Lena's accent

hmmm i think she has a slight accent but it's barely noticeable. it doesn't scream *swedish accent* but if you listen closely you will notice that she has a very minimal accent :smiley:.

OK, I can't hear any difference.. I think it's a bit embarrassing to speak to a native english speaker.. It feels like the one you are speaking to thinks: Oh my god, this sounds bad.. hehe

IsabellaOfSweden said:
OK, I can't hear any difference.. I think it's a bit embarrassing to speak to a native english speaker.. It feels like the one you are speaking to thinks: Oh my god, this sounds bad.. hehe
embarrassing? oh not at all. i think accents are sexy ;). well except for a few... :P.

i was thinking about her accent, because I was watching S2 and I was wondering if the accent was Lena's, or if it was for the character of Irina. Sometimes, she changed her voice when she was disguised as someone, and I couldn't tell if that was part of the alias (wow, it's actually a word! i forgot that :lol:smiley:, or if it was her natural voice that was used in the alias for Irina. does that make sense? :blink:

i hardly notice it all... actually, sometimes i never notice things until i think about it. i really dont' hear that much of an accent but sometimes i hear a really slight one on the show and sometimes when she's on late night shows or something. very slight accent. it's hardly recognizable

haha speaking of swedish accents, the scene where lena does the swedish accent on purpous (<-- i so did not spell that one right...) is hilarious! or at least to me since i know what the swedish accent sounds like...it has never hit me before that everyone can't know it's swedish. it's so clear to me.
obs obs i'm just talking about one scene, where they were on a mission! all in all i can only hear a very slight accent when lena speaks...

haha speaking of swedish accents, the scene where lena does the swedish accent on purpous (<-- i so did not spell that one right...) is hilarious! or at least to me since i know what the swedish accent sounds like...it has never hit me before that everyone can't know it's swedish. it's so clear to me.
obs obs i'm just talking about one scene, where they were on a mission! all in all i can only hear a very slight accent when lena speaks...

It's in truth takes time when she and Sark go to the genetic data base and steal the DNA info to find the DiRegno heart. She says, and I'm writing it as she pronounces it: "Small Skandinawewen Consurseeum" It is too cute.

pii_lena4ever said:
[post="918093"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(I'm swedish)

I went to this site ( Senaste inlägg ) where you can listen to alost clips where Sweden has been mentioned. I listened to when Lena said "I don't know where Sloane's gone, but Sark does. It doesn't have to be you, just make sure someone from the CIA goes to Välsmakande. Välsmakande! It's a club in Stockholm."
It sounded SO funny..:P
But "Välsmakande"??? A club in Stockholm named that? That's just really WEIRD. It kind of means "Welltasted" and it's so ridicoulos on swedish. most clubs in sweden has got some english name.
i mean..."Välsmakande". Sounds like a café for old people..Like..For my grandmother..:P

And me and my friends laughed SO, SO Hard when we listened to the clip where syd speaks swedish. it sounds really weird and scary.:P

I have been wondering a lot about Lena's accent. Since I'm swedish, I can't hear any accent cuz I KNOW how terrible swedish accent can sound like. i mean, I cannot believe that swedes can be so bad on english.;) (cuz i'm not:P)

Kjrsten said:
It's in truth takes time when she and Sark go to the genetic data base and steal the DNA info to find the DiRegno heart. She says, and I'm writing it as she pronounces it: "Small Skandinawewen Consurseeum" It is too cute.
[post="968597"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah and also when she says: Go to a club in Stockholm: Välsmakande. Välsmakande.
That's a swedish word for "tastes good" or something like that.. and the english subtitles says: Velsmorkande.. haha it's so funny for us swedes ;)

full_bLown_Rose said:
syd speaking swedish sounds funny. She sounds like she just swallowed helium or something
[post="1234710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i now that so not great. im swedhis so i now. but i guss i dont is mean to take this wrong :smiley:

she doesnt soudn american to me thats for sure when she says like S's its like a shhh kinda thing i think she sound really cool. i can mimic her, its hilarous to my friends, there like AAHHHHHHHH irina derevko!!! run! lmao.

Back