Lost to LotRO

blur

Cadet
Well folks, even though I was in LotRO closed beta and thought the game was OK, it didn't get me buzzing. Fast-forward to the recent open beta, with 20-odd Crescent Order members running riot, and I couldn't get enough. I am totally addicted. You've probably been wondering where I've been. I'm seriously wondering whether I can play a game like EQ2 or HJ again, with lore that's not a patch on Tolkien's world. And no, I'm not a Tolkien fanboy at all... I like the stories a lot, but I'm not one of those nutcases you see who tries to learn Elvish, etc, either. So, yeah... that's where I'm at for now...

I'm seriously wondering whether I can play a game like EQ2 or HJ again, with lore that's not a patch on Tolkien's world.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but hopefully EQ2 and HJ will have very, very little in common. So little, that the only thing you can say about them is that they're both fantasy MMOs.

Play HJ.. again? When have you played HJ? hehe

Yeah, yeah, very funny you :smiley:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but hopefully EQ2 and HJ will have very, very little in common. So little, that the only thing you can say about them is that they're both fantasy MMOs.

Ah, you're still in the first bloom of love for HJ. Enjoy it while it lasts.

...with 20-odd Crescent Order members running riot, and I couldn't get enough. I am totally addicted.
It would be very difficult, I would think, not to have fun with almost any game with that many peeps. Glad you found something current that you enjoy. That's the important part.

I don't think you can quit a game you haven't started yet XD Hehe

I'm going to be playing Pirates of the Burning Sea soon, but you can bet when HJs out I'll be there.

Best of luck in LoTR, if it weren't a Tokien game and weren't so popular I'd likely try it :smiley:

I would try to play it, but since I don't even have a job and only get $5 an allowance a week, I'll only be able to afford playing one mmorpg, so i've decided to try Hero's Journey when it comes out. If you check my profile, I'm only 14 years old so I'm not old enough to have a job yet, and i'm about to just get done with my freshman year.

Huh..In my state, you can start working at 14. It's only small jobs like being a busboy/busgirl though. I was also a dishwasher at that age.

Well, I probably could get one, but i'd rather get a job that would pay well instead of taking alot of time only to get a small amount of money. Of course, i'm not sure how much they pay around here since I haven't really paid attention, but i'm sure it's not that much.

Well, I probably could get one, but i'd rather get a job that would pay well instead of taking alot of time only to get a small amount of money. Of course, i'm not sure how much they pay around here since I haven't really paid attention, but i'm sure it's not that much.

Just look up your state's minimum wage. That's what you would get.

It's 14 in my home state (MO) but only with a permission/license thing and there's a lot of rules about what and how many hours an extreme minor can work. There's also lots of jobs those under 18 are bared from, including things that involve knives just as prep cook or even dishwasher. Fast food, or cashier would be your best bet, or theatre work. In MO they're also not required to pay you min. wage, since you're obviously not living off it. That's the only state have experience with minors working however, it's likely different from state to state.

Frankly? It's good to enter the job market as soon as you can, even a small ten hour a week job gives you a background. The worst thing is being in college or even wanting to move out on your own and not being able to find -any- job because no one wants to hire someone with zero work history. Plus, wouldn't a few hundred dollars spending money a month be nice? :D

Maybe my state is weird..Or maybe the cops turned a blind eye, hehe.

I was actually working a little before 14..maybe a year or so, but I looked enough like 14 and it was in my grandmother's restaurant. They just kept me in the kitchen for the most part, cleaning dishes. I might not be the best judge after all. I just know, even at 16, the work places still would not be allowed to go beneath minimum wage on me here, but here it's more normal for a kid not yet out of high school to be helping with family finances.

Can't wait until the minimum wage is finally enforced to 7 an hour..*squees*

Well, I know one of my friends work at the concession stand at the local park where everyone plays and practices basaeball. So, that's pretty much the only job I could think of right now. Most people just wait until they can drive to earn money though, and that's still 11 months to me if I pass my permit test and my driver's test.

Why? So prices can go up?

Tell me about it. I believe the minimum wage in California is around $7.45 or something like that (it is definitely over $7) and the cost of living here is insanely high.

Businesses always push the costs of increased wages to the consumer. Minimum wage goes against key economic ideas and can negatively impact the market. It's mainly done for social reasons, which is ironic since ultimately the cost of living goes up with the wages so there is really no gain.

Now that is a sidetrack topic if I ever saw one.

Which reminds me, how is the new "economics" in Lotr? Last I saw was the devs made it Much Much harder to earn even enough to buy a skill, but that was before the pre-order/open beta.

I don't think you can quit a game you haven't started yet XD Hehe

I'm going to be playing Pirates of the Burning Sea soon, but you can bet when HJs out I'll be there.

Best of luck in LoTR, if it weren't a Tokien game and weren't so popular I'd likely try it :smiley:

Ditto. I'll be playing PotBS too... until HJ... I hate Aini though, she just has to throw a link at me and I'm hooked it seems.

Just kidding, I love her. <waves a hand behind his back to send his army of ants after her picnic>

Tell me about it. I believe the minimum wage in California is around $7.45 or something like that (it is definitely over $7) and the cost of living here is insanely high.

Businesses always push the costs of increased wages to the consumer. Minimum wage goes against key economic ideas and can negatively impact the market. It's mainly done for social reasons, which is ironic since ultimately the cost of living goes up with the wages so there is really no gain.

True, but at least there will be a small point in time where people aren't being kicked out of their houses. Now would be the perfect time to become a slum lord.

And on the subject of link throwing...

I never do it. Nope. I don't hook people on to games at all. I'm innocent.

Back