name filters

I thought I just answered that question Firedrop :( Jeez you dissapoint me... SON..

Their will be name filters, I am almost 100% positive.

I pray to all of the God's of Elanthia that they may purge any malicious or mal-feasant names, such as "xxleetnewbhaxorxx." God's please let there finally be a game for roleplayers... PLEASE!!!!!!!

I think there will always be combinations of names that will be un-RP and there is no way getting past it.

But what they could do is let us blacklist peoples names if we wanted to, for example.
If we see a character called leethax then we should be able to blacklist that characters name forever, so instead of seeing leethax, we would only ever see "Human Male" for example. That way the character is still ingame but would just look like a village idiot, which you could RP with.

Stephanie said something about this in one of the sneak peaks last year, so no... no numbers and names will be going through a filter and they reserve right to change names.

Good. Filters are EXTREMELY important for RP.

I know plenty well of what people will do in RP games to make fun.

In WoW, me and my guild went on to an RP server, and came up with some pretty funny names. We were all female paladins and we'd go around Stormwind RP'ing as poor little wenches who need money and will dance in their guild tabard.

Very profitable indeed. But than, it went to far. And some one whispered me.

"What kind of things do you do?......Sex?"

W..T..F....

I deleted that character RIGHT away.

some messed up stuff.

Don't worry, I will be a dedicated RP'er in HJ FO SHO.

lol I get it a kick when people say things like that to me in RP. Gives my char a great chance to make fun of them! But I spose as a crazy rambling gnome Rics can come up with all sorts of comebacks and still stay in-character.

Back