Pets

Well here is a happy pic then. Besides the fact that I no longer have this cat. :(

Excuse my roughness in this picture. It was one of those PJ wearing days where you just pull your hair back and be lazy. ;) ^_^
This is me and my used to be cat Lillie. I will try and get a picture of my present cat Skoot. ^_^

post-98-1054189969.jpg

When I get older and have made my millions, I'm going to adopt a bunch of dogs from shelters. And then I'm going to rescue retired racehorses, and I'm going to live on a big old farm with all my dogs and horses. I want to adopt another dog, but my parents (and my current dog, brownie, too, probably) won't let me. And my brother would probably just torture it anyways... :angry:

I feel bad for the race horses that are sent to the slaughter houses...I feel bad for all horses that are...

Oh I know! Me too! The first time I read about Exceller, I cried. He was a really good racehorse in the US and won a lot of money, but he was eventually retired and sent to the breeding shed. He didn't do too well, so he got sold to Sweden. And then his old owners got word that he somehow ended up in a slaughterhouse there. They have a whole Exceller fund now, for retired racehorses.

I hate slaughterhouses... but more than that, I hate the way they transport the horses. There are bans on slaughtering horses in the US, but the amount of them that are sent up to Canada is sick. And transportation... I've heard about horses being transported in those double decker trailers... like cattle. It's not right for cattle either, but horses are more fragile and they're more sensitive. I had many an argument over this with my now exboyfriend. Since he grew up on a dairy farm, he just didn't understand.

Existentialist said:
I feel bad for the race horses that are sent to the slaughter houses...I feel bad for all horses that are...

Oh I know! Me too! The first time I read about Exceller, I cried. He was a really good racehorse in the US and won a lot of money, but he was eventually retired and sent to the breeding shed. He didn't do too well, so he got sold to Sweden. And then his old owners got word that he somehow ended up in a slaughterhouse there. They have a whole Exceller fund now, for retired racehorses.

I hate slaughterhouses... but more than that, I hate the way they transport the horses. There are bans on slaughtering horses in the US, but the amount of them that are sent up to Canada is sick. And transportation... I've heard about horses being transported in those double decker trailers... like cattle. It's not right for cattle either, but horses are more fragile and they're more sensitive. I had many an argument over this with my now exboyfriend. Since he grew up on a dairy farm, he just didn't understand.
oh I know!!! It makes me sick the way some people treat horses...it's so depressing that they just don't understand.....sometime I'd just like to send someone to the slaughter house to prove how inhumane they can be...you wouldn't send someone to the slaughterhouse just because they're old and in bad shape. You can always bring them back...

The sad thing is... it's not old and out of shape horses that are usually sent to the slaughterhouse. It's just horses, maybe past their prime as a racer, but perfectly capable of doing something else (I've ridden many an ex-racehorse). Unfortunately, old horses do get sent to slaughterhouses too, and it's sad that horses that spent their whole lives trying to please someone just gets discarded like that.

I got my membership card for the ASPCA yesterday. It has a cute picture of a dog and cat nuzzling. And then they proceeded to tell a story about an abused dog. It makes me want to cry everytime I read these stories.

animal cruelty should kill the abusive people...grr..someone should beat the felgercarb outta them and shove them in a trailer over filled with other people...and then stuffed through a slaughter house.

Yeah, I know it! Of course, people will always insist "but they're animals, they don't have feelings like us superior humans." Which just shows how little they actually know. :angry:
I get realllllly riled up about animal cruelty.

There was this story in the paper like a week ago about these two men who went into a field and battered a two-week old lamb to death. i mean that just makes me sick

I have a cat named Tali. Weird name I know I don't even know where it came from, but she is 18 years old, in human years, and very old in cat years. I was born in April, She was born in September and mum got her for a christmas present that year. She is my best friend, but she is getting old and sick so I don't know how long I'll have her. But she is so cute when she has a fly buzzing around her and she sits back on her hind legs and tries to squish the fly with her two front paws!! She is a beautiful Burmese, dark chocolate brown in colour with green eyes.

allagent333 said:
There was this story in the paper like a week ago about these two men who went into a field and battered a two-week old lamb to death. i mean that just makes me sick
ugh that just makes me want to throw up...I can't believe people these days... 🇳🇴

maybe you can get a dog or cat after your hampster is gone?? :thinking:

Awww poor lamb. :( Why in the world would anyone do something like that?

I read an article a few years back about a bunch of boys (I think their ages were from like 9 to 14) in Texas, who threw sticks and stones at a gym teacher's horse and killed him. It was the most upsetting thing ever. I just can't understand. And there was a girl at the stable I used to ride at who would throw dirt and sand at her pony. The poor pony was so screwed up.

Back