How It Was

Title: How It Was
Author: Queenie, Nicole, sv4ever07
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters you recognize in this story, which means I don't own any, that honor goes to J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, and ABC.
Rating: PG-13 [for violence and language]
Spoilers: Through 3.04 "A Missing Link" Season 3
Pairings: S/V, V/L, S/S/, J/S, M/C, basically any relationship possible
Summary: Sydney runs away from the future by returning to her past.
Dedication: To the ZAP! You are all always there for me, and I'm grateful to you for that! Plus, its our five month anniversary today! :hug:
Author's Note: *sob* one of my favorite characters were killed off and I didn't like it, so I changed it.
So anyways, Monday was senior skip day and this idea came to me when I was trying to go to sleep.
Thanks to the fantabulous Screech for beta'ing this baby for me and for the title!
Please review and let me know what you think [constructive criticism is welcome!]
If you want a PM, let me know!

Chapter One
She wandered the streets of LA aimlessly, the tears streaming down her cheeks, and anyone who had known her before, who had known the strong, self-confident Sydney Bristow would not recognize her now.

The two years had changed her immensely, she was not the same person who knew her place in the world and her place in people's lives, she knew nothing now.

Vaughn was married, the love of her life had moved on and married Lauren Reed and the two of them were happy together. Who was she to break it up just because she loved Vaughn?

Her mother was gone, hadn't been heard from by the CIA since before she disappeared.

Another person she had hoped would be there for her, her father, had been in prison, had been for a year, and was being treated as a traitor of the United States.

Dixon had taken over Kendall's job, Kendall was AWOL, and Dixon was not acting like the friend she had come to rely on the years before her disappearance.

Everything was different, everyone was different, she was different. No matter what anyone tried to tell her, nothing was the same and she didn't feel welcome here anymore.

All she really wanted to do was leave LA behind and forget who Sydney Bristow was, in other words start her life over again, fresh and new, Vaughn had Lauren, she would have someone new too.

Her one specification of her new home was that it had to have a train station, an observatory and a pier.

Even though those places would bring back all her memories of LA, she figured she needed that much, she needed to remember the happy times before her life got all screwed up.

Once she got to her new destination, she would call her father, let him know where she was, maybe even call Eric too, he had been her only friend over the last few weeks, and she really didn't want to cut off all contact with him.

The only two important people in her life, she couldn't just disappear without anyone knowing, she couldn't put her father through that again.

Three days later...

Everyone was called in for a meeting, and was told that it had to do with Sydney Bristow, that's it, no other information.

Everyone who ever had anything to do with her plus a few others were there: Dixon, Vaughn, Jack, Marshall, Carrie, Lauren, Lindsey, Weiss, anyone who had ever worked with her.

Dixon and Lindsey stood up in front of everyone as Dixon began, "Sydney Bristow has been missing for three days. She hasn't turned up for work, hasn't contacted us at all as for why she hasn't been here."

Then Lindsey took over, "Has anyone in this room seen or heard from Miss Bristow in the last 72 hours?"

He narrowed his eyes, "Agent Weiss?"

Everyone turned towards Weiss. "What?" he questioned.

"You and Miss Bristow have seemed to be getting closer lately," he was informed, "Have you seen her?"

"I haven't seen her since work the day she went missing," Weiss explained, "We were supposed to get together that night at her apartment, but when I went there she wasn't there. I just figured she was working late or something."

Vaughn wanted to ask what Weiss and Sydney were planning on doing at her apartment, but didn't want to raise any suspicions.

But he didn't need to; Lauren voiced his question for him in a way that made him wish she wasn't his wife.

"Exactly what were you and Miss Bristow planning on doing?" Lauren asked matter-of-factly.

Weiss shrugged and blushed, "Tuesday night is tequila night."

"That's enough!" Lindsey yelled, "If any of you hear from Sydney Bristow you better report back to either Director Dixon or myself. Until then, we will be searching high and low for her; we want to know what happened during those two years."

Jack's cell phone rang and he grabbed it out of his breast pocket, "Hello?"

"Dad," Sydney said simply.

"Sydney, how are you?" he questioned, "Where are you?"

Sydney sighed, "I'm fine dad, don't worry about me."

"They're looking for you Sydney," Jack explained, "Lindsey, Lauren, the NSC, even the CIA. They're intent on finding you."

"Why?" Sydney asked, "Why are they looking for me?"

"They want to know what happened during your missing two years. They want to know why the Covenant had you," Jack told her.

"Well join the club," she said sarcastically, then she heard the door to her room opening, "I've got to go dad, I'll be in touch soon."

"Don't contact anyone else," Jack ordered before she hung up.

"Who was that babe?" the person questioned her.

She put on the facade of Julia Thorne and turned towards Simon, "No one important."

She crossed the room and kissed him imploringly, she was going to live the life of Julia Thorne fully.

Please review! :D

Back