Loss Of My Heart

Disclaimer: Obviously I don't own Alias, because if I did Vaughn would still be alive and kicking. (Ass, that is...)
Title: Loss Of My Heart
Sumery: But I know for a fact that I'd wouldn't be breathing right now if I didn't have this child inside me.
Auther: Lanna D.

-----------------------------------------------------
Syd's POV

It's hard, I admit that. And I'm not just talking about everything I've lost. Everyone I've lost. Because I've lost a hell of a lot. Sometimes I have to check, make sure I'm still breathing... make sure I haven't lost myself yet. Because every time I lose someone, or something, I lose a piece of myself. Sometimes it's so small that it really doesn't matter, but usually, it's a big piece that hurts like hell.

When I lost Danny, I though that I wouldn't get over it. I lost a good chunk of my heart when I lost him. And I grieved the best I could, which is kind of hard when you're being jetted off to some foreign country every other day.

Then, I found out about SD-6. When I found out what they really were, I lost a piece of who I thought I was. A patriot, someone fighting for the good of her country. So when I found out that I was fighting against the very people I thought I was working for, it hurt.

When Noah came back I was confused. I still had those old feelings for him, obviously. But he'd hurt me when he just up and left. But I was happy to see him again, to be friends. And when he asked me to leave with him, I seriously considered it. It would have been so much easier then lying to everyone I loved. But then I found out who he really was. An assassin, someone who killed people for a living. And I killed him. But I think it hurt more to know that someone else I loved had betrayed me, lied to me.

And then my mother... a very complex woman. One minute she's shooting her own daughter, and the next turning herself in to the CIA. She claims to have loved me and my father, but if she really did how could she have just left like that? How could she have betrayed us, lied to our face again? Or kill those CIA agents, including Vaughn's father? But despite everything she did, I still love her. She is my mother after all. And I lost her not once, but twice. Only to find out that she was still alive...

Then there's Francie and Will. While I was working for SD-6 I both looked forward to seeing them, and dreaded it. Because being with them I was Sydney, their workaholic friend. Just a normal person, not a double agent for the CIA. But I hated lying to them. It didn't really matter though, because I lost them to my job anyways. True, Will is still alive, but he lost the life he'd always known. He lost his career, his family, everything. All because of this job. And Francie, she was the only innocent victim here. Will went looking into SD-6, even after I asked him not to. But Francie had not idea what I really did. And she died anyways. And I had no idea. I mean, I'm a spy for heaven's sake! I should have known that Allison wasn't Francie. But I didn't. And I didn't ever really get to grieve for Francie either.

And let me tell you, in things to be avoided, losing two years of your life is at the top. And it's not like I have any memory of the time. It's not like I remember anything that I did or what was done to me. And the fact that it wasn't the Covenant that took my memory... that it was me still gets to me. It would be bad enough to know that you've been missing for so long and come back to see that everyone has moved on, but to wake up thinking it's only been a day or two, at the most?

And in losing those two years, I lost the most important person to me. Michael Vaughn. It hurts to think that if I hadn’t lost Danny, I wouldn't have met Vaughn. Or if Danny had lived, we'd would have gotten married and made a life together. But I know that even if that had happened, I would have found out about SD-6 eventually. And I would have gone to the CIA, and met Vaughn anyways. I know that because I know that Vaughn and I were meant to be together. But I got him back eventually. Not before almost losing him to himself though. After Lauren, he got self-destructive. And just as we're getting back to normal, what ever that is, I lose him again. This time not to another woman or lost time. This time I lose him to a bullet. Or twenty bullets... one thing about Vaughn, he never does things half-assed, dying included.

And Nadia, my long lost sister. Why do all the women in my family have to try and kill me? Yeah, I get she was infected, but still my sister tried to kill me. I was so hopeful when the told me she had woke up. I just wanted to see her, talk to her. But I didn't even get to do that. I got there just as they were putting her under again. They say there's a very good chance she's not going to get better. So, I'm going to be losing my baby sister...

I just glad I still have my father. Yeah he's done a lot of questionable things over the years, and he can be a cold-blooded bastard sometimes. But I know that he loves me, in his own way. And everything he does is for me, to keep me safe. I'm happy that our relationship is getting better, that he's acting more and more like a father or grandfather now. I love my father, but it's nice to see him make mistakes sometimes. And not intelligence related either. Just something stupid, like putting together the crib and not being able to get it through the door.

Everyone thinks that I'm so strong, but I'm not. I've learned to compartmentalize a lot, but I know that I wouldn't be as strong as I am without everyone. Without Marshall's amusing rambling, without Dixon's fatherly support in and out of the field. Without this new friendship with Rachel, and without Tom's expertise in the field. Even without Sloane's expected betrayal.

But I know for a fact that I'd wouldn't be breathing right now if I didn't have this child inside me. When I lost her father I lost a lot of my heart, and she's holding what's left of it. And if anything happens to her... All I know is I will do anything and everything to make sure nothing happens to my baby, and I know her father would have done the same.

TBC when I get five reviews...

oh my gosh that was realy good

please make vaugh sonme back

and make nadia ok

make it how it should be on tv

can i please get a pm

update soon

~gracie~

-----------------------------------------------------

But I know for a fact that I'd wouldn't be breathing right now if I didn't have this child inside me. When I lost her father I lost a lot of my heart, and she's holding what's left of it. And if anything happens to her... All I know is I will do anything and everything to make sure nothing happens to my baby, and I know her father would have done the same.

It is a girl!
:D
this is an excellent fic! Can I have a PM?

Disclaimer: Is Vaughn alive and kicking yet? Didn't think so...
Author: Lanna D.
Sumery: But I still hate them, no matter how much I wish I didn't.

I'm weak when it comes to emotional pain. I'm strong enough to admit that, no matter how weird it sounds. The pain of losing someone I can handle, as long as I have someone to lean on. It's the other emotions that are hard to deal with. The hate and the self-loathing. Because no matter how much you loved the person who you lost, you still hate them, hate them for leaving you. Even if they had no choice in the matter.

When I lost my mother the first time, I hated her for leaving me. Especially after my father started pulling away. Because I didn't have anyone to do my hair, or play with my baby dolls with. And as I got older I hated her for making my father the way he is. He closed himself up after she died and I could never get him to open up again. Not until now, but I think it's more Isabelle's doing then mine. And then I found out that the mother I'd known, loved and hated had never really existed. That she was a terrorist who'd killed my daughter's paternal grandfather. The father of the man I love. And I hated her for that. For killing my mother all over again. Irina Derevko murdered my mother. Not in the usual way, but she killed Laura Bristow for both me and my father.

And even though he's never died, although he's come damn close, I hated my father for leaving me. For making me pretty much raise myself. I know he'd like to think that he had at least a little bit to do with the person I've become, but there's a selfish part of me won't let him. Every time we start getting close, I end up noticing more and more of my father in me. The good parts, the caring parts which I know are under his icy exterior somewhere. And that scares me, because if I have the good parts of him, then that means I have some of the bad too. Some goes for my mother. So when I see that, I bring up all the anger I have for him, remember all the things I hate about him. I remind him that I raised myself, that he really had nothing to do with it. And in the process I make us take five steps back in our relationship.

No matter how good of a friend he was, no matter how much I loved him, I can't help but hate Will on some level, too. Even though I know that it's mostly my fault that he got sucked into this world, I can't help but think that if he hadn't gone digging, if he had just left well enough alone, he probably would have been fine. At least for a while. But he did, and as a result he got captured, tortured, beaten. Scared for life, no matter how fine he said he was.

And Noah, well, he had it coming. He was an assassin; he killed people for a living. So it's his fault that I killed him. Because he didn't have to go through with the job, especially when he knew that SD-6 was after the guy. He could have just disappeared like he was planning, no, he should have. He was the bad guy in that fight, not me. And Danny should have been smart enough not to leave that message on my phone! I mean, I told him not to talk about it, then he goes and gets drunk and leaves the message of death on my answering machine! Part of me blames him, and part of me blames Martin Shepard, despite what he went through.

Despite the fact that she was infected with some screwed up virus, I still blame my sister for trying to kill me. My sister and my Aunt Eleana. My aunt who tried to end the world. And roped my sister in to being one of her freaky, zombie-like goons. And had her try to kill her own sister, half-sister, but sister no less.

And then there's Michael. I know he had no idea that he'd be shot behind that train, but if he had just left the whole Prophet Five thing alone my daughter would still have a father. And I'd still have my rock, my crying shoulder, my soul mate. My everything. But he didn't, and I lost him. And I hate him for that. I really do hate him, but nowhere as much as I love him. But if I could go back and change things I would. I wouldn't have brought him the watch; I wouldn't have helped him get that damn book. I would have insisted that he didn't leave the car, that we just go back home. Live as normal of a life as we could for our daughter. But I didn't, and he didn't, and I lost him.

But I hate myself more for hating them. It's not their fault, they had no idea that any of this would happen. But I still hate them, no matter how much I wish I didn't.

I've got two more chapters that I've already written, and then I'll write a new one after every new episode.
With this story I'm trying to stick to the plot line, these are just Syd's inner thoughts... but I am thinking about starting another story. I'll let ya'll know if I start it or not.

Lanna D. :angelic:

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias... see my other posts...
Summry: When is it going to be my turn?

AN: This is after the episode 'BOB'...

Syd's POV

Tonight my father almost made the list of the people I've lost. And, I know, I've almost lost him quite a few times, but this is different. Besides my baby, he is the family I have left. I mean, my fiancé is dead, my baby sister is in a medically induced coma, and my mother is who knows where. For all I know she could be dead... again.

And as much as I love my friends, if I had to chose between saving them or my father... I'd choose my father. I almost lost Dixon, Rachel and Tom tonight too. But it scares me more that my father was in danger. Usually I'm the one in the field, and he's sitting behind a desk at APO. Where I know he's safe.

But this little selfish part of me wished Sark had gotten pulsed by that bomb. Because every woman he touches dies. Both Alison and Lauren died. Not that I'm sad about that, because I'm not! I'm just scared for Rachel. I think she's becoming one of my best friends. It’s like having a best girlfriend and a little sister all rolled into one.

And right now, I don't think I'd be able to handle losing another one of my best friends. I've already lost Francie and Will. And then I lost Vaughn. And Weiss, even though he's still alive. It's just been really quite around here lately.

And lately I've caught myself wondering who's going to be next. Who is going to pay for knowing me? Who is going to walk out of my life next? Or even worse, when is my daughter going to pay for this? For being born into this life, for having me as a mother.

And when is it going to be my turn?

TCB...

Disclaimer: Vaughn kicked ass in this episode, so yeah... I own Alias. (I WISH!)
Sumory: I'm going to take them down for him... for Vaughn.

AN: This starts right after 'THE HORIZON' ends...

Ok, I don't freak often, but I'm freaking right now. I mean, I just went through one of the most bizarre interrogations, had several conversations with my dead fiancée, and I'm stranded in the middle of who-knows-where on this barge!

God, I seriously wanted nothing more than to stay on that island with Vaughn. Or even back in that cell in North Korea. I'm still a little in shock over everything here. But, of course, all I can think of is that I wasn't supposed to say yes. I told him to ask me on the beach. And I'm wondering where the hell the ring I was wearing went. I mean I get it was a hallucination, but still, it was a little weird. But the first memory I had, or wishful thinking I guess, when he walked into the door, it felt so normal. Like we were an actual couple. Not a grieving fiancée playing make believe in her head.

I still don't get what they wanted, whoever 'they' are. I mean, what did they want with that name? A name that's quite a few years out of date, too. But I do know one thing... if this “interrogation" in any way hurt my baby, that doctor and whoever was behind that mirror are going to wish that they never met me.

Speaking of the baby, I can't believe that Vaughn got to feel her kick, or that he wanted to name her Oscar, even if none of it was real. I know I'm never going to forget these little flashbacks. Like the one when he asked me if I was romantically interested in anyone. But seriously, if I told any civilian about any of this, they'd probably think I was crazy. Or maybe I should write a book about everything... it has best seller all over it.

But I love that fact that Vaughn didn't question me at all. He accepted what I said, and didn't tell me I was crazy. He's always been like that. He's always had an instinct about me. He believes in me, even when he's dead and the only place I can talk to him, touch him, kiss him is in my dreams.

'They' better watch out. Cause I'm not just doing this to protect my daughter anymore. I'm going to take them down for him... for Vaughn.

________________________________________________________________________________
____
TBC after next new episode....

Back