On the Hunt

Well lookie!! Reviews!! Yippie!! I'm sorry I havent updated in a while but the site was acting wigy for AGES!! I was soooo not impressed. Mountaineer if you like my story so much I can send you a PM to alert you of updates? But only if you want me to.

Well my fans, I present!! More Spyrents!! Yay!!

Chapter Thirty-Four

Irina laughed with glee as Jack dipped her and kissed her neck.

“Your enjoying this too much Irina.” He smiled and spoke in swift Russian.

“I haven’t had this much fun since that party we went to with Arvin and Emily.” She smiled at him.

Jack pulled her back up as the music played in the back ground.

“That was one hell of a party.” He agreed.

“I think the party we had afterwards was more incredible then the party itself.” She grinned wickedly.

Jack laughed and twirled her on the deck of the yacht, they were in port in Athens and had been for three days waiting for Kelso to arrive, Irina had insisted they stay onboard the yacht Sark had purchased so they could see Kelso arrive.

She was dressed in a light blue dress with her hair loose and flowing about her face, to anyone passing by they were just a couple enjoying a well earned vacation.

She spun back against him as the song ended and kissed him happily.

“You can’t tell me you’re not enjoying yourself.” She smiled.

He shook his head and chuckled, “I’m enjoying myself.” He agreed.

“Good, you deserve a break, you work too hard Jack.” She said as he took her by the waist and they swayed together to a slower song.

“You do remember why we’re here Irina, to save Sydney.” He said remembering to speak in Russian as people passed by. Hopefully none of them were fluent in anything but Greek or English.

“Of course, but that’s no reason not to have some fun.” She smiled up at him.

“I think your enjoying this hunt just a little too much my viper.” He said as the song ended and she broke away from him to pour a drink.

“I’ll enjoy tearing Kelso limb from limb if he doesn’t tell me where to find my daughter.” She responded turning back with a glass for him.

“You know you were never this vicious when you were Laura.” He took the glass and smiled.

“You never saw me in line at the super market.” She winked and he laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack looked down into the cabin of the yacht as night set in on the marina; lights flickered over the water signifying which yachts still had occupants. He nodded to Irina who smiled and climbed down the stairs

Kelso was guarded at all times by four men, burly looking men who looked like they belonged out the front of a night club.

Irina levelled her weapon and with two shots downed two of the guards.

There was a shout in Greek and a scrambling sound.
Irina kicked open the door and strode into the cabin as if she was Athena herself and levelled her weapon at the other two guards.

They looked from her to her weapon and their hands slid away from gun holsters.

“You must be Kelso.” She smiled to the man who was hidden behind the two burly guards.

“Aye and you would be?” he said with contempt.

“Tut tut, why is it that I have to introduce myself every where I go.” She shook her head and pulled up one of the fallen chairs.

“I guess you did too good a job of hiding.” Jack said stepping into the room, his weapon trained on the guards.

“I know you… your Bristow.” Kelso looked at him in amazement.

“I am… and you are Simon Kelso, we have some questions for you Mr Kelso.” Jack said standing behind Irina who was smiling beguilingly.

“What makes you think I’m going to answer them.” He sneered and Irina titled her head before pointing her weapon at one of the guards and blowing out his knee.

The guard dropped to the deck and howled in pain.

“For every wrong answer I shoot out a joint… for every time you defy me, I shoot out a joint, for every time you hesitate, I shoot out a joint… there are only so many joints in the body Mr Kelso.” She smiled and levelled her weapon on the other guard.

“I think it would be best if you answered our questions Mr Kelso.” Jack smiled at him.

Kelso looked from his fallen guards to his remaining guard then took up a seat opposite Irina.

“What do you want to know?”

Irina smiled and nodded to Jack who turned and went back on deck and left them alone.

“Where is Sydney Bristow being held?” she asked keeping her weapon trained on the remaining guard as they heard Jack moving about up top.

Kelso looked from her to the gun, “I can understand what Jack has to loose, but why do you care?” he asked and she pulled the trigger.

His second guard lost the use of his right arm.
“Don’t try and play me Mr Kelso, I have been playing this game for longer then you have lived and I am very good at it. Now,” she pointed her weapon at his shoulder “Where is Sydney Bristow being held.” She repeated.

He wasn’t looking so brave now, “I know Bristow’s reputation, he’s not known as a reckless man… except when it comes to his daughter… I’ve got to wonder why he’d partner up with someone like you to get her back.”

Irina smiled and leaned back in her seat, crossing her long legs, she used the same technique on her people, he squirmed in his seat and Irina was glad to see she hadn’t lost her touch.

“If you value your ability to walk Mr Kelso you will answer my question.” She said softly.

He looked to the guards she had already wounded and the two dead men.

“Perhaps you need incentive.” She pulled back on the trigger and missed his ear by an inch.

He flinched and almost dove off his seat.

“I only miss intentionally Mr Kelso.” She smiled.

Jack returned carrying a jerry-can; he walked backwards down the stairs into the cabin, splashing gasoline all over the stairs.

“What… what is he doing?” Kelso demanded.

“He’s pouring fuel all over this lovely yacht of yours… you see I like to make examples of people who hurt my family.” She smiled and stood up, reached over the table grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pressed the barrel of her gun between his eyes.

“One last chance...where is Sydney Bristow being held?”

“Rome! She’s going to be in Rome!” he shouted as Jack splashed fuel all over the room.

“The address.” Irina smiled.

H reached into his shirt and pulled out a slip of paper, Irina snatched it from him and smiled as she read it.

“Pleasure talking to you Mr Kelso.” She threw him back into his seat as Jack threw away the jerry-can and headed for the stairs.

“Mr Kelso, if you would be so kind as to deliver a message to your boss… tell them that Irina Derevko sends her regards… and they should never have laid a hand on my daughter.” She smiled at him before turning and heading up the stairs.

“Jesus Christ… Derevko…” he muttered as Jack and Irina left the boat.

Kelso jumped up to grab his phone just as Irina and Jack jumped onto the jetty and Irina turned around to look at the yacht bobbing in the water.

“This is Kelso; you’ll never believe who was just here….Der.”

BANG!

Irina smiled as she lowered her gun and grinned at the blazing inferno.

“He can’t deliver your message now Irina.” Jack said looking at her.

“Oh, they’ll get the message my love. Come, we need to organise transport to Rome.” She smiled and walked down the jetty as the yacht burned behind them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“How long will it take you to get here?” Irina asked down the phone as their plane pulled onto the tarmac. Jack was glad Irina had a private plane, it made all this so much easier.

Jack was holding his own phone to his ear as he listened to Vaughn, “Lindsey has called in all kinds of markers Jack, he’s out for blood.”

“To hell with Lindsey, I am going to find my daughter; if Lindsey wants to get in my way… then I’ll go through him.” Jack growled.

“Just be careful Jack, I’ll see what Weiss and Dickson can do to help.”

Jack nodded and hung up as the plane came to a stop.

“Alright, we’ll meet you there.” Irina hung up her phone.

“Problems?” Jack asked grabbing up his bag.

“No, but it’ll take two hours for my back up to get here.” Irina picked up her own bag.

“Sydney might not have two hours Irina.” Jack said as he let her slip into the aisle ahead of him.

“She’s held on for this long Jack, I think she’ll forgive us.” Irina smiled as they walked out of the plane and onto the Tarmac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It looks like the only entrance we might be able to use is this… on the east side.” Irina said as they leaned over blue prints of the building they both hoped Sydney was being held in.

“We can neutralize security here, here and here and I might be able to use one of Marshall’s little toys to loop the feed from this junction box here.” Jack said as they sat in the lounge of the small hotel room they had booked.

“I can get down to this floor here and access this control box here… I should be able to bring down any additional security measures, but it’s a long crawl along this duct.” She furrowed her brow as they went over everything.

Jack watched her as she looked over everything; she bit her bottom lip gently as she pulled out more building schematics and looked them over.

“Irina…”

“Mmm?”

“If this works… if we get her back…”

“Then everything will have been worth it.” Irina smiled at him.

He nodded and she seemed to notice his shift in mood.

She stood up, walked around the small coffee table and sat on his lap wrapping her arms about his neck.

“Jack…we’ll get her back.” She smiled and he nodded running his hands up the outside of her long legs.

“When we get her back… you’ll go home…”

“I’ll come find you.” He said wrapping his arms around her waist.

She smiled and lent to kiss him, her loose hair tickling his face.

“Promise?”
“I promise.”

“Don’t keep me waiting too long.”

He smiled and kissed her back, “We have a score to settle with the Covenant, as soon as Sydney’s safe we’ll take them down, together.”

“I love it when you get protective.” She grinned.

They took a rental car to the area of town Sydney was being held in, they drove down a street a block away and parked. Irina pulled her hair into a pony tail but tendrils still fell down her face.

“Alright, you ready?” Jack asked and she took a deep breath before nodding.

She fitted a communicator into her ear and he tapped his, they were working, Irina checked over her gun one last time and Jack gently pressed her up against the side of the car and kissed her.

“Be careful wife.” He said softly.

“You too husband.” She smiled and slid away from him, jogging down the street.

Jack watched her go with mixed feelings; he turned and headed towards his target hoping that nothing went wrong. Hopefully, in a few minutes, he’d have his daughter back.

Holy Hera mother of zeus! (she wasnt really she was his wife and sister but I digress) We've almost found Sydney!!! WOW :blink: I cant believe it myself but we're soooooooooooooooo very close! Dont worry fans theres more Spyrents then anything else, dont fret!

As Always my sweeties, Read review and especially ENJOY!

“You know you were never this vicious when you were Laura.” He took the glass and smiled.

“You never saw me in line at the super market.” She winked and he laughed.
:sideroll:

Kelso looked from her to the gun, “I can understand what Jack has to loose, but why do you care?” he asked and she pulled the trigger.
Why do people always assume that Irina doesn't care about her family ?

Greece, Rome... the Spyrents go to nice places ! Thanks for the PM, I hope that you update soon

Loved their conversation on the boat with Mr. Kelso
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more.
Hopefully Syd will be found in the next chapter.

Woot! Somehow I only received 1 PM for all these chapters, but I"m all caught up now. Please forgive me for not reviewing for the previous few chapters.
I'm kind of worried about Lindsey, I just hope Jack doesn't goes to jail like in the show. I really like Nike, I think she and Sark will make a wonderful pair. And Katya is such a fun sister to have around. I don't really care all that much whether they rescue Sydney or not, but I just want an excuse for the Spyrents to stay together because they do work so wonderfully together.

Im a little worried that maybe my number one fan might not be getting her PMs either.... Hmmmm :confused: maybe I should e-mail Mary and ask, cause normally she's one of the first to review.

I'm glad you made it Irinarocks and as you know I love feed back so keep your eyes on this story cause another update is coming your way soonish, possibly tomorrow cause that's my day off :D

And I've also been beating up my brain trying to get more then the first Chapter written for the sequel, Oh yes the fun never stops! Lol, dont worry, my story is more Spy parents with a little Sydney thrown in, well ok sydney/irina bonding but mostly its about the parents.

:D stick around my lovelies! The fun is just beginning!

Yay, you're updating soon! I'll make sure to keep my eyes fixed and check for updates. And did you mention a sequel? I just can't wait.
I think you should send some emails out because I only got 1 P.M for all these updates and some days, I can't even log onto Allalias.com
Keep up the good work!

I love you Irinarocks! Your so awesome! I'm glad your keeping up and I promise when the sequel comes out you will be one of the first to get a PM or maybe I should e-mail peoples. If you like I can personally let you know when I update if AllAlias. is playing up on you, I dont mind. I get to make new friends!! Ask Mary, I love having new friends!!

So, tomorrow, I have tomorrow off, day time not night time unfortunetly, so tomorrow there will be an update! Promise!! Cross my heart.

Love you all!! Thanks for sticking around!
*Huggles*

Well, I crossed my heart didnt I! So as promised!! Your new chapter!! hehehehehehehheheheheee

I will be sending out PMs as soon as its posted and to People who have been having troubles with the site and getting their PMs I will send out short e-mail notes. If thats ok with people.

I will also send out PMs and e-mails to anyone who wants to know when the sequel is going up.

Alright, I wont keep you waiting any longer, here is a fresh update from your loveable J/I fan writter!!

Chapter Thirty-Five

Jack skilfully took down two guards and slipped inside the small room which housed the junction box, he pulled it open and fitted the small device he had borrowed from Marshall the last time he was in town.

“Alright, you should be clear now, I’m heading for the security room now.” Jack said softly and he heard Irina breath over the ear piece.

“You know Jack, I’ve managed to keep my youthful good looks but this duct is one tight fit.” She muttered.

“Be glad you only have to go in that way.” He smiled and hurried from the small cupboard like room down a dingy underground hallway.

He didn’t get a response but he did hear her breath heavily and took that as her response as she conserved her oxygen for the long crawl.
Irina slipped out of the duct and landed on the solid concrete she ducked and hid behind a filing cabinet as a flash light beam fell over the area and she held her breath as her heart started beating faster.

She looked around as the beam moved on and saw her target, only one guard was assigned to this floor and apparently he had chosen to check this room while she was in it.

‘Poor timing.’ Irina thought, more on his part then hers.

She snuck forward as he headed for the door and wrapped her hand around his mouth ramming her knife between his ribs. His body went limp and he dropped the torch.

She dragged his dead weight as best she could and hid him behind an over turned desk.

Picking up his torch she blew a loose strand of hair out of her eyes and crept to the door, peeking out into the darkly lit hallway she snuck forward and down the hall till she came to a T section and there was another junction box.

“I’m going to shut down the power, but back up generators should kick in to bring on the cameras.” She said in a whisper.

“I’ve got the security room covered, go ahead.” Jack’s voice came over her com and she nodded.

She pried open the box and pulled out several wires. The lights flickered then went out, back up lighting kicked in but it was less bright and she smiled.

“That was the easy part.” She said to herself closing the box.

“What can you see Jack?” she asked as she snuck down the left corridor.

“Go down that corridor, past two doors, take the third one on your right.” He instructed.

She followed his orders and pulled open the door.

“There’s a stair case.” She said looking down into the dimly light stair case.

“Follow it down and there should be another corridor.”

Irina nodded and moved as quietly as she could on the stairs, checking her weight on them before walking down them, she knew she was using precious minutes they and Sydney didn’t have but she didn’t want to alert any guards down here to her presence unnecessarily.

She made it to the bottom and turned off the torch; she didn’t see or hear any guards.

“Which cell?” she asked in a whisper, the hall was lined with cells.

“I don’t know; none of them have feds.” Jack shook his head.

“Sydney!” Irina hissed.

“Sydney; sweetie? If you can hear me, call out.” She said walking down the hall way and pushed open the small slat in each one to try and look inside.

“Sydney?”

“Mom…. Mom is that you….” Came the soft, barely whispered voice from a cell on her left.

“Sydney? Yes, yes sweetheart it’s me.” Irina smiled in relief and pushed open the slat.

“Not possible… it can’t be you…”

“Oh sweetheart,” Irina breath and looked at the heavy lock that stood between her and her daughter.

“Sydney, do you remember when you had the flu, you were home sick for a week and I took you to work with me, you asked me if you could go to my school when you were a big girl.” Irina said hurriedly trying to convince her tortured daughter that it really was her.

“You said if I wanted it bad enough… I could do anything…” Sydney replied in a rasp, “Mom? It’s really you….”

“Yes, yes sweetheart it’s me… Sydney… can you walk?” Irina asked as she fitted a silencer onto her gun, she couldn’t hope to break the lock but she could shoot it off.

“Yes, I can… mom how did you find me?” Sydney was at the slot now and Irina could see her brown eyes well with tears.

“We can talk about that later, right now I need you to stand back.” Irina said stepping back and levelling her weapon at the door.

She heard Sydney stagger back and turned her head a little as she pulled the trigger and the small pop and following clang told her she had hit her mark.

Irina put her weapon away and dashed forward to wretch open the door.

“Come here sweetheart.” Irina smiled and Sydney stumbled over and fell into her mothers arms crying.

“I’ve got you Sydney, I’ve got you angel, its ok, I’m here, momma’s here.” Irina held her tightly, her daughter was thinner then when she last saw her and her body was shaking with lack of food and water but she was alive.

“Irina, you have to get out of there, we must have triggered some kind of hidden alarm.” Jack’s voice cracked in her ear.

Sydney’s head was pressed into her mothers shoulder and she heard her father’s voice.

“Dad’s here too?” she sniffed and Irina nodded.

“Come on; let’s get you out of here.” Irina took her hand and led her back up the stair case and they dashed down the corridor and Jack met them at the T junction.

“Sydney!” he shouted and she turned to be almost crushed in her fathers embrace.

“Dad!” she held him and felt fresh tears in her eyes.

“Your ok sweetheart, your safe.” He held her.

“We have to go!” Irina suddenly shouted; Jack and Sydney heard it to, shouts and foot steps.

Gunfire erupted from the hallway Jack had used and both parents pushed their daughter down the escape route and raised their weapons.

“Go Sydney! RUN!” Jack shouted as he and his wife returned fire.

Sydney didn’t need to be told twice, the sight of her parents standing shoulder to shoulder was comforting but they were right, she turned and ran for all she was worth.

“Go Jack!” Irina said as his clip emptied and he reached for another one.

“Your right behind me.” He said over the explosions of sound.

“GO!” Irina yelled and he too turned and ran.

Irina took a few steps forward as their pursuers came closer she pulled her knife and threw it into the heart of one of them.

“That’s for Sydney!” she shouted before turning to follow her husband.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney pelted up the hall way as fast as her starved body would let her, she slammed through a door and kept running, she saw a flashing exit sign and felt her heart leap, she was going to be free, she was going home.

She heard a shout and saw three armed men in a room to her left, she didn’t stop as they came charging into the hall way after her, she was going to be free, nothing was going to stop her now.

She belted along and burst out through the exit into blissfully cool night air as a blue car came to a screeching sideways halt, a woman’s face appeared and pulled a gun, Sydney was about to dive away when the woman smiled at her before shouting, “Get in Ms Bristow!”

Sydney ran to the car and flung open the back door as the three guards following her burst out of the building, in an eruption of gunfire the woman gunned them all down then slammed her foot onto the accelerator, spun the steering wheel and as Sydney pulled shut the door she had jumped through drove off into the night.

Through the hammering of her heart and deep gulping breaths of fresh air she managed to say, “My parents… we have to go back for them.”

“No Ms Bristow, your mothers orders, no matter what, I get you to safety first.” Crystal blue eyes flashed in the rear view mirror and Sydney felt her adrenaline finally begin to ebb away.

“Where are we going?” she asked tiredly.

The face smiled but Sydney was already half asleep on the back seat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANG

It was a sound Jack had heard a thousand times before, half those times he had been pulling the trigger.

This time was different.

This time the sound was followed by a scream.

“JACK!”

Irina’s voice, always so calm and restrained rang with something else, pain.

Jack spun to see his wife on her knees; her hands pressed to her rib cage just bellow her right breast, blood staining the dark navy blue top she was wearing. Her face was a mixture of shock and agony.

Jack looked past her to her shooter; he caught a glimpse of half a face before it ducked back behind the concrete wall at the end of the hall.

He felt like he was in slow motion, he raised his gun and squeezed the trigger as his feet took the first running steps back to Irina.

The first shot grazed the wall the gunmen hid behind the second and third took down two men heading around the corner. Jack kept firing as he fell to a slid next to Irina empting his clip. He stopped firing to see he had pretty much taken down all the men following them. Irina started to fall backwards her strength ebbing away with the crimson liquid slowly sliding between her fingers.

Jack pulled her to him and spun her so her back rested against his chest, his hands found hers and he pushed down on the wound wrapping her in his arms he rested his head on her shoulder and felt her ragged breathing in his ear.

“Hold on Irina, hold on, you’re going to be ok, I promise, I won’t loose you again.” He whispered his voice shaking as he took a deep steadying breath and tried to think.

DUM DUM DUM!!! Evil evil evil cliffy!!! but you still love me right?? Read Review and as always my sweeties!!! enjoy!!

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounces:
But this Cliffhanger is very evil. :devil:
I am going to be very angry if you wait to long for the next update. :madfire::madfire::madfire:

Also write :whip: .
Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The meeting between SpyBarbie and the SpyRents was awesome ! Great cliffhanger ! I hope that Irina is OK. Thanks for the PM

huggles to you too Faela. Wonderful update, you kept me on the edge of my seat the entire chapter. I'm sooo happy that Sydney is finally free, and Jack and Irina are really sweet together, especially during this mission. I'm kind of worried about Irina though, she WILL make it right? Right?! I mean, she has to, Jack is not gonna take any other possibilities.
Now you absolutely got to update soon and let us know if Irina is going to be Okay. Hehe, just a little pressure from your reader.
Great update, and thanks for the PM. Yes, I did receive one.

WOW!!!! :eek: Look what happens when you shoot spymom!! People turn up in droves!! lmao :eek: I cant believe all these instant reviews! LOL it might be that the PM machine finally decided to work and let you all get your update lol.

Anyway, I decided not to leave you all hanging and wondering and jumping up and down on your seats, cause I know how annoying it is to read something as awesome as that last post then be left for days on end waiting for an update. SO! unlike other cruel writers, I'm going to update right now!!

Without further ado ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages!

Chapter Thirty-Six

Jack paced the hospital waiting area; he was too on edge to sit, too on edge to even think straight.

There was a buzzing in his pocket and he fumbled inside it to pull out his phone.

“Bristow!” he snapped as a nurse walked past him pursing her lips.

“Jack? You’re in danger, get out of Rome.” It was Vaughn but he didn’t say any more, he hung up and Jack felt like crushing the phone.

Another buzzing, this time from the bag Irina had left in the car and he had gone to collect a moment ago, “Bristow.” He snapped into this one as well.

“Mr Bristow? Where is Irina?” Came a smooth female voice.

“She’s in surgery.” He said shortly, he didn’t feel he aught to give away too many details.

The voice didn’t reply but he heard a string of curses, “Your daughter Sydney.” They started but Jack jumped on them before they could finish.

“Where is she? Is she safe?”

“Yes, she is safe, she is sleeping, tell me which hospital you are at and I will bring her to you… after I make travel arrangements.”

Jack sighed and thanked god silently before giving the woman the hospital name.

“Do you know where it is?”

“Yes, we will be there in an hour.”

Jack hung up the phone and dropped into one of the chairs, he pressed his hands to his face and tried to get his tired and over worked mind to stop and focus for a moment.

Sydney snapped awake when she heard a door click shut, over the last few months she had become hyper sensitive to sounds.

“Oh, sorry Ms Bristow, I didn’t mean to wake you.” Said the woman from before.

Sydney blinked and saw she was laying in a large bed in an apartment some where.

“Where are we?” she asked in a croaky voice.

“Your mother has many homes, this is just one of them, if you mean in a broader sense, we are in Rome.” The woman smiled gently at Sydney.

“Rome… Where are my parents?” Sydney looked around and realized they weren’t there.

The woman sighed and her face grew tense, “Your mother is in hospital… your father didn’t say what for, only that she was in surgery, I assume something went wrong.” She said as Sydney slid to the edge of the bed and stood up.

“What? What happened?” Sydney demanded and the woman held up a hand.

“I have no answers Ms Bristow, for now you should shower and change, I’ll take you to your parents.” She said indicating a clean set of clothes and a towel.

Sydney picked up the shirt and jeans and looked to the woman, “I have to make arrangements for you to leave Rome, the bathroom is down the all on the left. I told your father we would be an hour or so, take your time Ms Bristow.” The woman smiled then left the room.

Sydney looked down at the clothes in her hands then around the room before sighing and running her hand over her hair, she could defiantly use a shower.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irina woke to the sounds of beeping and groaned; she hated hospitals.

“Nice to see you back with us Mrs Levinson.” Said a soft voice and for a moment she was confused, if anything she was Mrs Bristow… unless.

She moaned and nodded, “Your doing very well considering your injury.” She opened her eyes and blinked before focusing on the doctors’ face.

“I’ll live right doctor.” She smiled softly.

He smiled back and nodded, “Your very healthy and remarkably strong, you’ll be just fine.” He assured her.

She nodded and licked her lips, “My husband?” she asked.

“He’s right outside… I’d like to talk to you about something before I bring him in… if you’re feeling up to it.”

“I’m not going any where.” She smiled and he took that as her agreement.

Jack watched as the doctor talked to Irina quietly, she seemed confused by something, then upset and he desperately wanted to know what was being said but he knew to wait.

The doctor left and was replaced by a nurse who was checking over all the machines, Irina grabbed her wrist as she lent over her and the nurse nodded and smiled at her before leaving the room.

“Mr Levinson, your wife is in recovery right now, we don’t normally allow visitors but she was asking for you when the sedative began to wear off. Actually she nearly broke my wrist when I told her you weren’t allowed to see her.” The pretty red head said with a shake of her head as she walked closer to him.

“That sounds like my wife; she’s very forceful when she wants something.” Jack smiled and she nodded, with a smile she said “She’s resting again, you can see her but she won’t be very talkative.”

Jack nodded and stepped around the nurse to walk over to Irina’s room.

He stopped at Irina’s door and hesitated, he wasn’t sure he was ready to see her hooked up to all kinds of machines. Jack bit the inside of his lip and steeled his resolve.

Gently turning the handle and pushing the door open he looked around it to see if she was awake. Her eyes were closed but a slight smile spread over her face, she had heard him.

Jack quickly stepped inside and shut the door; he stood behind it just looking at her for a few minutes.

“I hear you assaulted a nurse.” He said softly looking at the heart rate monitor and the tubes in her arms and her nose, her hair splayed over the crisp white pillows.

She nodded her head and opened her chocolate coloured eyes and smiled “I’m an impatient woman.” She said softly her voice husky.

Jack walked over and took hold of the back of the chair; he dragged it to the side of her bed and took her hand gently in his running his thumb over her fingers.

“I’ve filled out the paper work with an Alias, Samuel Levinson, businessmen in town for a holiday.” He explained as he heard the soft beeping of one of the machines.

Irina nodded and closed her eyes as her fingers tightened there hold on his hand.

“I put you down as Irina Levinson, my wife, Primary school teacher; I didn’t think it would be much of a stretch.” Jack noticed how pale she looked under the lights, she seemed some how diminished, some how lessened, she seemed fragile, something he had never associated with Irina Derevko, assassin and spy.

Irina tried to laugh but it became a cough, he was on his feet in a second the hand that wasn’t entwined with her fingers on her shoulder, she waved away his concern with her other hand and laid her head back down with a deep breath and a smile.

“Not much of a stretch, I think I can manage that.” She smiled closing her eyes as he sat back down.

“Irina, Vaughn called, he said we weren’t safe here, I think NSA is on our tail.” He said as she took a deep breath and nodded.

“Sydney?” she asked.

“She’s safe, she’s on her way here.” He assured her.

“Then it’s all worth it.” Irina smiled.

“They are not putting you in a cell Irina, I wont let them.” He said forcefully.

“I love it when your protective.” She opened her eyes to smile at him. He kissed her fingers and brushed her hair away from her face.

“We didn’t go through all this to be beaten on the home stretch.” He smiled.

“Sydney’s safe, nothing else matters.”

“Irina, the NSA will want to know everything she knows about the covenant about who was holding her and she’s in no fit state to tell them anything.” Jack shook his head.

“She won’t know anything of value.”

“Exactly, but they wont care.”

“She’s not safe in the United States is she…?” Irina said softly.

“Not until we find out more about this Covenant and what they wanted.”

She sighed, nodded and closed her eyes.

Jack watched her breathing slow, her face change, she was tired; she was trying to stay awake.

“Sleep, I’ll stay with you.” Jack whispered as her eyes fluttered open for a second before closing again.

“Promise.” She whispered back.

Jack sat up and lent over kissing her forehead.

“I Promise.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack had just come back from the coffee machine when he heard a voice at the nurses’ station and looked up.

“Sydney.” He called out and she turned to look at him.

“Dad!” she dashed over and leapt on him, she was showered and was wearing clean clothes.

He held her as best he could with a coffee in one hand and smiled.

“How do you feel sweetheart?” he asked softly.

She was pale and thin but she seemed ok other wise.

“Tired and starved but I’m alright, what happened? Where’s mom?” she asked and he handed her his coffee.

“She’s asleep.” He said as she sipped the coffee and pulled a face at the taste but took another sip.

“What happened?” she demanded as he led her to her mothers’ room.

“She was shot as we made our way out.” He explained coming to a stop at the room.

Sydney looked through the window to see her mother asleep, hooked up to all kinds of machines.

“Dad… what happens now?” she asked softly.

Jack sighed and for once, didn’t have an answer.

MWhahahahahahahaha now comes the fun part! Escaping the CIA and NSA!! Dont worry, everyone of you is getting a PM when the sequel goes up, I'll send you all a link to it in a PM :D I'm good to my fans.

Read review and especially enjoy my pretties!!

Vaughn knows that Syd is alive right?
Can't wait to see how they escape the NSA and CIA,
but if anyone can it would be The Bristow/Derevko clan.
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.

Two updates in a row ? Thanks for the treat ! Glad to see that Mrs Levinson is OK, and that Irina still considers she is Mrs Bristow !

“Dad… what happens now?” she asked softly.

Jack sighed and for once, didn’t have an answer.
SpyDaddy doesn't have a plan ? Now I'm worried ! Thanks for the PM !

Back