Love, Your Best Friend

UPDATE TIME :woot: . Thanks for all the wonderful replies last time, guys. I love them and please respond this time as well. Hope you like this chapter :D

Chapter 13

Nadia,

You’re the only person that I can think of to ask for help. I desperately need it, obviously. Syd would talk to you if something was bothering her. It hurts me to know that she can’t talk to me about her problems anymore, like she always use to, but I guess that’s because this time I’m the one who hurt her. I still can’t believe that. I’ve never hurt Sydney in my life. Well, there was that one time I accidentally tripped her, but that was more so funny, and I know this is not funny. This is a serious fight we’re going through, and I truthfully have no idea how to fix it. I’ve never had to do anything like this before. The thing preventing me from actually attempting to repair this whole mess is that I’m not one hundred percent sure what I did exactly. I mean, I understand that she’s upset that I now have a girlfriend, and that the two of them were not introduced in the best way ( no thanks to me), but I just don’t see why that would have such an effect on her. Not this big, at least. Nadia, I need you to tell me what to do, or at least guide me. I can’t lose my best friend, and I need your help in preventing something like that from ever happening, Nadia.
-Michael

“Sydney Anne Bristow!” Sydney poked her head out of her door when she heard her sister calling for her using her full name in a very stern manner.

“What?” she asked, stepping out into the hallway to see her sister waving a piece of paper over her head.

“This has gone on long enough. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, what is wrong with you?”

“Nadia, what are you talking about?”

“What do you think I’m talking about? Maybe the fact that my sister is absolutely depressed and is not doing anything about it. The poor guy is literally dying, Syd. He doesn’t know what to do, and frankly I don’t blame him!”

Without a word Sydney turned away from Nadia, not wanting to hear the rest of what her sister was going to tell her. She didn’t need to stick around for what she already knew Nadia would say.

“Sydney Bristow, don’t walk away from me! You have to hear this. It’s for your own good, you know?” Nadia finished her sentence as Sydney slammed the door and fell back against it. She knew to the outside world her reasoning for pushing away her best friend was insane, but to her it made perfect sense. If he really was her best friend then he would know how to fix their broken relationship, but after a week of not speaking to eachother she was beginning to fear that maybe Vaughn never truly knew her at all.

Michael,

Yes, my sister is being her stubborn self, but of course you already know that lovely quality about her. However, despite being mad at her because of her decisions regarding your fight, there’s a part of me that can see where she is coming from. I know you want me to help you with this, and I would if I could, but I’m not you. She keeps telling me that you would be able to fix it if you really knew her. I think you simply need to talk to her. She wants you to be the one to make the first move. She’s crazy, I know, but you know that, too. I hope you guys are able to solve this stupid little fight soon, because if you two can’t stay friends then what hope is there for us in the rest of the world?

Vaughn has signed in

Vaughn: Syd?
Vaughn: Sydney, please talk to me…

Syd has signed off

“That was a little harsh,” Nadia said as she watched her sister deliberately ignore Vaughn. Sydney turned around on her computer chair.

“You don’t understand, Nadia.”

“How the hell am I ever going to understand if you don’t explain it to me?”

Sydney stood up abruptly. “I CAN’T EXPLAIN, NADIA, OKAY? IT’’S UNEXPLAINABLE!”

Nadia stopped painting her nails when she heard her older sister yelling. “Okay, I suggest you get this whole thing together soon, because you’re going to start losing even more friends if you don’t fix this.”

Nadia walked out, leaving Sydney standing stupidly in the middle of the room wondering what exactly had made her become so upset with the only person she really had at the moment.

“Sydney, phone,” her mom called up the stairs.

“Who is it?”

“It’s Sarah,” her mom said, naming one of the girls Sydney hung out with sometimes if she wasn’t with Michael. She eagerly picked up the phone, wanting to talk to someone who most likely wasn’t going to pressure her about the “Michael” situation, as her family had deemed it.

“Hey!” Sydney said.
The line was silent.

“Hello? Sarah, are you there?”

The line remained silent. “It’s not Sarah.”

Upon hearing the voice on the other end Sydney had the overwhelming urge to slam the phone down, but she refrained from doing so. There was no harm in listening to what Vaughn had to say.

“Syd, are you there?” he asked, timidly, fearing that she would yell him, which wasn’t a bad assumption on his part.

“What?” This was not going to be an overly personal phone conversation. Answering in one or two words was her goal.

“Thanks for not hanging up.” He laughed slightly. “I want to say I’m sorry.”

“You’ve already said that,” Sydney told him, already breaking her rule of one or two word sentences.

“I did, didn’t?” She could sense that he was slightly nervous, which made her feel somewhat bad. She didn’t want her best friend to fear her, but she didn’t know what she could do to soften her tough demeanor.

“You don’t get it, do you?” Sydney asked.

“I want to.”

“I can’t tell you what to do, Vaughn.”

“You never had a problem doing it before,” he said, attempting to make a joke to lighten the mood.

Sydney had the urge to laugh, and would have in most circumstances, but she knew she couldn’t.

“You have to figure it for yourself. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you were my best friend you would know.”

“Sydney, I don’t even know what I did wrong. How can I fix that?”

“You don’t know what you did wrong?” Sydney asked in a slightly disbelieving tone.

“No, I don’t. Well, I understand that you’re upset about the whole Lauren thing.”

Sydney interrupted him. “Vaughn, it’s the fact that I feel…I don’t even know. Maybe I don’t have a reason for being mad at you. Maybe it’s not you I’m mad at. Maybe it’s her.”

Vaughn could hear the tears in her voice.

“Lauren?”

He couldn’t see her, but he somehow knew that she had nodded her head.

“Why are you mad at Lauren, Syd?” he asked as gently as he could, not wanting to upset her anymore.

“Because she’s got you,” she said, barely above a whisper.

“Syd, you’ll always be my best friend no matter what.” He wanted to tell her that she meant more to him then she would ever know, but he knew she didn’t reciprocate those feelings back so he kept his mouth shut.

“How do I know that, Michael? I’m jealous.” She wished she was able to tell him about her true feelings regarding their relationship, but her mind wouldn’t let her, despite the screaming of her heart.

“You’ve got nothing to be jealous of, Syd. I’m sure we’ll be able to get over this. We just have to really try, and I’m positive with time you’ll actually really like Lauren. She’s a good person.”

Sydney didn’t respond at first, knowing it was impossible that her Lauren were ever going to get along, but she did hope that she and Vaughn would be able to figure out the whole jealousy problem.

“This fight has got to end, Syd. I can’t stand not talking to you. We will get over it, and I believe that the three of us will all get along just fine."

Sydney sighed.

Boy is Michael Dumb! haha BUt of course he is a man, and men never understand anything. I can understand why Sydney doesn't want to say anything to him.

texasalias

Argh. They are just too stubborn for their own good. Wonder who will give up first...
And Lauren should just go back to France. I'm sure someone ther misses her :confused:

Oh, for God's sake! Either have Vaughn figure it out, Sydney get off her butt and tell him or have Nadia tell him. The stupid guy is toally clueless. Unless, there is a sign right in front of his face saying, "Sydney loves you and wants to be your girlfriend," Michael will never get it.

Personally, I think Nadia needs to go behind Sydney's back and either tell him, or tell Eric what is going on. Then have Eric clue him in. Eric isn't going to slip cryptic messages to him to figure out like a woman does. A man comes to the point, "Dude, she loves you and you keep waiving Lauren in her face. Of course she's going to be jealous and pissed! Wouldn't you be if you were in her shoes?" It might not solve the problem but at least Michael will know what it is.

And as I said before, the way the situation is right now, it's obvious that Michael doesn't have any romantic feelings toward Sydney. If he had, he would never had asked Lauren to be his girlfriend.

And speaking of Lauren. If Michael was in France for only a month, wouldn't that be the case for Lauren being in the U.S.? Or is she living with Michael's family and going to go to school?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

The three of us. Tsk tsk... He so doesn't get it.

The problem here is definitely Michael thinking Sydney only likes him as friend and therefore he not being able to tell her his true feelings but seriously? How can he not at least suspect that she likes him after this whole ordeal?

awwwwhhhhh omg he is so blind,she loves him

they have to get togther soon coz im dyin here lol

update soon, thx for the pm

He can't seriously be that stupid?!
She just admitted that she's jealous and he doesn't know why?!
Ugh! I'm with Syd, if he was really her best friend he wouldn't be such a dumbass and would've figured it out already!

PS: Great update!

Back