No More Lonely Nights

Initially, I thought I'd come in here and bug you for an update since I had nothing better to do... But I see the wubly JuJu has updated for us! :woot:

QUOTING TIME!!! :woot:

Chapter Five

I just 'membered... Is this the last chapter? :cry:

How to Tie Your Shoelaces:

I sense that this is going to be one freakin' good chappy :D *rubs hands together*

Wait! Shoe! *runs to get my shoe*

1. Take one shoelace in each hand and make an "X" with them.

:blink:

X? X? How?! :confused:

2. Take the right shoelace and tuck it under the left shoelace which makes a very loose knot. Pull the laces to their sides and the knot will come down onto the shoe. The harder you pull down, the tighter your shoe will be tied.

:blink: Ok... LAUR! OR JUJU! Whichever one of you wrote it... Why must you make tying shoelaces so technical?! :cry:

3. Next, take the right shoelace and make a loop with it using your right hand. You should have your thumbnail facing the left shoelace, which should be laying out flat at this time, and have your index finger be facing the opposite way.

:mellow:

*throws my shoe at the wall* YARGH!!! I give up. :Ph34r:

4. Now, pick up the left shoelace with your left hand and wrap it around your thumb and the loop of the right shoelace.

*braids my shoelaces* :angelic:

5. Using your index finger, push the left shoelace in the direction of your thumb and this will make another loop.

:woot:

I have the awesomest idea! Wait here.

*runs to get my moocow scissors*

6. When the loop is about the same size as the other loop, pull it tight and to the sides. It is also a good idea to pull the laces slightly downward as you are finishing.

*makes a knot in each of the laces*

:angelic:

7. Your shoe is now tied.

*cuts my shoelaces off*

YAY! :woot: *does a lil jig*

Sydney stared at Vaughn... what was the meaning of this piece of paper? Was it written in some sort of code unknown to the CIA yet?

Vaughn just stared back.

10 minutes later

"This is odd," Sydney thought, still staring at Vaughn.

TBC

A/N: Ok so it was short, but hey, all the more easier for you to quote ;)

:woot: TBC! *chants* TBC! NMLNTBC!

:happydance:

Awesome chappy dudes :lol: ;)

Cai
x

Chapter 5

Vaughn walked slowly down the deserted street. It was about ten at night and rain was pouring down out of the depths of the sky. The droplets cascaded down his body. He couldn't tell what was rain and what was tears on his cheeks. Truthfully, he didn't care either. He had looked everywhere possible for Sydney; checked every hotel within five miles of the pier that they were at earlier. Sydney was nowhere to be seen.

He had parked his car at a motel and rented a room there for the night. He dropped the backpack that he had slung over his shoulder on the floor near the bed. Vaughn sat down on the bed and put his head in his hands. He couldn't stay inside and do nothing when Sydney could be out there in the cold, possibly in danger. Scared for her safety, he immediately started looking for her

He told Sydney that he was going to go talk with Lauren and he would be back to the pier in an hour. After he had talked to her, he had to pack some of his stuff and making sure Lauren would be okay. He didn't get back there until an hour after the time he told her he would be back. Sydney had not been there. As if on cue, it started to pour the moment he noticed she wasn't there.

Vaughn was a tired, defenseless man. He felt completely useless, but it was the best he could do to keep walking, searching for her.

He came to the last place he could think of, the palisades a few blocks away from his childhood home. It was a public place with benches overlooking a river. Knowing Sydney, she could very well be there.

He knew that water calmed her down. He saw how she could stare at it for hours on end. It seemed to wash away all of her troubles with it.

The rain seemed to let up a little, but it was still coming down pretty hard. He walked up the path to the main cliff and found a figure sitting on the bench. The person was in the fetal position with their head buried in their knees. As if by sixth sense, he knew it was her, even from thirty feet away. Vaughn slowly walked up to her and gently put his hand on her shoulder, careful not to startle her. She flinched and tensed up, but relaxed slightly after a moment, realizing it was Vaughn. He walked around from behind the bench to the front of it, his hand never leaving her back.

Without any words spoken, he pushed the hair back from her face, his hand lingering there for a second. He brought his right hand under her knees and his left wrapped tightly around her back. He picked her up effortlessly and started walking the two miles back to the motel. Sydney had fallen asleep shortly after he had picked her up. Her head was nuzzled into his chest. She was shivering badly in her sleep, which worried Vaughn. She was wet and cold and could easily get sick.

He began picking up his pace as he reached the road that he knew led to the motel. When he reached room number 17, she had already woken up. His arm was wrapped protectively around her shoulders. He set her down lightly on her feet and he reached for the metal key in his pocket. Succeeding quickly, he slipped the key into the lock and it opened easily.

Vaughn wrapped his arms tighter around her to help support her as they walked into the room. She was so worn out that he was afraid for her; afraid that she may not be okay.

He quickly closed the door and sat her on the bed. He wrapped the comforter around her shivering body and began his search through his backpack for a pair of sweats for Sydney. Vaughn triumphantly pulled a pair of track pants and a tee-shirt out of the bottom, and walked over Sydney, who was sitting there in the same position he had left her.

He took her soaking wet hoodie off, then her sneakers and socks. Sydney just watched him, too tired to object to him. He peeled the rest of her wet clothes off of her goose bump-covered body. Looking at him gratefully, she managed to smile weakly and he just stood up and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

He quickly put his clothes on her, so she could warm up. He had found a sweatshirt and put it over her head for her.

Walking to the bathroom, he tossed her wet clothes into the tub and began shedding the clothes and quickly began replacing them with a pair of boxers and a Kings tee-shirt.

When he exited the bathroom and back into the one-roomed motel room, he saw Sydney still sitting on the bed. Her arms were wrapped around herself, trying to keep warm. She dropped her hands onto her lap when she heard him coming from the bathroom.

Vaughn walked up to her and knelt down in front of her, taking her hands in his. He whispered softly, "Are you ok?"

Sydney nodded, her eyes transfixed on her lap. They stayed like that for some time before the shivers came back to her body, stronger than before. He began to get up from the ground, she squeaked in a voice that was barely audible, "Lauren?"

Without anything further to be said, he nodded silently telling her: 'I've taken care of it.', and pushed a piece of hair that had fallen into her face behind her ear. She looked at him, her eyes brighter than before. A small smile crept on her face, but soon turned into a yawn.

Taking the comforter off of her shoulders and substituting it for his sweat shirt, he evened it out over the mattress. He walked over to the other side of the bed; her side of the bed, and pulled the covers back. Walking back and picking her up once again, he laid her into the bed. Vaughn covered her up and began to walk towards the small couch opposite the bed. Before he could get far, though, he felt a cold hand clasp his and he turned around slowly, looking into Sydney's tired eyes. "Stay… please?" she asked helplessly.

Vaughn gave her a look as if to ask 'Are you sure?' but she nodded as she yawned again. Without having to be asked twice, he walked back over to his side of the bed and snuggled up close to her.

Their bodies fit perfectly together, like always. Vaughn's head rested on her pillow and his hand caressed her arm softly, trying to warm her up some more.

From that moment on, she knew that she would never have to sleep in an empty bed or have to cry herself to sleep. She had Vaughn, and Vaughn had her. Everything was going to go right for her, this time for real.

Her shivering ceased after only a few moments in his arms. Vaughn's arm wrapped around her waist and she clasped a hand around his, sighing in contentment.

One last thought crossed her tired mind before she drifted into the best sleep she had experienced in the last year and a half. No more lonely nights…

I can wait another day until I call you, mm-mm,
You've only got my heart on a string
And ev'rything a'flutter.

But another lonely night (and another, and another)
Might take forever. (and another, nother)
We've only got each other to blame,
It's all the same to me, love.
'Cause I know what I feel to be right.

No more lonely nights, never be another,
No more lonely nights.
You're my guiding light,
Day or night I'm always there.

And I won't go away until you tell me so,
No, I'll never go away.

Yes I know (I know)
What I feel (I feel)
To be right. (to be right)

No more lonely nights, never be another,
No more lonely nights.
You're my guiding light,
Day or night I'm always there.

And I won't go away until you tell me so,
No, I'll never go away.

No more lonely nights, no, no.

End.

No More Lonely Nights by Paul McCartney

Ok, so here comes the big speech that is required at the end of all fics…

I really don't know what to say. (Shut up, Juju.) I don't! I mean, this started out as a co-write, but I ended up writing it. So… yeah. Just to let everyone know. I credited Sherilyn for the part that she wrote and it was awesome. Thanks gurlie! Wub ya.

I'd also like to thank all of my beta's. Yes, although many, you all did a great job :hug:

A huuuuuuuge thank you to Cai for making me write, because *sigh* YOU WERE RIGHT! There. I said it. And Juju too! How could we forget her? My wonderful :poke: -er. Lol. Thanks dudes.

I'm not going to do a sequel I love this fic. Yes, you heard me. I love something written (mostly) by me. I think this is by far the best thing I have ever written. Ever. I don't want to ruin it by adding another part.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

All of the wonderful reviews have made my day. And excuse my stupidity if I forgot to add you to the PM list or the addicts list. I think every one of you on the addicts list is crazy, but oh well, what can I say? :P

:hug: Love you guyssssss!

Xo laur :Prop:

oh wow!!!!! *sniff sniff* (wipes nose) I think I might go and re read the whole thing. So good! no great, no fantastick, no there atren't words to discribe your fic.
:eek:scar:

Okies first, stop saying you're stoopid cos u be not! 🐟 and it's stoopid to say u'r stoopid when u'r not stoopid, got it? :eyebrow: :lol: :rolleyes:
Second...I WUB YA!! :hug: no kidding this fic rock my socks (y) and my cream pot :P
and I want..no..I..nono...WE ALL NEED A SEQUEL!!! I'm gonna :poke: you 'till you do one, every single day, and I won't stop :nonono:
*rereads*
*happysighs* I'm gonna save it and print it and read it again and again :P 📖 cos I'm in wub wif it :love:
so now :poke: :angelic:
get ready for the :poke: -ing :P

Laur that was a fantastic ending. :D
I really loved it!
It was so well written and was lovely that Sydney and Vaughn ended up together. :2love:
Thanx for the pm
Can I get a pm when you post your new fic, please?
Thanx for the pm.

That was perfect, and oddly enough, I too agree, it doesn't need a sequel. It wouldn't nessasarily ruin it, but it's so good on its own, that a sequel might just weigh it down.

And that chapter was just utterly amazing. Vaughn looking for her and taking her back to his room and them falling asleep in each others arms. I couldn't think of a more perfect way to end the fic. :smiley:

You did an awesome job and I do agree this is awesome writing. I couldn't have done it better myself. :smiley:

Thanks for the PM and update. I hope to see new stories from you in the future. :hug:

Riley xoxo

Back