MAD magazine

iheartalias

The Holinator
the May 2004 issue of MAD magazine has an illustrated picture of Sydney on the cover and a 5 or so page comic parody inside...even though it makes fun of the show, I think it's all in good fun and I actually found it rather comical... ;) :D

Most TV shows take parody as a form of flattery. After all, it shows that they're paying enough attention to know what to make fun of. I remember when MAD TV did a Felicity parody, J.J. Abrams and Co. sent the entire cast cookies. They said they'd never gotten cookies for making fun of someone before. ^_^

I really want to see the magazine, but I hope someone will put up scans sooner or later.

exactly what i said! i would take it as flattery as well, because you know that the people have to watch Alias in order to parody it so closely ;)

the cover can be seen here: WarnerBros.com | Landing

but inside there is a whole comic done about it, and it's really great... ^_^

Even when the MAD magazine artists parody her, they still manage to make Sydney/Sinly look hot. :syd1:

I also got a kick out of the parody names they used for some of the Alias characters:

Vain (Vaughn)
Stoned (Sloane)
More-shrill (Marshall)
Borin (Lauren - pretty accurate!) :lol:

Scroll a few posts up to shopgirl1968's post - it has a link to the MAD parody at VartanFan.com (every page is included). ;)

Back