Season 4 no connection between Nadia and Bill Vaughn

Okay, this has been bothering me. Everyone keeps talking about Bill Vaughn protecting the passenger, and even Bril said the Bill Vaughn took Nadia to protect her. Here is my problem. Bill Vaughn died in 1979 (if he is dead). Irina did not go missing (or die until 1982). That means Nadia wasn't born until at least 1982, 3 years after Bill Vaughn died. So, how could he have taken Nadia? Unless of course he is not dead or did not die when we thought he did. Does this make sense? I am not sure why Bril would have told Vaughn what he did unless it was just to make him believe something about his father that was not true or lead him to believe his father is still alive. Maybe Bril worked for Yelena??

Now, I always thought that Irina killed Bill because he took Nadia. But if that is not the case, since she wasn't born yet, then why did the KGB order Irina to kill him?? Maybe he was a Russian agent at one point and then became a "Walk IN" just like Syd. He then became a CIA agent and his name was changed from his Russian name to Bill Vaughn. That is why Vaughn's name isn't really Vaughn. Some how the KGB found out his new ALIAS and had Irina kill him.

Is that to far out there??

Katie

That's why I think they're really gonna have a hard time
coming up with a storyline that can somehow connect with
everything that's happened in the past seasons. I mean they
have to know that they can't just throw something stupid out there
that's totally off the wall and leave true fans scratching their
heads trying to figure out how it all connects. There are so many
options but not all them with fit into past seasons. I just hope they
really put some thought into it and give us a really good Season 5!!!

ok this is what i've been thinking....tell me if this makes ANY sense (b/c i doubt it!)

soooo...bill vaughn brought nadia to elena to protect her (allegedly) in 1982 (after she was born)....which would have to disprove the fact that he died by irina in 1979...if he didn't really get killed by irina then, would it make sense that bill was working w/ irina and they both used the story as a cover up? i mean if the guy vaughn met this season was telling the truth (which i don't know) he did say bill vaughn shot him in the back...maybe bill vaughn helped irina kill the CIA agents to protect the passenger and then w/ irina's help made it look like he died then

sooo..this leads me to the idea that bill vaughn and irina worked together...which leads to the fact that maybe thats why irina knows about vaughn's secret...it may have to do w/ him and his father...maybe he was helping his father w/ rambaldi by keeping track of sydney? (i'm sure theres more to that, but in a nutshell!) and irina would know this b/c she worked w/ bill?

o and the whole name thing...yea, i just think bill changed his name as an alias so, so did vaughn

this would semi-explain the dates, and maybe in reality bill vaughn died later on a mission...or maybe he's still alive!

lol does that make sense? comment/make corrections/add to this...lol whatever you please

I don't think it's a date discrepency or that random things are being thrown out that will later have to be tied together, I think BV is alive. I really like the idea that he is working for Irina and that's why she knew about 'Vaughn.' Buuuut what I think is really fishy is that if BV did take Nadia to Yelena did he know she was evil? (which means that he was not killed in '79 so there is no need for dated to line up). But I also like the idea that Bril was working for Yelena and that BV never actually took Nadia to her, which solves the '82 problem if he didn't take her or if he's alive. I don't really know what to think about the fake name though :blink: Hopefully this makes sense or do I sound crazy?

The one thing about ALIAS is that JJ is a stickler for the little details, I can't imagine that something as significant as getting dates wrong slipped past him, there is something greater going on here...

Wow I didn't realise Nadia was so young! She's younger than me (I'm 23)! That makes me feel old! She doesn't look 22 thats why I never realised there was a time issue. I must pay better attention! The whole BV took Nadia thing is a lie I'd guess. It never seemed right to me.
un

I have a slight problem with all of this. I do believe that perhaps all that MV found in S4 was potentially a lie. However, Brill told Vaughn the location of Nadia. Shortly thereafter, MV was taken by Covenant to find out her Nadia's location. If Brill was working for the Covenant/Elena, why wouldn't he just tell them where she was?

I think Brill was telling the truth about BV. We just don't know what's happened to him after dropping off Nadia.

The funny thing is that no one on the show puts it together?? That Bill Vaughn died and in 1979 and Nadia wasn't born until at least 1982. Which also leads me to that stupid picture Nadia was carrying around. She thought it was a picture of her, but how could that be?? Nadia is younger than Syd and these were Jack's pictures which he had from his marriage?? How would Jack get a picture of Nadia, she wasn't born yet when he was with Irina? So, to me the whole thing with Nadia and the stupid picture just drives me crazy, and makes me think Nadia is stupid. Unless they are suggesting that Nadia is much older than Syd and Irina had her before she married Jack? But then all the dates would be wrong, in flash back.

Alias really needs to get its dates fixed.

Katie

How do we know that any of the info regarding any of this is true? The characters we are dealing with could give any information to anyone which is why things don't fit together.

Someone is lying- who? I dont know... but that could easily explain why things don't make sense.

I dont know - I don't pick things like this apart too much.

I've got a very funny theory about this. Not about the story, but about the writers. Season one and two were fairly consistent, dates and facts all matched, because during season one the writers had a second season in mind, and during the second season, they were paying a lot of attention to the first season, making sure everything matched. Then at the end of the second season, there must have been an u-oh-moment: "U-oh, with SD6 gone, we don't know what to do with the story" and that's why that cliffhanger was so huge and out of the left field: they needed something knew for the third season, something that could go in every direction...

And then they scr*wed up... I don't hate season 3 all that much, but they definately got all the dates wrong, and did some weird things with the story and the feel of the show. The story did not make sense anymore. And JJ pulled the emergency break.

Between season 3 and 4, I'm quite sure the writers made a list. Things That Dont Make Sense.
1. Rambaldi
2. The Syd - Vaughn-relationship
3. Syd simply being a CIA-spy, not cool.
4. The Bill Vaughn story

So in season 4, they tried to get everything right. They needed some time to get point 2 and 3 right, that's why there were all those self-contained epi's. And then they used the second half of the season to clean up the Rambaldi mess as good as they could. But the one thing that was waaaaay to big to get cleaned up with all the other cleaning up going on, was the Bill Vaughn - Irina - Nadia - storyline. So they thought it over, made some notes, made this years Bill Vaughn story to set up the premises for season 5 and season 5 will focus on this storyline, cleaning it up and - or so I think - making it huge. And that is why this years cliffhanger had to be about the Vaughns :smiley:

So I think the writers very well planned this cliffhanger from at least half way writing the season.

kromrell said:
The funny thing is that no one on the show puts it together??  That Bill Vaughn died and in 1979 and Nadia wasn't born until at least 1982.  Which also leads me to that stupid picture Nadia was carrying around.  She thought it was a picture of her, but how could that be??  Nadia is younger than Syd and these were Jack's pictures which he had from his marriage??  How would Jack get a picture of Nadia, she wasn't born yet when he was with Irina?  So, to me the whole thing with Nadia and the stupid picture just drives me crazy, and makes me think Nadia is stupid.  Unless they are suggesting that Nadia is much older than Syd and Irina had her before she married Jack?  But then all the dates would be wrong, in flash back. 

Alias really needs to get its dates fixed. 

Katie
[post="1372707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Are you talking about the picture she showed to Jack? The one with Irina holding a baby? Because she did not think it was her, she asked in fact who it was, and Jack never answered her.

As for the time line, you would think a smart guy like Vaughn would figure it out after being told twice about the Passenger being rescused that his father didn't die when he believed it. Even when he got those dental records when he was looking for his dad he seems to have dismissed them after he believes his father is dead. He just drops everything. THere's got to be more.

Jack did say who the baby was. It was her sisters baby or something, and Jack said something about When i saw that picture, the way Irina hold that baby, then he knew that Irina would hold her on baby like that, and he belived that Irina was holding Nadia in the same way.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but something like that.

yeah, Jack said the picture was Irina's niece and he was talking about she loved children and all that. so then with that explained, the picture isn't really an issue, but i'm still wondering what's up with this discrepancy in dates? JJ's usually on top of things with that (he even had MV & MG do "wedding" photos even tho we never saw them on the show), so i wonder what sinister little story he's got up his sleeve for this one?

How old is Nadia? I keep trying to figure it out, and if Irina had her after she "died" she's only about 6 years younger than Syd, making herrrrrrr.......27?

Back