Season 2 Isn't that a caesarean scar?

Many famous actors started out on soaps. Also, there's already a soap aspect to Alias if you think about it--there's a fine line between high drama and soap opera; the difference is the quality of the writing, acting, and production. Personally, however, I would rather not see a kid--certainly not now!
;)

If a Syd/Vaughn child exists I don't think we'll know about him/her until way later.

I just get a bit suspicious when you see Syd & Vaughn together and then suddenly Syd "misses" 2 years and then I wonder if Phase One was part of someone's plan to ensure they got together. :blink:

Wouldn't it be a great twist if really Vaughn had been "brainwashed" (I forgot the right word), acting as a sleeper asset for the SVR with a similar brief to Irina - infiltrate the CIA and marry an agent. THAT would be creepy.

But Vaughn is too good for that to happen! (Not to mention too cute!) :P

I like the Syd/Sark theory tho. Nice twist.

DFTP

Usual_Lurker said:
Surely a caesarean scar means a baby. Who's?

Vaughn's? Or is it a perfect Rambaldi baby? Or even more bizarre, is Sark her son sent back in time using a time machine?

Actually that last one is a little absurd. But I'm sure there's a baby somewhere.
It couldn't have been a c-section scar because my mom had it when she had me and hers goes straight across right under her belly button and goes from almost one side of her waist to the other. The one Syd has is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy to small. It looks more to me like she got stabbed or something like that.

either way, i seriously doubt they would add a baby to the plot, it would make it seem less dramatic and more like vh said, like a soap opera

like aliasgirl47 said, it's the wrong size and place for a c-section scar. check the season 3 boards, the topic of syd's scar has been debated ad nausium over there and it's brought up some interesting theories. for the most part the baby theory has been vetoed though.

no way did she have a baby!!! that's sooooo unlike Alias. i think it would kinda ruin the show. (n) a cesarean scar would be in the middle and probably bigger. ....... but besides that, i really hope that it wasn't a baby!!!!

No, you guys are right, a C-section scar wouldn't be in that area, that's more her side than stomach.
What I'm thinking is that Syd underwent some kind of surgery. For what, I'm not sure...
I had a collapsed lung, and my scar is slightly smaller than the "mystery scar", and when she was pulling out the "never-ending-tube" out in that dream sequence... oh the memories...
But also, you have to look at the hospital-like setting of her dream/nightmare. That's gotta mean something...

Oh, unless the nightmare was a metaphor... I gotta stop now... I'm starting to sound ridiculous!

:cool: