New E3 Review

Originally posted by Makkah@May 14 2006, 04:39 PM
One thing that confuses me... have they scrapped the concept behind Old Bloods and Togs? That slider just says "Human" which, at this point, is composed of two subraces.
Old bloods and togs are human. Togs are just a bit more green skinned than the old bloods.

Now, I read something in there about Super Jump. Super Jump?! As in you can make your character leap tall buildings in a single bound?! WTF!!!

Now, I read something in there about Super Jump. Super Jump?! As in you can make your character leap tall buildings in a single bound?! WTF!!!

Yes, different combinations of Wyrs may give your character certain special abilities. Oh the possiblities with these damned Wyrs!!!

72 Classes... sheesh.

I wonder how distinct some classes will be though. I guess it would depend on how significant the effect the sub-class will have on the main-class.

<
  1. >

Well I know the Togs in DR are far from Human, and from what I've read, the HJ Togs will be a bit different than Old Blood. Slight green tinge, bit more muscle mass...

The article makes me more, and more excited with every word. I can't stand it anymore!

Lets just think of this.

8 races, possibilities of half/half races. 72 classes, thousands of character customization possiblities, and the wyr system. How could you make someone more unique?

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 14 2006, 05:48 PM
8 races, possibilities of half/half races
When you think about it, there's a felgercarb load of race possibilities. Every little click in between each race is unique. So cool... no more running around seeing the same 10-20 faces, try unique 100-200 faces, if not more.

Well, although it may have a very unique character creation system there will always be those nub players that can't make their own unique character and we'll probably see about 30 people trying to look like generic ninjas or 200 people named Sephiroth or Cloud or Seshomaru or something. :P

Now, there were some really weird character fetishes in City of Heroes. One person once made a Ronald McDonald. A group of 3 people made the girls from Totally Spies. And another group of 5 people made all of the Original PowerRangers. O.o

I already have my plans in the works for the duo I'll be accomplishing with someone else :smiley:. I've revealed some of it so far. So for those who are detectives, try and find out what I'm doing.

I'll give you a hint.

Blubber, Flubber.

Speaking of CoH... folks from my last job all got together to play and formed the SuperGroup named "Carebears"... and you bet, they colored themselves up and got the symbols... everywhere they went people stopped, stared, gawked, and pee'd themselves in laughter.... and they kicked butt ;)

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by milamber@May 14 2006, 03:52 PM
The article mentions that lower levels will have their skills adjusted upwards. How will that work for magic users do you think? Will they suddenly get all of the spells they would have gotten? And have to take the time to select the spells they want? Or will the "temporary upgrade" work differently for the magic aspects?

It seems to me that it might take a while for people to be able make all of the selections (if you get selections during a leveling up and nothing I've seen makes me think you won't). Any thoughts?
If they work it like CoH, you wont get any new spells, only your exsisting ones will increase.

Originally posted by Morneblade+May 15 2006, 02:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Morneblade @ May 15 2006, 02:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milamber@May 14 2006, 03:52 PM
The article mentions that lower levels will have their skills adjusted upwards. How will that work for magic users do you think? Will they suddenly get all of the spells they would have gotten? And have to take the time to select the spells they want? Or will the "temporary upgrade" work differently for the magic aspects?

It seems to me that it might take a while for people to be able make all of the selections (if you get selections during a leveling up and nothing I've seen makes me think you won't). Any thoughts?
If they work it like CoH, you wont get any new spells, only your exsisting ones will increase. [/b][/quote]
Correct. Your base level will adjust upwards and the power of your current skills will be boosted but you won't get all the added skills between your current real level and the boosted level.

As for the races the current plan is to release with 4 playable races, the three you see on the screenshot and the Suwari (cats). The cats won't be able to be half-Burian or something because, frankly, that's just sick :lol: and also they were magically created creatures so very different.

Back