Over the Years

Title: Over the Years
Author: Me *Katy*
Category: Fluffy Angst
Ship: S/V... Seriously, what else is there.
Disclaimer: I own nothing.. BlahBlahBlah -_-
Spoilers: None... AU
Summary: Sydney and Vaughn meet in high school, but they don’t get along. This is NOT a high school fic; it skips a bunch of years. You’ll see!
Special Thanks: to Janet for the beta and for help with the ideas. ^_^ Love ya Janet!
A/N: This is three parts. That’s it. I may do a sequel in the future. MAYBE! ;) I was in a good mood today and had to write something and this is what came out. I hope you enjoy. The first part is short!
If you got a PM, please reask for one. ;)

I hope you enjoy.

[1]

Sydney Bristow fixed her glasses that had fallen down the bridge of her nose as she walked through the crowded high school hall on Monday morning.

Sydney looked down at her shoes as she approached the “popular” people.

As she walked past, Michael Vaughn and his fellow jocks called her an assortment of names ranging from loser to dork.

She was used to this by now. They had been doing this ever since she was a freshman, four years ago.

Sydney was luckily a senior and would be getting out of this hell hole, called high school, in a few days.

After graduation, she never wanted to see anyone in her class ever again, with the exception of her best friends Will and Francie.

Sydney watched out of the corner of her eye as Michael and Alice made out by her locker. They were the “it” couple.

Sydney would never admit it, but she had always been slightly jealous of Alice. She was popular, pretty, and had Michael Vaughn as a boyfriend.

Sydney had like Michael since middle school, but no one knew of her crush. If they did she would be teased more than she already was.

Sydney smiled when she saw Francie waiting for her at the end of the hall.

“Hey Syd, are you ready for our last week of high school?” Francie exclaimed happily.

“You have no idea.” Sydney sighed. Even though Francie was best friends with Sydney, she was still popular.

Sydney and Francie started to walk towards their first class. Sydney reminded herself that it was just a few more days... a few more days.

~*~

Sydney groaned as Francie dragged her around the ice skating rink. The school had given the seniors the day off of school and rented the ice rink for them to use.

Sydney didn’t want to come, but Francie had forced her claiming that it was a once in a life time opportunity, and she would regret not going.

So reluctantly, Sydney went ice skating with the rest of her class.

Sydney watched as Michael skated around with ease. Every once in a while, he would stop and give Alice a kiss.

Sydney groaned in disgust.

The majority of the people there were “preps”. She tried to leave, but Francie forced her to stay.

Sydney skated around a couple times, before taking a break to get some hot coffee.

She was just finishing her coffee when a slow song came over the intercom. It was a ‘slow skate’ like a slow dance, but on ice.

Sydney noticed Michael sitting all by himself. Alice wasn’t skating with him.

Sydney gained an ounce of courage and walked over to where Michael was sitting. He looked at her strangely as she sat down next to him.

She played with a strand of hair, before blurting out nervously, “Will you skate with me?”

Michael looked at her in shock before he busted out laughing.

”Why would I skate with you, loser?” Michael said, in between laughs.

Sydney held back tears as she quickly got up and walked away.

She headed straight for the door, Francie tried to stop her, but Sydney didn’t care what she had to say. She had to get out of this ice skating rink.

Sydney stopped long enough to take off her skates. She saw Alice and Michael laughing hysterically as she walked out of the rink.

~*~

Sydney graduated two days later, with the intention of never seeing anyone in her class ever again.

Little did she know, fate had a different plan for her.

:thinking:

You know I never thought that Michael would be a jerk in High School. Who knew? Please keep me on your PM list. Thank you.

Vaughn was a jerk!
I hope he will say sorry
And I hope Sydney will get over this emotionally
Thanks for the PM
Keep me on the list please!
Update again soon!

awww vaughn was soo mean! but i wonder what comes next!!! sooo excited!! and syd a nerd?!?! wow ive never read her liek that! great fic! :D (y) oh yeah can i get a pm when u update? thanks! :smiley:

Please keep me on the PM list Katy, im loving this....
MIchaels amean little....poo....though isnt he?
Oh well hehe i liked the last line, that one botu fate....*strokes chin* MAYBE jsut MAYBE they shall meet? lol
Thanks for the PM, and please update soon!

:stupid: Why that rude little...poo...to borrow a turn of phrase I heard somewhere. Slap him syd, raise hand and strick him down.
This better get better or ima gonna slap dat poo myself. Can I getta PM?

Anji

Back