Irina

Lets hope the next three episodes tell us. I really hate mother/daughter cliff hangers like last season! "MOM...?"

You can't realy have all the answers but you can think what you want about her. Personally I think she is good and I think she loves Jack and Sydney and I also think her and Jack are working together. I hope so at least. :thinking:

Again, I'm spoiler-free, so keep that in mind.

I think that she does love Syd, but she's a complex woman with many priorities. It remains to be seen whether Sydney is her top priority (as she is for Jack).
;)

lol, Manu i agree, i dont think anyone can honestly correctly answer any question about irina except that she is sydney's mother!LOL

You can't realy have all the answers but you can think what you want about her. Personally I think she is good and I think she loves Jack and Sydney and I also think her and Jack are working together. I hope so at least.  :thinking:

I agree. I think Irina isn't betraying Syd though, whoever she's working with.;)

I think that Irina does love Sydney. But as VH said, I'm not so sure Sydney's her top priority. That seems to be Rambaldi, not her family, to me.

She said:
If they are "working together," I would say it is only on subconscious, emotional, visceral level. That is possible. However, I find it improbable that they are working together in any conscious or coordinated way. But I've been surprised before--!
;)

THE UNFOLDING
(This is not a spoiler but to anyone who believes in foresight, pls. remember that you heard this first from Jason Bourne.)

These things I’m going to say may not happen this season 2. "Truth" is gonna take a lot more time than an episode to be told! I don't think Irina can tell Syd everything down to the littlest detail...but here's my theory....

1.Irina, when she was still working for KGB as Jack's wife, accidentally discovers Sloane's obsession with Rambaldi and was convinced that the prophecy was true.
2.And, the prophecy was not really about her, but about her daughter, Sydney. (I foretell that Sydney will lose a loved one very close to her heart and this would make her use the Rambaldi artifacts to avenge his/her death. If you really think about how the prophesy was phrased, it ominously insinuates that the ONE would release cataclysmic powers, whatever that is, because she will be filled with wrath or thirsting for revenge and seeing Mt. Whatsitsname doesn't disqualify Sydney).
3. Knowing this, Irina left Jack and Sydney to find a way to know more about everything about Rambaldi and outwit Sloane from baiting Sydney and stop apocalypse from happening. And that is why she is so obsessed about getting all the artifacts…to protect Sydney.

You think Sydney would believe her mother if she told her this? No!
Hence, truth takes time!!!

I JUST DONT' UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN QUESTION HER LOVE FOR SYDNEY!!! Rambaldi may be one of ther priorities but Sydney is at the top of all of that. Last night she said that Sydney is the 'chosen' one. so i think that She's obsessed with rambaldi BECAUSE she's trying to protect her daughter!! i still dont' get how ppl can doubt that irina loves syd...
--Mandy :angelic:

Irina thinks she loves Syd. She does -- in the twisted way that is the only way sociopaths know how to love. But has she ever met anyone she didn't hurt?

i think irina loves syd, her mind might be a little clouded in her search for rambaldi but throughout everything she still loves her daughter.

Irina so loves Syd, you can tell from just the way she looks at her, so moving and so proud. Even if she does have some issues, killing and all, she loves her daughter like any mother. In her case more as she never got to see her daughter grow up!

Back