Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it either... but then again... why should that surprise me? It's Jen... :lol:

That's the way she is and the way we love her... go girl :woot:

Although, as I can read it's a thriller and me's scared of thrillers... :P I'm a chicken :lol: don't laugh!

Whilst she probably wanted the time off, to be offererd a role in this movie is probably too great an opertunity to pass up so i don't blame her for taking the role.

Ya, I'm surprised too, because from what I've heard from her she's really wanted to just take time off and spend it with her daughter. I guess she must have really wanted this role though, lol. Should be good (y)

~Andrea :angelic:

woohoo! another film to look forward too!!! and it's going to have her doing some action!! and jamie foxx is in it!! oh boy does this make my day!! ha ha!! however i did think jg would have taken a bit more time off, like at least the entire summer!! but still this is great news!!

That totally goes against everything that Jen has said to this point about taking time off for mommyhood. Didn't she also say somewhere that her & Ben wouldn't be working at the same time?

Do we know where this new movie is going to be filming at? Maybe on the East Coast at least?

That totally goes against everything that Jen has said to this point about taking time off for mommyhood. Didn't she also say somewhere that her & Ben wouldn't be working at the same time?

Do we know where this new movie is going to be filming at? Maybe on the East Coast at least?
Actually Jen never said that she and Ben would never work at the same time, it was mentioned in a tabloid, OK (if I am not wrong), so a not too reliable source.
Anyway, her movie starts shooting in late June and Ben finishes his own movie in late July, so that's only one month, and they are going to be in the same country, so they can be together during week-ends, also we don't know if she will be required on set all the time. I think "The Kingdom" will be filmed in Arizona.
Sometimes, a project comes along that it's hard to turn down.

Life in a Post-Katrina world.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner and Cicely Tyson Among Movie Stars Touring New Orleans

Actresses Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner, right, applaud students during a visit to a school in New Orleans Monday afternoon May 8, 2006. The entertainers met with families and children who are trying to adjust to life after Hurricane Katrina. The group stopped at a newly opened "freedom School" one of 13 the Children's Defense Fund plans to open in Louisiana. (AP Photo/Bill Haber)
05-08-2006 6:03 PM
By STACEY PLAISANCE, Associated Press Writer

NEW ORLEANS -- In a gutted building with no interior walls, exposed pipes and no air conditioning to stave off the Louisiana heat, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner and Cicely Tyson chatted with children who had lost their homes, then watched as they sang, danced and worked on art projects.

The movie stars were among a delegation of women touring devastated parts of the city Monday to meet with families and children trying to adjust to life after Hurricane Katrina.

"I don't think you get a real clear perspective unless you come down and see it," Witherspoon said after chatting with students at a "Freedom School" set up by the Children's Defense Fund to help young storm victims.

"The children need attention right now," said Witherspoon, this year's best actress Oscar winner for "Walk the Line."

The visit was part of an effort by the fund to bring attention to the needs of storm victims, particularly traumatized children. The group plans to open more than 20 such schools in communities along the Gulf Coast: 13 for Louisiana and nine for Mississippi.

The New Orleans school is in part of the city inundated with 5 feet of water after Katrina hit Aug. 29. Many homes sit empty and deteriorating, and piles of storm debris still line sidewalks.

About 1.2 million people younger than 18 are living in areas rendered disaster zones by Katrina, and as many as 8 percent, or 100,000, are expected to develop post-traumatic stress disorder, according to various estimates.

Some experts say the mental health toll may be much higher. Of the first 1,000 children screened by the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 27 percent displayed symptoms of trauma, including nightmares, flashbacks, heightened anxiety and bedwetting.

"I've been shocked and heartbroken," said Garner, star of TV's "Alias" and the film "Elektra," who cried when the children danced and sang "Something Inside So Strong" by South African singer Labi Siffre.

Tyson greeted the children, then read to them.

"Let me tell you how happy I am to be here with you today ... to see you ... to hug you," said Tyson, who starred in "Sounder" and "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman."

The delegation of more than two dozen women from Hollywood, Washington and New Orleans chatted with students as they worked on art projects and read books in small groups. Listed participants included actresses Elisabeth Shue, Jane Kaczmarek, Holly Robinson Peete and LaTanya Richardson Jackson, wife of actor Samuel L. Jackson.

The delegation also met with displaced families living in a village of government trailers and took a bus tour of the Lower Ninth Ward, a struggling part of the city even before it was devastated by the storm.

High school and college students are trained and hired to work in Freedom Schools, which provide children with three meals a day, cultural and developmental activities, and conflict-resolution exercises.

from Megilly18 at Ben-Fan.com

From the Herald:

Ben films news he can use at Ch. 5 studios

“Gone, Baby, Gone” director Ben Affleck, his crew and a slew of local actors set up shop over the weekend in the WCVB-TV studios to shoot some faux news footage for his made-in-Mass. kidnapping mystery.

The Cambridge homey-Gone-Hollywood arrived veddy early on Saturday and started filming reports on missing children and sex offenders shortly after Channel 5’s weekend morning gals Rhondella Richardson and Shiba Russell went off the air.

One of the actors, Fox Sports Net anchor Gary Tanguay, we fear, is being typecast as a news reporter. He played a TV muckraker in the indie “Stiffs” a few months ago and now he’s graduated to the investigative big time!

“I had about six or seven lines and shot for about a half-hour,” the “Sports Tonight” titan told the Track. “It was a blast. Ben was really funny and seemed very much at ease and excited about the project. Of course, he’s a big sports fan.”

Ya think his ubiquitous Red Sox sweatshirt gave it away?

The footage, shot with ’CVB’s cameras, will be shown in various scenes where characters in the drama are watching the TV news. The scenes were shot on three different sets, including Natalie Jacobson’s own studio space.

And surprise, surprise, during the five-hour shoot, Ben’s wifey, “Alias” super sleuth Jennifer Garner, dressed in jeans, a T-shirt and no make-up, popped by the set, surprising the crew and ’CVB staffers.

“She stayed for a while to check on how he was doing and then left,” said Someone Who Was There. “She was lovely. I think she mentioned that ‘Alias’ wrapped just last week.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back