

In other words we can expect at least four months or more of nothing substantive in terms of game play etc. about the game.

That puts us into what? Through October I think. So a 2007 date is probably out of the question.

I don't want to say vaporware just yet, since I have immensely enjoyed Simu games in the past. But this seemingly endless 'it'll be here soon' thing is the reason I left Simu's games.

I kept hearing it's coming, it's coming.....can anyone say savant class?

It's really really REALLY normal for game companies to do that though... Can be disappointed they're doing the same thing as other companies, but I wont say that it all means vaporware yet.

Class updates would be good. I also think it's smart to release more at mmorpg.com than here. We'll link it no matter what. We're big fans here. PR through MMORPG.com a bit is a good thing since it hits people who are potential fans, but not yet fans.

It's really really REALLY normal for game companies to do that though... Can be disappointed they're doing the same thing as other companies, but I wont say that it all means vaporware yet.

Class updates would be good. I also think it's smart to release more at mmorpg.com than here. We'll link it no matter what. We're big fans here. PR through MMORPG.com a bit is a good thing since it hits people who are potential fans, but not yet fans.

I agree 100%. MMORPG.com is such a larger market and better for getting the word out. I also hope she picks up her dev blog back up at Ten Ton Hammer. Something, anything, even if it's just random notes about her day. Just to show she's still around.

..no point collecting new fans, if there's nothing to show them.

not much of the old "stuff" isn't very unique any more...

gief new stuff!

Glad I haven't missed too much since April when I was last really active around HH..I mean, it'd suck if we had too much information to drool over wouldn't it?

*goes back to LotRO to play a game that exists*

Yes...we're (read: I'm) terribly behind on website updates. We've (read: I've) been slammed with work.

That said, I have the models for the next classes update screen-capped, all that really remains is writing and coding the webpage for the darned things. From there, we're hoping to just do a few months of screenshots. The areas we're working on deserve to be seen.

Some of you may have caught the article on MMORPG about the visit to our offices. If you haven't, check it out:

Hero's Journey Articles | MMORPG.com

We appreciate all of you still eagerly anticipating the game. And now, off I go to an art meeting....

Steph
HJ Lead Designer

I would feel somewhat embarrassed by now... :|

Back