Season 5 MAJOR NEWS!

This is what I think about this....
First thing...I am soooooo happy but I agree with everyone
that said it would be really lame to have him come back as a ghost
That would be almost worse than not having him back at all.

I also agree that they're doing this just to make the fans happy
and boost ratings. It's quite obvious that this totally back fired on them
and they needed to do something.

Going with the "vaughns still alive" theory, I'm thinking they'll have him
back for one episode now. Maybe just to tease us and reveal that he's alive
and hiding out. MV will go off and film his movie for a few months while JG
is on maternity leave and with any luck, when they start filming the second
half of the season, he'll be free to do some more episodes.

Okay - I know the disgruntled fans are disgruntled. I know they're holding their high moral ground by not watching the show, which I respect.

But, gosh darn it, I'm STOKED. I agree - the way it went down sucked. But I'm willing to forgive and forget to get Vaughn back. <3
Thank you. You found words to say what I have been thinking!!! Regardless of why they are bringing him back, I am just so glad to hear thi snews.

Personally I think people will be even more irrate if they bring him back as a ghost. That would prove he is actually dead. Hello? Not likely. Anyway, I think this is a pretty pathetic effort to get us all to watch again. I'm so disappointed in how the entire JJ/VBR/TPTB team for all of this. I feel it is just too little too late.

Word.

Ooh, I'm so happy right now! ^_^ This totally made my day. Even though I still think writing him off the show without intentions of bringing him back was a huge mistake, I'm just thrilled he's back :smiley: Even if it's just for a few episodes. As long as there's a hope of a happy ending for Sydney and Vaughn's story, I'm satisfied.

Personally I think people will be even more irrate if they bring him back as a ghost. That would prove he is actually dead. Hello? Not likely. Anyway, I think this is a pretty pathetic effort to get us all to watch again. I'm so disappointed in how the entire JJ/VBR/TPTB team for all of this. I feel it is just too little too late.

You got that right!

From what I understand he will only be back for one episode. That isn't enough for me to watch again.

I'm with you!

have you seen the way him and syd act together..the looks..and the desk! tom grace does not have a profile on any of the websites..but the new girls do...maybe it is one of those mask things, like in season 3. i don't know, but i really believe that tom grace has something to do with vaughn...why else would jack be so adamit about recruiting him..if jack was that interested in recruiting him, then there is DEF something else going on,.

This news just made my day, im so happy to hear Michael Vartan will be back i don't really care how long right now im just happy he decide to come back. :D

have you seen the way him and syd act together..the looks..and the desk! tom grace does not have a profile on any of the websites..but the new girls do...maybe it is one of those mask things, like in season 3. i don't know, but i really believe that tom grace has something to do with vaughn...why else would jack be so adamit about recruiting him..if jack was that interested in recruiting him, then there is DEF something else going on,.

Anything seems possible. If anything romantic for Tom is coming into play, it seems that the likely candidate is the new girl Rachel. It could be the best way for the producers to salvage any hope of continuing Alias with new lead characters since JG is highly unlikely to return after having her baby.

By the way, as a huge MV fan, I'm offended that while ABC continues to have bios for Greg Grunberg and Mia Maestro at their official Alias site, MV's was removed the day following the airing of Season 5, Episode 5. If they were doing "housekeeping", they should have been consistent and removed both GG and MM who are, at best, recurring. This inconsistency speaks volumes.

omg, he really returing im so happy!!! that made my day!! im so excited that he will b back i can't wait to c wut he does or how syd finds him!!!

Okay this is totally just speculation but heres my theory. Vaughn never died it was just a set. I read on spoilerfix that jack and dixon are up to something that would tear syd up it also said that weiss might be in on it so could it be that vaughn is alive and they are just hiding him and syd doesn't know about it? just theory.

Ugh. Sorry guys, but I don't share your enthusiasm.

I love Vaughn/Vartan, always have and was upset with the way things went down. But as we've heard they were trying to get him back at the last minute. The reason for this? Because they realized that they had really mucked things up and wanted a quick fix, so instead of keeping him dead, they bring him back. It just shows a level of incompetence (in my opinion). It shows that they never had any intention of bringing him back, until so many people were upset by him leaving.

So, as much as I love Vaughn/Vartan, I will continue not watching, and not turn in for his time on screen.

I feel the same way as you. I think it was terrible how ABC treated Michael Vartan and just got rid of him because of JG - and make no mistake it was because of her. You all can deny it to kingdom come, and rant and rave that JG is such a sweetie. And I know, I'm breaking a cardinal rule by dissing and saying anything bad about "Saint Jennifer" and it's rumor and conjecture, blah blah... [yes, you are. And since you knew that AND DID IT ANYWAY, enjoy a 7 day vacation.] -Jinnie

The problem was ABC underestimated the popularity of MV and Vaughn. They actually thought everyone tuned in to see JG. So, the audience has spoken and it shows in the numbers. The execs are scrambling to get their fans back, realizing they screwed-up - it all leaves a sour taste in the mouth. I guess it wasn't all JG that made people watch. The sad thing, Michael still got treated horribly. Now tell me, who did who wrong?

And that's my feelings.

Didn't Ausiello hint last week that any return could be as a ghost? This way he returns, but stays dead; since he'll only be back for 3 eps or less.

Agree with the consensus here - ghost would be the lamest thing ever. Besides it's not very Alias-like. The closest to a ghost they got was Sloane's sightings of his wife. It's much more Alias to bring someone back from the dead . . .

or to give them massive plastic surgery. I think this theory is extremely unlikely, but it does have some limited appeal. Very limited though . . . I've been watching JG and MV for four years as *on screen* romantic partners . . . seeing Syd kissing somebody who looked lik BG but was supposedly Vaugn would be kind of weird.

Anything seems possible. If anything romantic for Tom is coming into play, it seems that the likely candidate is the new girl Rachel. It could be the best way for the producers to salvage any hope of continuing Alias with new lead characters since JG is highly unlikely to return after having her baby.

I agree with that. Tom and Rachel could be a nice romance, and it seemed like the obvious choice to me when I found they were picking a new lead female and male character. I like the new characters so far; I wouldn't even mind if they continued Alias with them after this season, since I also think JG's unlikely to stick around.

By the way, as a huge MV fan, I'm offended that while ABC continues to have bios for Greg Grunberg and Mia Maestro at their official Alias site, MV's was removed the day following the airing of Season 5, Episode 5. If they were doing "housekeeping", they should have been consistent and removed both GG and MM who are, at best, recurring. This inconsistency speaks volumes.

Or maybe it just means that he isn't actually gone. Somebody pointed out on the mockingbird forum that the pages haven't actually been taken down. The *links* have been taken down but the pages are still up.

You can get to his CIA bio via this link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/alias/profiles/cia_vaughn.html

and actor bio via this link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/alias/profiles/actor_vartan.html

I think they are just trying to amp up the hype. After all, J.J. has a thing about killing off characters. In LOST he justified killing Boone by saying he needed to keep the stakes real, and in an interview included on the LOST dvd he said he had originally planned on killing of Jack Shepard (arguably THE main character of LOST, for those who don't watch) in the second episode of the series, but when he circulated the two-part pilot to some close friends they said killing off the Jack Shepard character was a huge mistake. So J.J. seems to have a thing about wanting to include death of main characters on the show.

There's no doubt it was a pretty crappy strategic move and a pretty crappy way to deal with the second most important character on Alias. But it doesn't mean it's permanent.

Well, I'm glad he's back on set I can't wait to see the episode. You can see some footage of he and Jen at work <<HERE>>

It's the first vid on the page.

Did they honestly think people would be ok with killing off Vaughn.
People went crazy in Season 3 when they married him off the evil spawn.

They should avoid "ghost" Vaughn a together... Somebody made a boo-boo at
ABC.

They should avoid "ghost" Vaughn a together... Somebody made a boo-boo at
ABC.

I think you spoke too late. Its seems that's exactly what T (you-know-what) PTB are going to do. I don't think they have a clue what they want to do with what once was an excellent show!

That would be so, so, so sad! I don't really think JJ would do that though. That's just too weird!
But yes, Kristen's job is gossip - who knows where that rumor began.

I agree that it would be ridiculously sad! Vaughn can't be brought back as a ghost. He has to be alive, even though it happens all the time on this show, I am willing to make one more exception-- anything for Vaughn!

Back