Season 5 MAJOR NEWS!

yeah, i doubt MV would waste his time by coming back for flashbacks or as a ghost, no offense but that just sounds so ridculous if he comes back as a ghost. This reminds me of when Spymom was coming back last season, everyone thought it would be flashbacks cuz there was no way she could be alive and well, we all know how that turned out. So we just have to sit back and wait, there's nothing else we can do.

oh and we don't know how many episodes MV will be in, so we can't just assume a number until we know for sure.

If it's true that Michael Vartan is coming back do you think he'd agree to come back as a ghost? Personally, I don't think so. Right now he's in control. If he thinks the way they wrote Vaughn's come back was ridiculous, he could tell ABC just to stick it where the sun don't shine. That's why I think his appearance is as an alive Vaughn and will be in current time, not as a flashback.
that's hilarious and so true! I hope he would do that if they tried to bring him back to appease the angry fans, but tried to screw him and his character in the process.

Okay - I know the disgruntled fans are disgruntled. I know they're holding their high moral ground by not watching the show, which I respect.

But, gosh darn it, I'm STOKED. I agree - the way it went down sucked. But I'm willing to forgive and forget to get Vaughn back. <3

not only did i SPAZZ/SQUEAL so much when i heard this, i sort of hurt my foot from jumping around so much.

i think i'll sob happiness tears later.

:sideroll:

Statement from Jodi

I have spoken with my source and they have confirmed that Michael is on the set and will be shooting one episode. They also confirmed that this was a last minute decision, and shooting had to be rescheduled due to Michael's schedule, and as they had told me earlier, it was not TPTB original decision to have MV appear.

They have also confirmed that Michael, after considering many options which came his way after shooting the first episode of Alias this season, has decided to sign on for an action/adventure movie which will be shooting in Australia. According to my source it will be taking him out of the country for the next several months, so as far as Alias goes, this episode seems to be it.

As far as the campaign is concerned, all is going forward. The bottom line is, it was not Mr. Vartan's decision to end his contract with Alias and one appearance does not make up for the lack of regard shown to both him and the fans by Disney, ABC, Touchstone and Bad Robot.

Thank you,
Jodi

Let's face it, TPTB are reading the ratings and they know they made a HUGE mistake. They'll make an even bigger one if they bring MV back as Casper the friendly ghost. It was bad enough they discounted fan loyalty to MV, it would be an even bigger insult to tease us with MV flashbacks or an MV that exists in Sydney's memory only.

Show him in hiding, with a veiled promise that he'll reappear in what will undoubtedly be the final episodes of a series which started off with great promise. His reappearance as an alive MV will prevent the final episodes from being a plain "thud." Of course, the reappearance of SpyMommy would be a reward to the die hard fans who have stuck with Alias through Thick (Seasons 1 & 2) and very Thin (Seasons 3 & 4). That being said, I hope TPTB have enough sense to treat Alias fans with some respect, as opposed ot how we have been treated for the past 2 seasons. Otherwise, an early finale in December wouldn't be a bad idea. "They shoot horses, don't they?"

Gotta agree with Jodi. Like I said before this just makes me madder because there was no intention of bringing him back. Obviously the buzz about unhappy fans and the ratings made them rethink their decision.

I will not be watching the episode that he returns in (as well as any other season 5 episodes), because honestly my unhappiness goes so much deeper then them killing MV off.

or what if they bring him back like the brought back lauren in season 4..... still dead! i will be sooo angry and sad at the same time

at least if they brought him back in flash backs it would still be hot vaughn action!

Ugh. Sorry guys, but I don't share your enthusiasm.

I love Vaughn/Vartan, always have and was upset with the way things went down. But as we've heard they were trying to get him back at the last minute. The reason for this? Because they realized that they had really mucked things up and wanted a quick fix, so instead of keeping him dead, they bring him back. It just shows a level of incompetence (in my opinion). It shows that they never had any intention of bringing him back, until so many people were upset by him leaving.

So, as much as I love Vaughn/Vartan, I will continue not watching, and not turn in for his time on screen.

I don't agree. I think everything has been planned out from the beginning. JJ knew this would upset fans, everyone loves Vaughn, and woudn't want him to leave. I'm gald that there is some hope that he may be coming back, but I hope it is not something stupid like he literaly came back from the dead, lol :blink: .

~Andrea :angelic:

This is a greatest news to all Michael Vartan Fans :D.... We DID IT :woot:

Michael Vartan Returns to Alias
Source: TV Guide, E! Online October 19, 2005

ABC's Alias could use a boost, as the show has dropped down to 70th place (7.2 million) for the week ended Sunday, per Nielsen Media Research.

Fans have been very vocal about the studio's decision to move the Jennifer Garner spy series to Thursday nights, where it's up against such shows as Survivor, and the producers have heard complaints about the sudden departure of Michael Vartan, whose character Michael Vaughn was supposedly killed in the season five premiere.

That boost might have come, with TV Guide's Ask Ausiello reporting that Vartan is back on the set:

Anyway, yes, there is a major — major — development on the Vartan/Vaughn front: The deal officially closed late last week and Vartan returned to work on the Alias set yesterday. Please don't ask me who he's playing or how long his return engagement will last, because that I can't tell you. (Mostly 'cause, well, I don't know.)

Now, if the studio would just move it back to Wednesdays after Lost, everyone would be happy.

ComingSoon.net - New Movies, Movie Trailers, TV, Streaming, Anime & Video Game News

http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

Wow. They actually listened to us.

I hope Mr. Vartan realizes what incredibly loyal and loving fans he is. I know I'd be in heaven if I were in his shoes.

Exactly, I'll be that much more infuriated if they bring him back as a ghost! That just proves that fact that they had not intended to bring him back at all. So now they're trying to appease MV's fans by bringing him back as a ghost?? How awful is that??

Come on, no one seriously believes they will bring him back as a ghost. The X-files this isn't. Flashbacks I can see, but ghost, no...

i kno!! omg!! yay!!!! i just found out on spoilerfix.com!!! im so happy.....but this doesnt mean that he's alive..it culd be like a flashbak or sumtin...but then again this is alias :P :cheers:

I'm hyperventilating right now. this is soooooooooooo Great. Guess they realized the big boo they did and ask MV to come back.

Do you guys think that after the hiatus at the end of November, they will move Alias back to Wednesday night after Lost? Hope so.

We did
it!!!!! :happydance: :coolthumb: :groupwave: 🤤 :clap: :tvhappy: :vaughn1: 👍 :band: (y)

:smiley:

CJ

Personally I think people will be even more irrate if they bring him back as a ghost. That would prove he is actually dead. Hello? Not likely. Anyway, I think this is a pretty pathetic effort to get us all to watch again. I'm so disappointed in how the entire JJ/VBR/TPTB team for all of this. I feel it is just too little too late.

Personally I think people will be even more irrate if they bring him back as a ghost. That would prove he is actually dead. Hello? Not likely. Anyway, I think this is a pretty pathetic effort to get us all to watch again. I'm so disappointed in how the entire JJ/VBR/TPTB team for all of this. I feel it is just too little too late.

I am so with you. That's why I will not be watching, as much as I love Vartan. Alias has just lost all it's luster for me...and not just because of his death. I feel that this was haphazardly thrown together at the last minute to appease the fans...well, it didn't appease this fan.

Back