Season 4 Pandora's Overnight Ratings

Ninfa

Cadet
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...4698|1|,00.html

An hour-long "American Idol" results show won the 9 p.m. hour for FOX, averaging 14.5/22. "Revelations" debuted to a 9.9/15 on NBC, well above the network's season average for the time period. ABC dropped to third with "Alias," 5.2/8. CBS was close behind with "The King of Queens," 5.2/8, and "Yes, Dear," 5.0/7. "Kevin Hill" kept UPN in fifth, beating the return of "Jack & Bobby" on The WB.

week to week, due to American Idol and now this week, for the next 6 weeks with "Revelations" ... and the final episodes being shown for American Idol ... "Alias" is gonna have a hard time catching viewers ... :thud:

the good news is that we already have season 5 up on ABC ... I just wonder what ABC will do with the show ... I am thinking move it to 10pm and put JJ's "the Catch" at 9pm ... and see how it works ...

It's already being reported that it will be paired again with Lost in the fall. Personally I think they should move it to mondays now that Third Watch is out of there. I honestly think they could get better ratings, and stay stable throughout the season. It's getting killed with AI and now NBC movie of the week being pitted against it. And it's been shown that without Lost as a lead in it doesn't do so well.

The screwup with the episodes did not help at all, from what I have seen on other boards many people have left the show and given up, even though it's getting better now.

^Because of the pairing with Lost, it's gonna be friggin sweet! That was when Lost is a rerun, ALIAS can be a rerun. When Lost is new, ALIAS is new. We'll always have the ratings boost!

I can't believe we toed with King of Queens! Alias is better than that. Stupid people.

Whatever, we're getting S5 so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Good grief, you can see Revelations 15 times this week. -_- I waited one day and saw it on CNBC against no competition that I cared about. Monday? If they follow through on their threat to drop Monday Night Football, maybe. ;)

Guys keep this mind, NBC overall used to be the top network and ABC used to come in 4th place. Now, that they've lost Friends and Frasier, they're in 4th place! Conan O'Brien did a week full of skits about it lol

They won't drop monday night football, at least not for this season. The games are already scheduled. Tuesday's probably the weakest night of TV that people actually watch TV on (noone really watches friday and saturday nights), so maybe they could move it there. They probably won't since Lost has such a strong following on wednesday.

Again. Ratings. Don't care. ALIAS is getting a Season 5, paired with Lost, things look good to me. And ALIAS rocks again, so, again, don't care! lol

verdantheart said:
Good grief, you can see Revelations 15 times this week.  -_- I waited one day and saw it on CNBC against no competition that I cared about. Monday? If they follow through on their threat to drop Monday Night Football, maybe.  ;)
[post="1302930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:thud: ... Wish I had known that -- I thought I was going to have to miss Revelations every week in favor of Alias.... Thanks for the tip -- although I missed the first ep., now I know I can watch it without missing (and taping) Alias....

Keeping Alias with Lost is the way to do it. If they're both coming back in September (a normal season instead of this 22 episodes straight through one we got this year) ABC would be smart to keep them together, and have them show all-new episodes at the same time, and reruns at the same time. Also, next year I don't think ABC will make JJ Abrams "dumb down" the first half of the season to bring in new viewers. It's got viewers now, and ABC seems to be happy with it, so I think we'll get the regular Alias-type episodes again. I mean Lost has apparently been doing those types of shows all season and it's a top rated show, so if Alias follows suit, they will be a big one-two punch for ABC on Wednesdays.

Mondays are Monday Night Football ...

Tuesdays ... most probably ABC will move "Boston legal" to 10pm ... since Blind Justice is not working for them ...

Wednesdays ... its gonna stay the same ... with the new JJ's show "The Catch" most probably there too ...

Thursday is no competition against CBS, so I just hope ABC doesn't move anything for that night ...

Fridays can stay the same ...

Saturdays ... well I don't watch TV on Saturdays ...

Sundays ... ABC has their winning block, with Extreme Make-Over, Desperate HouseWives and Grey's Anatomy ...

labrat said:
They won't drop monday night football, at least not for this season.  The games are already scheduled.  Tuesday's probably the weakest night of TV that people actually watch TV on (noone really watches friday and saturday nights), so maybe they could move it there.  They probably won't since Lost has such a strong following on wednesday.
[post="1303280"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I would disagree with at because at 9:00pm on Tuesday there is "Veronica Mars" on UPN, "House" on FOX, "Scrubs" on NBC, and "Amazing Race" on CBS. I count on ABC to air felgercarb on Tuesday so it is one less thing for me to miss. Personally, I feel Monday is the weakest night. I don't watch anything (maybe "Medium" on NBC), but with MNF on ABC, who knows? I am glad I am not a programming scheduler.

After wasting your time with that, the most important thing is that "Alias" will be back for season 5, and I will watch it.

I just read somewhere that the Monday Night Football is gonna be shown on ESPN starting the 2006 season ... I have no clue why ABC would want to change their schedule, knowing that with the Monday Night Football, they are winning that time-period ... :thinking:

and then NBC buys the Sunday night Football now, and for the next 6 years, NBC will show football on Sunday night, also starting in 2006 ... :blink:

Back