Irina...?

Ok so we all have to admit, Irina is so badass...

I want her to come back in the fourth season...but my confusion arises when I was reading ALIAS the magazine...someone said something along the lines of "Now that we are sure that Lena Olin is not coming back to play Irina", so i got confused

I know the crew and writers would make it a suprise if she came back, but has there been any word that shes not coming back for good?

plus...insert your favorite Irina moment at the bottom...

yes she said she won't be returning --> Kristen (E! online) said so

My fav Irina moment: when she hugged syd and when she beat the hell out of her on the ice

sorry but kristin is unreliable. however, i don't think there's much hope of Lena coming back. and no, there has been no official word on the matter. sigh.

as for my favorite Irina moment... its tough to pick just one, because i adore her like whoa. any scene with Jack, from her confrontation in Cipher to her brainstorming with him in The Getaway to that kiss in ADT ;). the scene where she snaps at Sloane in TTT, and the rooftop scene in The Telling are also favorites. and the scene where she hugs Sydney outside too. see? i can't pick one! :P

It's doubtful she'll come back but that is not a known fact. I don't know if that's true. But i think its BS that Lena won't do Alias unless she gets big money but she'll do a movie direct to video called The Darkness! Geez....it just is really dumb not even for a guest star spot!

Fave Irina Moment: Syd and Irina are on the top of the open building and they start to talk and they hug and then the guys freak out and hit her over the head and force them to their knees and Syd and Irina are crying (all in S2 while Irina was in CIA custody!)

Isn't doing a movie more stable than shooting a couple of eps? Now, of course, if she'd signed on for the whole season and she lived in LA, she might actually be back. *shrug* Lena said she wanted to be with her family though, so.....

Fav Irina moment? I kinda have two.

1. When Syd and Irina hug, outside where there's snow flying around, when Irina's in a detention centre. *sniff* That was great! Then the guards make them both put their hands behind their heads. (Can't remember which ep though)
2. The toaster scene in "The Passenger, Part Two" where the whole Bristow family's being a "normal" family.

Katrina Halliwell said:
Isn't doing a movie more stable than shooting a couple of eps?
[Damn it, I can't resist speaking my mind.] This isn't a question of "what's more stable, movie or TV work?" She's already established the character--she signed on and acted in the role for one season. She has fans who won't accept anyone else in the role. And now, "apparently" [in quotes because I cannot know the full circumstances], she refuses to come back for one or two weeks of shooting (less than the requirements of a location shoot for a movie--which, BTW, she IS willing to sign up for) to have to courtesy to wrap up the arc of her character for her fans and her colleagues (leaving the production company out of it). Well, clearly she had no conception of the responsibilities that come with an important continuing character on a television series and she simply doesn't care that she's leaving everyone in the lurch. Frankly, all I have to say is, "Legally, she's right; ethically, she's an ass." It's unprofessional and inconsiderate. If she doesn't want to commit to the responsibilities of a television role, she should have known that going in and passed on the role. -_-

VH's response is pretty damn appropriate... I don't understand it either... Here's a woman who was given all of her demands and she still opted not to come back.... I was holding out hope that she would make some surprise appearance in season three, but that did not happen. I think that the writers were too... It just added more frustration to an already frustrating season... I know that I am one of those fans who do not want to see someone else come in and play the role.

Fav. Irina moment: The confrontation with Syd at the ice rink....

[Hoping not to be stoned . . .] At this point I'll take another actress just to see things wrapped up somehow. Having it come out that Katya or someone killed her offstage would be almost unbearable! :blink:

I'll leave the stones in the street, VH... :lol: You're right though -- If it comes down to it, I would like to see it wrapped up. And if it takes bringing someone else in to do it, then so be it. But, Lena's shoes would be hard to fill.

[Damn it, I can't resist speaking my mind.] This isn't a question of "what's more stable, movie or TV work?" She's already established the character--she signed on and acted in the role for one season. She has fans who won't accept anyone else in the role. And now, "apparently" [in quotes because I cannot know the full circumstances], she refuses to come back for one or two weeks of shooting (less than the requirements of a location shoot for a movie--which, BTW, she IS willing to sign up for) to have to courtesy to wrap up the arc of her character for her fans and her colleagues (leaving the production company out of it). Well, clearly she had no conception of the responsibilities that come with an important continuing character on a television series and she simply doesn't care that she's leaving everyone in the lurch. Frankly, all I have to say is, "Legally, she's right; ethically, she's an ass." It's unprofessional and inconsiderate. If she doesn't want to commit to the responsibilities of a television role, she should have known that going in and passed on the role.  -_- 

I love it when you speak your mind because I completely agree! I just think she's being really selfish, just one episode...PLEASE?!

I completely agree with y'all
it was totally wrong of her to take the part... obviously knowing it would be HUGE!! and then dumping us all,
and I totally feel like we are being strung along with her character and frankly i think that her "sister" is just making it worse... just reminding us over and over again that she's not coming back and frankly i've seen no real big reason for her there either.... i'd rather have mommy spy or no one,
I guess at this point i would take a replacement too, but it would physically hurt to get used to whoever it is and they better look a whole lot like lena olin or at least jennifer garner

verdantheart said:
[Hoping not to be stoned . . .] At this point I'll take another actress just to see things wrapped up somehow. Having it come out that Katya or someone killed her offstage would be almost unbearable! :blink:
I don't agree - everytime that a different actor takes the role of a character, it loses all sense of reality. Okay, so its TV and not all that real to begin with anyway, but you dont want that "sense" of reality stripped away. As unrealistic that Alias is in many ways, I still get wrapped up in the world every episode, and it takes me away because of the characters, the storylines and the drama... as well as the fact that feeling we take for granted that actors who play the characters they were assigned will play only their character - no one else.
Lena is perhaps being unprofessional and inconsiderate - I agree with that, especially with the fair point made regarding her signing on to movies but not taking time out to at least end her character's thread in the plot.
But in the end, IMO only, I would perfer to never see her character again and JJ and the writers writing around her absence. Difficult as that may be, and the IM on the computer through Jack is a poor example of keeping her in the show, there are ways around it and I'm sure the talented writers who come up with brilliant idea's for the show every episode can muster up something.
The only exception to this is someone who looks almost identical to Lena, which is always a possibility, but it would have to be a damn good lookalike.

awww that's too bad- i loved lena's character- i think they could have used her a lot in this upcoming season- she could have given the show the boost it needs

I'm going to miss Irina's character. She is such a cool Spy-mommy!
But if she has left the show I suppose that is her decision. The show won't be the same without her.
My fave Irina moment was when she was in her cell and she told Syd she loved her. It was so sad!

I am to the point with this only Lena Olin business that I just don't even know what to think anymore. There is so much stuff flying around....

All I know is that I (and pretty much everyone else) want her to come back!!! A LOT!!!

So when I see it, or never see it, then I will know.

Back