Learning to Drive

I passed on 21st June 2006, So I haven't been driving long, it still feels weird sometimes, and I'm absolutely terrible at parking, but I swear once you've passed, it's like your whole driving goes downhill.

^OMG that's the day I PASSED MY LICENSE on the first try!!!! What a coincidence!!! And I HATE PARKING TOO! I usually tend to park where there are no cars so I won't crash a car haha!

I finally got around to learning!! I never really got around to it because we have a pretty good public transportation system, but I need an official ID and my parents refuse to pay 12 dollars for the California ID. My problems are changing lanes when there's lots of cars around and parking... And my aunt won't let me drive fast, so this chain of cars start get built up behind me and I get honked at... I'm only driving at the speed limit... -_-

I passed on 21st June 2006, So I haven't been driving long, it still feels weird sometimes, and I'm absolutely terrible at parking, but I swear once you've passed, it's like your whole driving goes downhill.

^^ I just got my license too and I can't park worth a damn either!!! Seriously, my parking ability is really really sad... not gonna lie

Me i have to wait another year intill next may when my brother turns 18 instead of in Feb when i turn 15 to get my permit so my bother can get a full license. but i have practing in parking lots with my dad

That's good... getting an early start. I'm 17 and i just got my license, so I'm definitely jealous that you're getting such an early start!

Tell me about it. My friends who were born a year after me got they license before me... now thats embarrassing. A good 50% of my yearbook signatures this year include something like "hopefully you'll FINALLY get your license this summer... but I wont hold my breath" I'm like "thanks guys"...

Even worse than that was the bumming rides off of people. With gas prices so high I always felt bad asking my friends for rides. It was especially hard because I have no money to offer to them as gas money in return for their rides...

Man I can't even begin to tell you what a relief it is to finally have my license

Just make sure you guys are careful when you're driving. Some people who are on the road shouldnt be allowed there...

After having my license for a little under two weeks I got into a huge accident yesterday that wasn't even my fault. Some stupid guy wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of me when I was stopped at a red light. The hit pushed me into two lanes of oncoming traffic and I got side slammed on the drivers side by two cars. I ended up with a concussion, 20 stiches, and 2 broken bones... On top of that, my car got totaled.

I just wanted to tell everyone this so that you wont forget how dangerous driving can be. It's amazing and totally freeing, but it can be so scary. Just be cautious...

Just make sure you guys are careful when you're driving. Some people who are on the road shouldnt be allowed there...

After having my license for a little under two weeks I got into a huge accident yesterday that wasn't even my fault. Some stupid guy wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of me when I was stopped at a red light. The hit pushed me into two lanes of oncoming traffic and I got side slammed on the drivers side by two cars. I ended up with a concussion, 20 stiches, and 2 broken bones... On top of that, my car got totaled.

I just wanted to tell everyone this so that you wont forget how dangerous driving can be. It's amazing and totally freeing, but it can be so scary. Just be cautious...

I agree sum ppl shouldnt be allowed on the road....hope ur ok now hun!

i am 15 now and i have to keep my room clean to get my permit and my brother never even got his permit and he is 18 and going into navy he is a little weired if you ask me.

for me i got my permit like two three months ago but ive onle got out to drive like twice. my permit is not actually valid until i get with the instructer for at least an hour which sucks so my six months havent started counting yet but its still nice knowing i have it. anyways i have to get my liscence for school. first i have zero and seventh period and im in a program where we leave school in the middle of the day and this year they took away the buses so i need to drive otherwise i cant go to the hospitals. sucks. im really scared though. oh well i hope i get better. its fun knowing that in months you will be getting more indpendence. no more asking mom for rides to the mall. lol

I like driving. :hehe: I got off the 6-month provisional thing a while back.. and I'm freeee! There's a lot of VERY stupid drivers out there though.

Me too! ^ LOVE your sig. so funny...yet so true!

...Everyone talks about how they have to take lessons or classes?? I just got my permit and started driving with my mom. Then when I turned 16, I got my license.

Some insurance agencies give you a discount on car insurance if you go through Drivers Education. It cost a lot, but I think its worth it. :smiley:

Back