• Air Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• None

• Total voters
i think i would do the training for fun... :lol:

but i was just kidding about being an agent... i want to ba a relief worker ;)

i got better things to do than the army....dont get me wrong those peole are needed sometimes.

I may had to draft in though cause of the age thing but they abolished the rule so i got off the hook not to join

would you do it? i was asked to join....i'm not sure if i will......i think if i do, i'd try to be in the marines....i'm really concerned, but i need the money for college

This was already asked in Members Lounge a while back........

I stand by my answer...........<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>HELL NO!</span> :P

I'm not fighting for ANY country....kill myself or someone else. For what? Who the hell am I to say my country is right and yours is wrong? Then pump you full of lead?
I don't think so 🇳🇴

I am no governments tool :cool:

~~Spongy!

Army. I'm probably enlisting in the next 3 months. I've already taken and passed the ASVAB and DLAB, just got the physical left to worry about.

I'm not doing it to fight for my country or whatnot- I want the travel, the education, and guaranteed pay for the next 5 or 6 years- not many jobs offer that. ;)

In high school, I took the ASVAB's (I think thats what they're called) and did really well. The Army was in the process of trying to recruit me, then they found out I had asthma. So then, no deal. They were going to have me do something with linguistics which was going to be so interesting! Ah, I guess I wouldn't be in any of them now because none of them would probably have me!

hotpot said:
In high school, I took the ASVAB's (I think thats what they're called) and did really well. The Army was in the process of trying to recruit me, then they found out I had asthma. So then, no deal. They were going to have me do something with linguistics which was going to be so interesting! Ah, I guess I wouldn't be in any of them now because none of them would probably have me!
they wont take you if you have asthma? really? well, that rules me out then...my asthma's not too bad, but it's bad enough. you can do other stuff, can't you though? the only reason i'd join the military would be for the money to pay off college debt. But, I don't want to die for my countrty, especially if i dont believe in the cause of the war.

VaughnFan13 said:
hotpot said:
they wont take you if you have asthma? really? well, that rules me out then...my asthma's not too bad, but it's bad enough. you can do other stuff, can't you though? the only reason i'd join the military would be for the money to pay off college debt. But, I don't want to die for my countrty, especially if i dont believe in the cause of the war.
Yep, when the recruiter called me to set up a home visit he asked if I had any health conditions and I mentioned my asthma. He got all quiet and said and I quote 'Unfortunately that is a disqualifier...' He told me he was sorry and that was that. Maybe its not a disqualifier for all branches of the military, but I assume for the ARMY it is.

there's no way in hell i would join the military. the whole absolute authority thing doesn't sit well with me. and i have no desire to shoot and kill someone. however, that being said, i do admire the people who can and do join the military to serve their country. it's an admirable trait, i just couldn't do it.

hotpot said:
Maybe its not a disqualifier for all branches of the military, but I assume for the ARMY it is.
Yeah, it disqualifies for all branches. I've had asthma, but it's been at least 5 years since there's been a problem, so it shouldn't get in the way of me joining the Army.

Navy, most definetly. There's not much risk involved, but that isn't really the reason. I went to the naval academy this summer, just to visit, and its a lovely place, you all should visit some time. My father wants me to go there for college. :smiley: I want to be a psychologist for the navy, which isn't *really* joining it, but it's helping out a bit. You do what you can, you know? I don't think I'd be brave enough, which is why I respect the people who are brave enough so much. There's so much courage involved, leaving home, taking that risk (though there isnt much risk in the navy). I don't think I could do it. But, to quote General Patton, "I know some of you boys are worried about if you'll chicken out. Don't worry. When you put your hand in a pile of goo that a moment ago was your best friend's face... you'll know what to do."

Though the beginning might be a bit off. I haven't seen the movie in a big long while. :smiley:

No, I don't think so. I have considered it, but I don't deal well with the complete authority thing, I'm kinda independent. And I'm not brave at all. And, quite frankly, even though I myself wouldn't join, I am mad that the army won't allow women to have combat positions.

Back