My Guy

Ok guys, here's the deal. I had the new chapter all typed up, and then our computer quit. Just died. So now, I'm going to retype the chapter here, but it'll take a while. Sorry it's taking so long!

S/V

Ok, here it is! Enjoi.

Oh, and my muse is feeling angsty....so there is some of it...not super bad though...just little bits, but it'll be fluffy by the end!

Vaughn stood in shock for a minute before crouching down beside Sydney, wrapping his arms around her.

"That's the guy that was part of SD-6?"

"Vaughn, there has to be a mistake. Noah wouldn't do something like this. He's not an assassin."

"Syd, they said it was a positive ID..."

"Michael, I know the man I dated. (A/N mimmicking Vaughn at the whole 'I know my wife' thing last episode.) He is not an assassin. He was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Or he is an assassin and you need to accept that!" Vaughn exploded. He took his arms off of her and stood up. She too stood up and looked at him with confusion in her eyes.

"What's your problem?"

"Look Syd, you go find Noah or whatever his name is, and when you prove him innocent, and go live your little fairy-tale life, but I'm helping you."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's obvious that you aren't over this guy. You want to go find him, and then where will that leave me?! You want my help in finding your ex-boyfriend who just abandoned you without a good-bye or anything. How long has it been, three months?!"

''I'm not leaving you for Noah..." She stopped when she heard the glass door behind them open.

"Whoops...am I disrupting something?" Weiss asks as he pokes his head out of the door. He looks at the expressions on both of their faces. "Ah, trouble in paradise, I see. Well, I hate to break this little shin-dig up, but Shiny Head wants to talk to the both of you as soon as possible. So unless you want to be forever blinded by his angry head's glare, I suggest you get upstairs." She let the door close slowly behind him.

"Michael, I am not leaving you for Noah. I just don't think it's fair for him to be automatically charged with this when he didn't do it." He tone and whole aura had softened.

"And what if he did do them?" His forehead wrinkles were still visible but he had softened too.

"I...I don't know." She breathed deeply. Vaughn took her hand and gave her a small smile.

''Sorry I lost it. I just don't want to lose you, and I've almost done that already." She gave him a feather-light kiss as they headed into the building.

"Agent Brisotw, Agent Vaughn please sit down." Kendall addressed them the second they walked in.

"As you know, the CIA recently learned that the infamous assassin 'The Snowman' is Noah Hicks." Vaughn watched Sydney flinch as he said it. "We have recently retrieved information that the Snowman will be meeting with a new employer. It will take place in an underground club in Berlin. You two," he pointed to Sydney and Vaughn, "leave in an hour."

Ok, I know it's short, but there will be some more today! I pinky swear!

Oh, and I'll send out PM's after I update later today.

S/V

FIRST TO REPLY (I think) AND I beat the Pm! I feel no different, just REALLY HAPPY YOU UPDATED!! :D Okay, that was FANTASTIC! I LOVED WEISS!!!

"Whoops...am I disrupting something?" Weiss asks as he pokes his head out of the door. He looks at the expressions on both of their faces. "Ah, trouble in paradise, I see. Well, I hate to break this little shin-dig up, but Shiny Head wants to talk to the both of you as soon as possible. So unless you want to be forever blinded by his angry head's glare, I suggest you get upstairs."

LAUGHED MY @$$ OFF!!! Yeah, it ran away with the dish and the spoon (LEE!!!) and jumped over the moon. He he, just ignore me. LOL

The Crazy Irish Cook,
Rachel

Ok, wow, a new chapter! I know I promised a chapter forever ago, but RL got in the way. As usual. And then, I got a kidney stone, and wasn't up to much for a while, so I finally got the new chapter typed! Anywho, here's the chapter!

“Vaughn, stop doing that! You’re wiping your eye liner off!” Sydney fought to contain her amusement.

“Watch it, Bristow.” He sneered. “Do you see them?”

“No, not yet.” She continued scanning the gothic crowd.

“Wait, look over there.” He pointed towards a corner where a masked man was meeting another figure, hard to see at such a distance. They began to move closer. They found a couch not too far away and sat down. They put their ear pieces in and waited for the conversation to start.

*Flashback*

“Ok, you both know how super heroes have super powers, like Superman and his x-ray vision. I’m sure you’d like that Agent Bristow, or I mean Sydney, it would probably make your job lots easier-“

“Marshall.” Vaughn interjected.

“Oh…yeah, right, ok, so you don’t get x-ray vision, but you do get super hearing.” He pulled out two small ear pieces.

“They look like hearing aids right? Well, they do just the opposite. You can hear 30x better with these babies in. Just make sure you’re within a 30 foot radius.”

*End flashback*

They adjusted their earpieces and got ready to listen. The disguised man was tall; taller than Vaughn and fit in build. Just like Noah Sydney unconsciously found herself thinking. The other man was short and pudgy, although he had two huge men behind him. They took their seats as a waitress brought them drinks.

“So, Mr. ‘Snowman,’ you got a name?” (A/N When I wrote this, this guy had a voice like Fat Tony on the ‘Simpson’s’, if you don’t know what that is, it’s like a mafia boss’ voice)

“You got the money?” The voice was disguised by a voice scrambler, and with the face masked they had no idea who they were dealing with.

“Yes, I do. Now I want a name.”

“That’s not for now. Now, who do you want…exterminated?” Sydney shivered as the voice spoke. She could almost hear the evil smirk.

“Dimitri Romanov. Russian drug dealer. He’s…getting in my way.”

“Romanov? Any connections to the Royals?”

“No. Just some one who’s slowing my sales.”

“How much are you paying?”

“Fifty Thousand. I don’t want a sloppy job. This can’t be connected to me in anyway.”

“I don’t do sloppy jobs. Ever.”

“Good. We will meet here again in one week. That’s your timeline.”

“Easy.” He grabbed his drink and relaxed in his chair.

“Now, Mr. ‘Snowman,’ I think you would agree that we have become well acquainted in the last few moments. I think I deserve a name.”

“Noah Hicks.”

Vaughn listened to Sydney’s sharp intake. She swallowed the lump in her throat and Vaughn noticed her hands begin to shake.

“Syd…” he started cautiously and took her hand in his. He rubbed slow comforting circles on her back and the back of her hand.

“He lied to me…the whole time we were together….he was an assassin…” She was shaking her head in disbelief.

“Sydney, I-“he was cut off by the conversation in the corner continuing.

“Well then, Mr. Hicks, I will see you in a week.” Noah remained seated as the other man left.

“Vaughn, I can’t talk to him. We know that’s him, can’t we just let the team get him?”

“I’ll see what I can do.” He turned his comm. link on and radioed Weiss.

“Base Ops, this is Boy Scout, we have confirmation of Hicks’ position. When he exits we need a team to grab him. I repeat we are unable to get him, we need the team waiting outside for him.” Noah stood up and began to leave. “Base Ops, the Snowman is leaving, is the team in place?”

“Yeah, we got ya Boy Scout. Get Freelancer and get out of there.”

“Come on Syd. We gotta go. They’ve got a team outside, they’re gonna get him.” Sydney unconsciously followed Vaughn’s lead as he stood both himself and her up. She went with him out the door. She looked over and saw Noah being led into a van. She shuddered and clung onto Vaughn. He wrapped his arms around her and led her to their transport to the airport.

“Here.” Vaughn gently handed her a cup of tea. She gave him a sad smile in thanks. He sat down on the leather couch beside her. She immediately fell back against his chest and sighed.

“Are you okay?” He asked tenderly as delicately brushed a few strands of hair from her face. She nodded and let her eyes close.

“I should have listened to you.”

“Syd…”

“I should have just accepted that it was him. It would have made this all easier.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“I was so naïve. I can’t believe I actually trusted him.”

“Hey.” He turned her chin so she was looking at him. “It’s not your fault.” He leaned in and kissed her soundly. When they pulled apart, Sydney rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her. “You can cry in front of me Syd. You’ve been hurt; I won’t hold it against you.”

“I don’t want to cry over him.” She said warily. “He’s not worth my tears.” She snuggled up closer to him and closed her eyes once again.

“Are you gonna sleep?” he felt her nod slightly and pulled his arms around her tighter.

“Sit here.” A guard roughly threw Noah against the wall of the large cargo plane. He was hand-cuffed and bruised. He had co-operated with the CIA and didn’t harm any of the agents. He relaxed in his uncomfortable folding chair as best you could and waited for the long ride to be over.

Jack Bristow was in charge of the capture of Noah Hicks. He impatiently awaited the phone call from Agent Vaughn or Agent Weiss letting him know that they had caught the Snowman. *Rin-

“Bristow.” He picked it up before it even had time to complete its first ring.

“We got him.” Weiss’ familiar voice flooded his ear.

“Did he put up a fight?”

“No. None at all. Not even on the plane. It’s almost like he was expecting us.”

“When you get back, we’ll look more into that. How’s Sydney?”

“She couldn’t even look at him. She was really hurt. I don’t think, even when we got the positive ID, that she believed it was him. She and Mike are on the other room.”

“Agent Vaughn is with her?” Jack thought that when Sydney discovered the truth about Agent Vaughn’s job that she would want nothing to do with him.

“Yeah, I don’t think she could do this on her own.”

“Very well. We will speak again when you are all back and safe.”

*Next Day*

Vaughn and Sydney walked into the JTF, only to quickly come upon Jack and Kendall.

“We have a problem with Hicks.” Kendall began.

“I don’t want to have anything to do with this case.”

“I’m sorry Agent Bristow but that is just a request that I can not agree with.”

“Why not? You must see how hard this is for me, my work will not be its best, and I want to be put with another case. I’m obviously going to have to go back to SD-6, where I will work as a double. I think I am doing enough for the CIA with that.”

“Hicks won’t talk to anyone but you.”

“What?” This time Vaughn spoke.

“He refuses to converse with anyone but Agent Bristow. All he’s said so far is ‘I talk to Sydney.’ Now, I know that your work with SD-6 gives you a lot of credit, we need to ask you to speak to him”

“I won’t speak to him.” She stated firmly.

“Sydney, Noah could lead us to the capture of many highly dangerous people. If he can help us, I think you should talk to him.” Sydney looked at her father with disbelief.

“I am sorry, but there is no way that I am going to talk to Noah Hicks.” Sydney turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Vaughn to watch her go. Vaughn sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“Why is it so important that we get Hicks to talk? I know that he may have valuable Intel, but can’t we use something else to get it out of him?”

“No, I’m afraid not. There is nothing we can do that wouldn’t be illegal.” Jack replied curtly before he too walked off.

“Agent Vaughn, if you can get her to talk to Hicks, when Agent Bristow goes back to work at SD-6, I will make sure that any issues you have with protocol will be lifted.” He turned and walked away. Vaughn sighed once again and pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew that Sydney was going to kill him when he tried to get her to talk to Hicks, and he was against the idea too. But the thought that he wouldn’t be able to see Sydney after she went back to SD-6 had never occurred to him. So he was going to have to talk Sydney into talking to Noah. Oh boy.

PM list:
<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->NebraskaLuvsVaughn
musically83
sydandvaughnforever
Lil Miss Sarah
Alias_Day
ny1042
ashqua
spysurfergrl247
dans mes reves
Sarahmañana
ny1042
xxaliasluverxx
Angel
MVhunny
emily47
vartancrazy24
aliasdancer007
nattie700
Alias=applepie_and_icecream
vartan-lova
karlee
agentupr20
jgmvlover
Alias79<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Ok, there it is! It's not my favorite chapter, but I haven't updated in forever so ya. R&R! Thanks!

S/V

and i actually fell 4 that spoiler *stomps away from the computer* JK cant wait 4 the next PM, good chapter.

emily47

“Agent Vaughn, if you can get her to talk to Hicks, when Agent Bristow goes back to work at SD-6, I will make sure that any issues you have with protocol will be lifted.”

Now that is just plain mean ... COULD I PLEASE GET A PM WHEN YOU UPDATE !!!!! thanks (sorry for the all caps but I asked a while ago and Ineve got any) anyway great fic.

*gyah* That spoiler thing was eviiiiil, like Irina evil... :P

Update soon I think Noah's character is very, very, very interresting.. :D

Ohmygosh- I am absolutley in love with your story! It's so cute! I like the whole Irina thing- only its better now- cool! I'm new- would you please send me a PM? Thanks! Your awesome please update soon! *xoxo*em*

Back